Celtics vs Sixers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: Celtics vs Sixers

There's the game.  Dam.  Another loss. Frustrating.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Game over. This is pathetic for the Celtics, 2 straight losses, they really want to give up home field advantage in the playoffs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Nice wild shot made by Ig..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Great play by Iggy (unfortunately).  Second unit (with Ray and Nenad) had it going but the starters couldn't do their job.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Shot poorly all game...

Now we're an inch ahead of the Bulls and in danger of losing HCA to the Mavs & Lakers too....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Someone tell me why DOc put Pavlovic on Iguodala for that last defensive stand and he took Green out?   So what if Green was in foul trouble?  The game was almost over.   Sasha just gave him the right side and AI is right handed!   He basically gave him a basket.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

If its working why fix it.  If the 2nd unit got us back in then they should have stayed out there.  Oh well, they need to just buckle down and grit these type of games out.  There is no room for error from here on out. They do not want to fall to 2nd or 3rd place.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

nenad is impressive.. celts will figure it out... hey jeff green got another assist and drum roll... murphy got a hoop. wonder if green had that ASSIST!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonlova9. Show bostonlova9's posts

this is seriously getting frustrating. what the heck is wrong with them right now? 2 losses to teams we should have beaten. they better get this thing figured out come playoff time.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Its quite pathetic to watch them play, too many missed jumo shots, and no post play. Avery Bradley is bust.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics vs Sixers:
    [QUOTE]this is seriously getting frustrating. what the heck is wrong with them right now? 2 losses to teams we should have beaten. they better get this thing figured out come playoff time.
    Posted by bostonlova9[/QUOTE]

Yes, Its frustrating.  However, the team will play much better in the playoffs with the players coming back and with some rest for the starters.  The real issue is not will we figure it out for the playoffs but C's losing home court advantage in the meantime and making our road tougher in the playoffs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

The Big 3 are looking tired. Due to injuries, they've been playing major minutes all season and it's now taken it's effects on them.
        On the bright side, Krstic and Green are playing well. At least the Perk trade is looking good thus far.
        The C's gotta get Shaq, Baby and West back ASAP. The first unit needs to play fewer minutes and more depth is needed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]Someone tell me why DOc put Pavlovic on Iguodala for that last defensive stand and he took Green out?   So what if Green was in foul trouble?  The game was almost over.   Sasha just gave him the right side and AI is right handed!   He basically gave him a basket.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Our second unit was playing their second unit. Doc brought the starters back wehn they did.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Looks like the bulls are starting to pull away from Atlanta too. Not good.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Chicago is pulling away from the Hawks, so there goes the lead over them.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Pav guarded Ig to force him right... dont get it.. although the shot he made was a tough one

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Anyone remember last time Perk has 16 pts and 15 rebs?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Jallen, I think more than anything it's the careless passing and turnovers that drive me crazy.  Pierce, Allen, and Rondo seemed especially guilty tonight.  Ray going one on three on a fast break with two trailers only to get stuffed.  Sh!t like that.

There are certainly positives to talk about, though.  The play of Krstic (15 rebs), and Green (18 pts in 24 mins), and to a somewhat lesser extent Arroyo and Pavlovic has me encouraged.  If this team ever gets back to full strength (I'll take even just one O'Neal), they will be very hard to take down.  If the C's and Bulls square off in the conference finals, it should be a great series. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

Just as long the are not crying in the locker room. Games are getting tough to watch, think i'll take a break from watching games. Don't like what i'm seeing, not getting nervous, but team is playing like do do now. Got to get healthy and get this team back on the winning track again.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics vs Sixers : Our second unit was playing their second unit. Doc brought the starters back wehn they did.
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

No, man - I'm talking about the next to last play of the game when there were 30 seconds to go and the players were Green, Ray, Paul, Rondo, and KG.  Doc took Green out and put Sasha in and asked Sasha to guard AI.  AI dribbled the clock down and then proceeded to go right by Sasha on the right where his strong hand is.  Sasha didn't even TRY to make him go left.  AI hit the shot and that was the end of the game for us.

Why Sasha on their best player at the end?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

[QUOTE] Sasha just gave him the right side and AI is right handed!   He basically gave him a basket.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

That was terrible defense. Pavlovic had 2 opportunities:
    1) Go for the steal and give IG his weak side.
    2) Stay away and force him into a jumper.

Don`t they have a defense play book?

Anyway, overall defense was not the problem tonight. Our startes shooting horrible in the last 2 games.
    Without that Perk trade we would be dead in the water right know.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics vs Sixers : Can't remember which game earlier this week, but didn't Ray say he almost sat one game out because of a sore knee or leg (can't remember which).  Maybe he just has to be told to sit for a game or two.  I know it makes the bench a little thinner, but 2 - 11 just will not cut it either. On the positive side the play of Arroyo, Krstic and Green has to be a bright point.  Again, I didn't see the whole game but fromwhat I saw (and looking at the stats) they did well.  Maybe Delonte should be strictly Ray's backup with Arroyo handling the backup 1 spot. When I look at the bench contributions I get encouraged.  True the HCA would be nice all the way through but where they played game 7 last year pales in comparison to losing a double digit lead as a reason for blowing the series.  In fact they did have HCA...after game 2, and still couldn't hold it.  For now getting healthy and getting the rotation set trumps everything.
    Posted by jallen3531[/QUOTE]agree with the west/arroyo thing..

Sections
Shortcuts