1. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Re: Celtics vs Pacers game thread 01/04/13

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to passfirst's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

One big man away from being a very good team.

[/QUOTE]

Agree

[/QUOTE]

Bradley is the most game changing not in the stats guy I have seen. Bradley and a big man and this team is what we thought all along.

[/QUOTE]

exactly, he's the chemistry piece that changes the culture of the team, making them who they are.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

sullinger is getting in their heads, love it

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Sullinger plays ball

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

KG McHale

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to JamezHill24's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I just don't understand why some here want Rondo traded.

[/QUOTE]

but lets be fair here Fierce, i had 1000's of arguments with you last year when you INSISTED Rondo needed to be traded, and one of your reasons was the same one people have now, to acquire a big.

[/QUOTE]

That's true. But after Rondo's play in the playoffs last season and his improved shooting this season, it's hard not to admit that Rondo's really a great player.

And I also told you last season, many times, I'm not a Rondo hater.

[/QUOTE]

Fierce, you gained monumental respect from me with this post.  Most people won't admit that they changed their minds or maybe were proven wrong.   Intellectual honesty is missing from a lot of people.   Good post, man.

[/QUOTE]

agreed, i was thinking the same thing. And ive seen the proof this whole season when Fierce has gone to bat for Rondo over and over and over. Respect.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

Don't have the game out west.  What has happened in the second half?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I don't care what anybody says.  KG just backed Psycho-T down low with two or three body bumps, gave him a pump fake and kissed a banker off the backboard for TWO.  I don't want to hear that KG can't post up down low anymore and "he's a jump shooter now".

KG can do just what he did to Hansbrough at least 6 times per game and I guarantee he'd get either baskets or trips to the FT line.  He can always settle for the mid-range jumper but I truly believe he STILL can be effective in the post.  KG has attempted just 2 FTs tonight. 

Dang, I'M SORRY, I love KG but I did not like that foul.  Hansbrough is an instigator - I wish he wore green but KG cannot come down on his face like that.  He has to be smart especially after committing the first STUPID flagrant foul.  Love the intensity but just plain stupid.  Even if he intended to go for the ball, he clearly connect with all face.  Not acceptable especially when we're up by 20.

So he's had a flagrant 1 and a flagrant 2 ejection.  Does that carry any additional punishment?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

another side note.  Shaq wasn't to far off when he said Brook Lopez was one of the top Center in the League.  He is dominating tonight and having a quite but solid season.  Who would you rather have on your squad thus far in the season?  Lopez, Howard or Bynum?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to red2004sox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Don't have the game out west.  What has happened in the second half?

[/QUOTE]

bass has finally rebounded the ball some.  no points.  jeff green also clinically dead this game.  somehow we are up 20

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]

another side note.  Shaq wasn't to far off when he said Brook Lopez was one of the top Center in the League.  He is dominating tonight and having a quite but solid season.  Who would you rather have on your squad thus far in the season?  Lopez, Howard or Bynum?

[/QUOTE]

howard.  lopez is a horrendous rebounder for a 7 footer.  and not really trending better in the PER's in that category

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Lopez is averaging 19 and 8 rebounds.  He is good and he is not a head case.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So he's had a flagrant 1 and a flagrant 2 ejection.  Does that carry any additional punishment?

[/QUOTE]

Depends upon how the league office views it.  Dwitght Howard did not get a suspension for his flagrant 2 on Kawahi Leonard.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't care what anybody says.  KG just backed Psycho-T down low with two or three body bumps, gave him a pump fake and kissed a banker off the backboard for TWO.  I don't want to hear that KG can't post up down low anymore and "he's a jump shooter now".

[/QUOTE]

psycho T is 6-8.  kg is 7-1.  i surely hope he can take him into the post

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

One good game tonight.  It remains to be seen if its an anomoly or if we are starting to figure something out.   I sure hope we start to use this to vault us into a winning streak.

Good guard defense starts a lot of things going right.   Hope its a trend.

Sorry, Fierce, but Terry is still a waste in my mind.  He's behind Lee, Bradley, and Rondo at this point.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

horrible foul call on Sullinger

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Lee and Barbosa can score.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

my bad, lopez is having his best rebounding PER of his career at 8.9 per 36 mins.  howard is at 11.9.  difference in refinement of offensive game might tilt the scale toward lopez, IF he sustains his rebounding

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:
    [QUOTE]

One good game tonight.  It remains to be seen if its an anomoly or if we are starting to figure something out.   I sure hope we start to use this to vault us into a winning streak.

Good guard defense starts a lot of things going right.   Hope its a trend.

Sorry, Fierce, but Terry is still a waste in my mind.  He's behind Lee, Bradley, and Rondo at this point.

[/QUOTE]

right, he's been a poor mans Eddie House up till this point.  Barbosa can create more offense than Terry, and work down his man on defense.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to srinivasa's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Lee and Barbosa can score.

[/QUOTE]

So at this point, is Terry better than any other guard on the Celtics?   I hope Fierce is right and he's important in the playoffs because right now, the other 4 guys are all better than him - faster, younger, and more athletic.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Leandro!!!!

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

they just throughout a stat out.  Saying Lopez has more points in the paint than any other player.  He is solid at the line and he is pulling 8 boards with the likes of Blanche and Evans (rebound machines this year) on the squad.  Oh, by the way, he's a team player.  Howards numbers aren't that much better.  Plus Lopez has been playing seven less minute a game.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts