Celtics vs. Pistons

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Re: Celtics vs. Pistons

Perfect!  Another feel good game ending in a loss.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

Andy.... can I call you Andy? Sorry, Andrew. I hope you weren't trying to get away from all that snow living in Canada. Cause you are gunna be Boston bound my friend.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Hurry up Rondo and come back!!!!!!  This team needs a ball handler and floor general.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

That was hard to watch.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I dont even think we're trying to win.  Have you ever heard of off/def substitution at the end of a game brad.  

of course he has, but I seriously think we want to lose.  If you want to lose, put the ball in Bradley's hands.  Bring in Crawford on offensive possessions to close out if you want a shot at winning.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

In response to scubber's comment:

That was hard to watch.

I thought it was going to be much worse.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to jdm894g's comment:

Hurry up Rondo and come back!!!!!!  This team needs a ball handler and floor general.

Wait!  Wouldn't the ball movement get worse when he comes back?

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

people a few years ago at North Carolina were all jacked up over Harrison Barnes. He was good not great, and I'm afraid Andrew might be the same non take charge guy, even if we are lucky ( or unlucky ) enough to get him

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

In response to billge's comment:

people a few years ago at North Carolina were all jacked up over Harrison Barnes. He was good not great, and I'm afraid Andrew might be the same non take charge guy, even if we are lucky ( or unlucky ) enough to get him

You're absolutely right. As of now. that's the way it is. after March Madness, could be a whole other story.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

So what is your prescription for success.  Here are some examples from the past:

1)  The North Carolina example that you quoted.

2)  The Chicago Bulls example that Fierce quotes.

3)  The OKC example that many people quote.

4)  Nobody is quoting the San Antonio Spurs who parlayed 1-year of injury to David Robinson into multiple championships.

I don't see what can be done different.  Danny absolutely has to gamble here.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Jabari has the handle, size, strength, and skill. He will be the go to guy this year and can smoothly transition into the same role on the Celtics in 2014.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:

wiggins and barnes are two totally different players. unlike barnes, wiggins can handle the ball, drive to the hoop, and create for himself. 

Correct. Barnes was never touted as being the player that Wiggins is. I live here in the Triad. 30 minutes from UNC (Chapel Hill). 45 minutes from Duke (Durham). 35 minutes the other way from Wake Forest (Winston-Salem). 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

I was in Chapel hill twice  last week, also live in the Triad, but that doesn't make me an authority.  All I'm saying is be careful what you wish for.  Saw a story last week, indicating some scouts are not super impressed with Wiggin.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

Jabari has the handle, size, strength, and skill. He will be the go to guy this year and can smoothly transition into the same role on the Celtics in 2014.

I like Jabrari too. Looking at Jabrari and Wiggins kind of reminds me of PP and V. Carter when they came out of college. One, a high flying highlight real, getting all the publicity. The other, a gym rat and solid grind it out scorer with the heart of a champion. Time will tell what kind of players Parker and Wiggins will be.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

In response to prakash's comment:

In response to jdm894g's comment:

Wait!  Wouldn't the ball movement get worse when he comes back?

No.  It will put some people back in a role they are more comfortable with i.e., AB and Lee.  I don't see it getting any worse than whats been on display so far.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Was Jeff Green sick or something?

Only 20 minutes and he really didn't seem involved in the game.

I did not hear any comments about him being hurt or anything.

Any insight?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:

Faverani- 19 minutes, 4-6 shooting, 8 points, 2 rebounds, 1 assist, 2 steals, 1 block

WHERE WAS JEFF GREEN?!!!

On the bench.  Only played 20 mins.   Coach had no intention of winning this game.  He was told by Danny..."if you want to coach next year, you better not be coaching to win this year.  Just coach to develop the young guys!"

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

I was in Chapel hill twice  last week, also live in the Triad, but that doesn't make me an authority.  All I'm saying is be careful what you wish for.  Saw a story last week, indicating some scouts are not super impressed with Wiggin.

everyone is entitled to their own opinion. He may not turn into the touted player everyone is expecting. We say Wiggins now, because he's the concentual #1. But, like i said, with a full college season ahead, that could all change.

Sections
Shortcuts