Celtics vs Pacers game thread 01/04/13

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Re: Celtics vs Pacers game thread 01/04/13

ohh what I would give for a go-to PG like Chris Paul, and alternatively, Parker, Westbrook and now Curry and Lilliard.  They are all-around players at a level above second tier flawed PGs like Rondo, Williams and Rubio. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

In response to red2004sox's comment:

Fierce, your trying to make an argument for Terry but the stats don't pan out.  He has done nothing more in the playoffs over his career than he does in the regular season.  Virtually identical numbers or worse because he plays more minutes in the playoffs.

If your argument is that Terry will play consistant through the playoffs and the other guards won't play up to their averages, you would have a better argument.  But I believe they will. 

maybe you should look at the Mavs title run.  Look at the percantages and assists.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/841/seasontype/3/jason-terry

Terry is not the player he once was.

And you probably suggested him in the starting lineup within the last two weeks.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

Fierce, your trying to make an argument for Terry but the stats don't pan out.  He has done nothing more in the playoffs over his career than he does in the regular season.  Virtually identical numbers or worse because he plays more minutes in the playoffs.

If your argument is that Terry will play consistant through the playoffs and the other guards won't play up to their averages, you would have a better argument.  But I believe they will. 

maybe you should look at the Mavs title run.  Look at the percantages and assists.

And you probably suggested him in the starting lineup within the last two weeks.

OneOnOne, are you seriously going to pull one season out the eight post seasons he's played in?  Why don't you just break out his best games as proof.  Fierce said he was clutch in the post season.  That is cumulative and by those standards his game is the same or worse than the regular season. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Nice win!

Terry, AB and Rondo are two small for a 3 guard rotation in my opinion. If Green plays like he is currently playing we neet to keep Lee as a defender for bigger guards and some of the quicker 3s.

Terry choked several times in the post season during his Mavs time. He is one of the major reason that the Mavs often went home in the first round. He is as streaky as it can get and a horrible defender.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

OneOnOne, are you seriously going to pull one season out the eight post seasons he's played in?  Why don't you just break out his best games as proof.  Fierce said he was clutch in the post season.  That is cumulative and by those standards his game is the same or worse than the regular season. 

The point being he could play a major part on a championship  team was all that was meant.  It just gets tiresome around here all the stinking bandwagon fans. Game to game it changes. It is only what have you done for me lately.  Like I told CFAN I am pretty sure I have watched Terry a lot more than you.  He can be very clutch.  Looking at season and regular season doesn't really show you how clutch they are.  Hey if you want to hate on JT, feel free, blast away.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Lee is much better than Terry at this point in their careers!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

if our season was on the line, Terry or Lee are both wide open for a 3pter.  Who would you rather shoot it?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

if our season was on the line, Terry or Lee are both wide open for a 3pter.  Who would you rather shoot it?

Same question, Terry and Kg both open at 3pt. line season on the line. Which one would you rather shoot it?  If all you did was shoot three's Ray would win every game!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Same question, Terry and Kg both open at 3pt. line season on the line. Which one would you rather shoot it?  If all you did was shoot three's Ray would win every game!!

It doesn't matter if Lee is better.  Great, I can live with it.  They are both Celtics.  Not a problem. I was just pointing out that JT still has some value.  Other than Pierce we don't have anyone to step up and hit the shot I am talking about,  other than JT.  We need to move on from Ray.  Case is closed on that book.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

It doesn't matter if Lee is better.  Great, I can live with it.  They are both Celtics.  Not a problem. I was just pointing out that JT still has some value.  Other than Pierce we don't have anyone to step up and hit the shot I am talking about,  other than JT.  We need to move on from Ray.  Case is closed on that book.

I agree, he still has value. Lee is bigger, faster, taller and younger, but Terry can shoot the 3 ball better!!  Or i should say he has in the past shot the 3 ball better. I think both can shoot it better than they have been shooting it!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

I agree, he still has value. Lee is bigger, faster, taller and younger, but Terry can shoot the 3 ball better!!  Or i should say he has in the past shot the 3 ball better. I think both can shoot it better than they have been shooting it!!

+1

Sections
Shortcuts