Celtics vs. Sixers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: Celtics vs. Sixers

Brooks getting some pine time!! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

And the Celtics is supposed to have 10+ more wins than the Sixers this year?  I always felt the Sixers is going to be better.

And not saying the replacement will be better but no more Dickerson, that's encouraging.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

wow.... end of the 3rd. this is really hard to watch. jeez....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Brooks getting some pine time!! 

[/QUOTE]

Brooks and Fav are injured.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to scubber's comment:
    [QUOTE]

And the Celtics is supposed to have 10+ more wins than the Sixers this year?  I always felt the Sixers is going to be better.

And not saying the replacement will be better but no more Dickerson, that's encouraging.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was based on the assumption that the Celtics core from left from last year - Green, Bradley and Lee would be the key contributors.  So far those three stink in spades.

The only bright lights for the Celtics is Sully, who always seems to score points and grab rebounds in lmited minutes regardless of who is on the floor.  Fav also looks promising from the first game but he is injured so we need to hold judgement.  

I originally predicted a 28 win season.  Based on Green, Bradley and Lee performance, I now reduce to 25 games and the #2 or 3 pick. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Watching Cleveland and Orlando.  Irving is amazing.  Can do it all.  sigh...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was based on the assumption that the Celtics core from left from last year - Green, Bradley and Lee would be the key contributors.  So far those three stink in spades.

The only bright lights for the Celtics is Sully, who always seems to score points and grab rebounds in lmited minutes regardless of who is on the floor.  Fav also looks promising from the first game but he is injured so we need to hold judgement.  

I originally predicted a 28 win season.  Based on Green, Bradley and Lee performance, I now reduce to 25 games and the #2 or 3 pick. 

[/QUOTE]

Why #2 or 3?  Who knows how the ping pong balls will land?  The difference in chance between 1st pick and 2nd for the second worst record team is only about 1%.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Finally signs of life!!! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Sully 19 & 9!!! Big man is rolling!! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why #2 or 3?  Who knows how the ping pong balls will land?  The difference in chance between 1st pick and 2nd for the second worst record team is only about 1%.

[/QUOTE]

I meant record not pick.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Again, it looks like Pressey should be the main PG without Rondo.  Not saying he is a great player, but the flow of the game is much better with him at the point than the other 2 guys.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

> I meant record not pick.

Good, cause we are getting #1.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Dear NBA Gms.  

I am willing to trade Bradley, Lee and Green for peanuts.  We both know they stink and I won't try to foll you..again.  and I want to hear your ideas to trade for Bass, Brooks, Crawford, Wallace, Pressey, Hump and Rondo.  The rest you can have for free.. except the ONLY players I want to keep, from this pathetic team, entering next season, are Sully, Oly and Fav.  Thank you for your consideration and mercy.  

Signed,

Danny Ainge, Celtics GM.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wicksandrowe. Show wicksandrowe's posts

Again, these new guys  are at least fun to watch because of the authentic effort. Makes them endearing. Losing without effort makes you...well, a loser. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

[QUOTE]

Dear NBA Gms.  

I am willing to trade Bradley, Lee and Green for peanuts.  We both know they stink and I won't try to foll you..again.  and I want to hear your ideas to trade for Bass, Brooks, Crawford, Wallace, Pressey, Hump and Rondo.  The rest you can have for free.. except the ONLY players I want to keep, from this pathetic team, entering next season, are Sully, Oly and Fav.  Thank you for your consideration and mercy.  

Signed,

Danny Ainge, Celtics GM.  

[/QUOTE]

In other words, everyone is available, even though my evil twin said earlier that 3 of them are keepers. DA

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Deshawn Sims..who?...  enters game for the final 1 minute and scores 1 point less than Green, Bradley and Lee who played for 20+...

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Nice to see Sully with a 19/9 game. Very solid. Great hands.

Very, very nice to see him take a charge/block/hard hit and be able to get up off the floor without wincing.

He's a keeper.

Pud

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Again, Brad Stevens and the players will not tank.

Ainge did the tanking for them!

[/QUOTE]

Bingo!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

The draft can't get here quick enough.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Some Celtic fans are already ranting when what's happening now is expected.

HAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

Come on Fierce, I don't think anyone expected THIS to happen.  When I say "THIS", I'm referring to the veteran players who should be stepping up and showing much improved performance IN THE PRESEASON.  Why would AB, Lee, Bass and Green start out with such mediocre play when so much is riding on their performance this season?

As team leaders, they should be setting the example but that example is being set by guys like Pressey, Sully and Wallace.

You are sounding like Laker fans last preseason when they went winless while still proclaiming they'd win 72 games.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Nice to see Sully with a 19/9 game. Very solid. Great hands.

Very, very nice to see him take a charge/block/hard hit and be able to get up off the floor without wincing.

He's a keeper.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

1+.  Agree on Sully.  Suspect that Oly and Fav are keepers too.  Wallace is a baller, just a bit over-paid and a bit older.  Hump is also a good bench contributor, but I don't like him, and that's what counts!!.  The rest are dispensable.   

I want Detroit's Greg Monroe as our franchise center, who I believe will be THE breakout center this year.  Rondo AND Bass or Bradley (or take your pick of Celtics SGs) for Monroe (and whatever detritus makes it work).   and then we draft Smart or Exum to run the point.   

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts