Celtics vs. Pistons 01/20/13

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Celtics vs. Pistons 01/20/13

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to concord27's comment:

concord

It's no longer November or December. You have to think long term. If you think the Celtics can win a championship, beat Miami and OKC or the Clips, then we can trade our young players. But if you think we're only a playoff team then we should keep all our young players and make real run in 2015-16.

I do your point is well taken. The problem is Green and Bass we are going to be stuck with. Ainge would have made a move if he could have. The six game winning streak was the time to do so.

If that's the case then get ready for a rebuild because if what you're saying is true, then Ainge might not make a deal at all.

I defer to you on this, I am hoping Doc and DA are not winging it and have a plan. I do feel if we had picked up a good big man we could have made a run. Just as we knew last year that if DA had added Kaman or another big like that we would have been in the final and won.  I  believe this we were right there.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

concord

It's no longer November or December. You have to think long term. If you think the Celtics can win a championship, beat Miami and OKC or the Clips, then we can trade our young players. But if you think we're only a playoff team then we should keep all our young players and make real run in 2015-16.

I do your point is well taken. The problem is Green and Bass we are going to be stuck with. Ainge would have made a move if he could have. The six game winning streak was the time to do so.

If that's the case then get ready for a rebuild because if what you're saying is true, then Ainge might not make a deal at all.

I defer to you on this, I am hoping Doc and DA are not winging it and have a plan. I do feel if we had picked up a good big man we could have made a run. Just as we knew last year that if DA had added Kaman or another big like that we would have been in the final and won.  I  believe this we were right there.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

concord

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

Tough night for the Patriots and seeing the Celtics lose three straight  is hard to take.  I say with the character of Garnett and Pierce bring some other players in that can benefit from them and make a run at it before it is too late. 

Celtics are now 20-20. The Celtics would have to go 31-11 or 30-12 just to finish 3rd ort 4th. If the Celtics are just the 6th, 7th, or 8th, it would be an early exit. Not worth giving up our young players.

Not yet too late, but if Ainge doesn't make a move and he waits until the trade deadline, then it would be too late.

I agree! The longer DA waits, the more I think he will make a move towards the future (versus win now), OR do nothing at all! 

True!

Why force the issue when Lebron and Durant are at the peak of their careers.

Is it realistic to think KG and Pierce can lead the Celtics to 4 playoff victories against Lebron and the Heat? Maybe the Celtics can take the Heat to Game 6 or Game 7, but in the end KG and Pierce will not have enough.

Agree! The C's could still turn the corner this season, but allot of things would have to go right!

1. JG would have to break out of his shell and become a scoring machine

2. AB would have to return to the player he was at the end of last year

3. Trade for or pick-up (amnesty) a serviceable big man

4. Melo would have to make an impact late in the season

5. JT would have to go on a 3-pointer tear 

6. KG and PP would have to find their groove again 

7. RR would have to turn into Superman, as he often does in the playoffs

8. BB would have to go to the bench

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Doc: 'some people have to go'. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

concord

It is obvious that Paul and KG are where Ray was in the 2010-11 season.  There is not much time left.  KG can still be very valuable with proper supporting cast.  But without Paul's scoring the Celts are not going anywhere.  And I don't see Paul being able to score much against LeBron.

Danny can't make a trade compromising the future for a hope at present.  His only move is to seek an upgrade at 4.  For this season to become something, we have to hope that Melo can contribute and that AB develops a reliable shot.  Both are very long shots.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pa-Pow. Show Pa-Pow's posts

Points to be considered. 

1.  Danny went into the season with no big.  Dumb

2.  Doc should've been let go for draft picks and keep Thibs!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to srinivasa's comment:

Doc: 'some people have to go'. 

Wow! Doc tears into team! Changes may be needed! 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

In response to prakash's comment:

concord

It is obvious that Paul and KG are where Ray was in the 2010-11 season.  There is not much time left.  KG can still be very valuable with proper supporting cast.  But without Paul's scoring the Celts are not going anywhere.  And I don't see Paul being able to score much against LeBron.

Danny can't make a trade compromising the future for a hope at present.  His only move is to seek an upgrade at 4.  For this season to become something, we have to hope that Melo can contribute and that AB develops a reliable shot.  Both are very long shots.

How do you upgrade the 4 without sacrificing the future? No team is going to give up a player of value for green,  Lee, or bass without including a young asset

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

I know it is easy to say now,  but I felt like this game and Chicago were going to end badly for the c's. They actually played ok against the bulls, but this team cannot compete with teams that have true bigs that are athletic. These type teams expose bass,  and to a lesser extent sullinger. Kg can't do it by himself.

Besides the fact the team lacks size,  to me the problem is how much pressure is on Pierce and kg to perform offensively.  Right now,  they have to perform like the teams number 1 and 2options every night to win.  In an ideal world,  at their ages they should be 3 or 4 options on a contender

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

It doesn't take much to get an upgrade over Bass. Right now even Drew Gooden is an upgrade over Bass.

I can understand Bass struggling against taller defenders. But right now he totally sucks.

[/QUOTE]

Bass is one of the big problems.  But, so is Terry.  

From BCSP's Post:

Agree! The C's could still turn the corner this season, but allot of things would have to go right!

1. JG would have to break out of his shell and become a scoring machine  (At least we see signs 50% of the time so this one is possible)

2. AB would have to return to the player he was at the end of last year (I think this one is highly probable)

3. Trade for or pick-up (amnesty) a serviceable big man  (this may be the hardest one to make happen - its not within the Celtic's control - they have to hope someone is nice to them)

4. Melo would have to make an impact late in the season  (don't count on it.  He looks good against D-Leaguers but looks too lost for the NBA at this point)

5. JT would have to go on a 3-pointer tear (hmmm.  No signs of that!!!)

6. KG and PP would have to find their groove again (This is possible.  They are coasting - you can see it.  Like last year, I think they know they cannot go a full season at even 80% speed, so they go at 50% speed until the playoffs).

7. RR would have to turn into Superman, as he often does in the playoffs  (I believe he has learned bad habits from KG and Pierce - play on and off until the playoffs.  He'll show up)

8. BB would have to go to the bench  (Up to Doc to step up on this one or up to Danny to get rid of him (Bass).  I do see Sully taking most of the minutes but getting into foul trouble a lot.   We're stuck with Bass or going small at that point).

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts