Celtics vs. Wolves: Game Thread!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: Celtics vs. Wolves: Game Thread!

In response to BCSP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wolves shooting 40% from 3-point land! 9 of 22!

Cs shoot 15% from 3-point land! 3 of 20!

[/QUOTE]

I dont have the stats but I bet a lot of that is from Sully & Green, mostly from late shot clock situations.

AB and GW are shooting well from outside

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wolves shooting 40% from 3-point land! 9 of 22!

Cs shoot 15% from 3-point land! 3 of 20!

[/QUOTE]

Crawford isn't helping that, with his 5-6 feet behind the line shots.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

C'mon Cs!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

The Wolves 2nd unit should not be increasing thier lead! Effort boys!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I think we are starting to see (one of) the flaw of this team. We are too deep. Everyone has value but there just aren't enough minutes to go along.

Brooks for example .. he shows some good things offensively but he's burried behind Bradley, Lee, Crawford.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

Not showing any heart right now.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

I am guessing the Cs are trying to show case some players and develop some others! Tough to manage from a rotation stand point!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

The ball movement has stopped to.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

This will likely be the norm this season! Hard fought battle for 3 quarters - overmatched in the 4th!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

C's getting schooled..... Oh well... COME ON DRAFT!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to DrBoogiebone's comment:

C's getting schooled..... Oh well... COME ON DRAFT!!!!

+ 1

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

........ Maybe som Edy's icecream will cheer me up. Montreal seemed very appreciative.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

well thats expected.

This is the difference between a team with three allstars and a team with none!

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

Crawford a no show. Kelly limited playing time. Lee ineffective (go figure). No defense(as usual). And we couldn't buy a 3pt shot tonight. I think tonights game would be good film for them to study though, as for what worked and what didn't. Much better ball movement in the 2nd 1/2. They just stopped playing at the 5 minute mark in the 4th.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

No go to guy, no 3-point shooters, and no rim protector = 

OR

OR

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

BCSP

Don't rule out the possibility of Ainge having 2 picks in the top 5!

[/QUOTE]

You are right! Post revised!

No go to guy, no 3-point shooters, and no rim protector = 

AND / OR

AND / OR

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Celts giving up way too many points.

Defense will be the main problem of the Celts this season.

Using 6-9 or 6-8 players at Center just won't work in the NBA.

Fierce...you've made this comment "Using 6-9 or 6-8 players at Center just won't work in the NBA." in quite a few posts. It does work for Miami but no one else has a 6'8" LeBron and it worked for us in the Dave Cowens days. But, not now, and we really haven't had a big man banger since Perkins left. KG was wirey & muscular & a good rebounder but his best skill was at PF hitting 5, 10, 15 ft jump shots. And the fact that we didn't have a big man was why we were always close to last in rebounding & needed shoot 45-50% to compensate. We were in fact a 3 pt shooting team the last few years and infrequently, PP would drive to the basket, Rondo too but got hurt, and JG occasionally buit as we didn't have a big man to pass the ball to under the basket, we lived and died(mostly) shooting from the outside.  So, and I respect your opinion, how do we get a competent Big Man...you'll recall last year the talks that the only way was to trade Rondo. Thus, I think we need hope we can pick up one/two in the next couple of drafts.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

The lack of a rim defender and 3pt threat are the 2 biggest Celtics  problems.....

A guy like Channing Frye with his 7 Ft length and wingspan would give the Celtics a legit shotblocker and decent rebounder/defender....AS WELL as providing the Celtics with one of the deadliest 3pt shoots in the NBA.....let's remember all of  Frye's 3pt'ers a couple of years ago from Steve Nash , I think Channing Fry would be the perfect big man to come in and protect the rim with his 7ft length , he is at least as good a rebounder as Bass and even KG at this point....

Channing Frye hit over 170 3pointers two seasons in a row...2009-2010, 2010-2011 , he shot 43% and 39% on his 3pt shots those seasons....guy is one of the top 5 3'pt threats in the entire NBA and he would fill 2 needs as a Celtic and give them valuable and affordable stability at C ....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

In response to DrBoogiebone's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Crawford a no show. Kelly limited playing time. Lee ineffective (go figure). No defense(as usual). And we couldn't buy a 3pt shot tonight. I think tonights game would be good film for them to study though, as for what worked and what didn't. Much better ball movement in the 2nd 1/2. They just stopped playing at the 5 minute mark.

The coach and the players will not tank.

Ainge did the tanking for them.

I mean Ainge made sure no matter what the coach and the players do, this current Celts team will be in the hunt for a top 5 pick in the 2014 Draft.

[/QUOTE]

Call me crazy but I see this team winning more games than last season (41+)......I don't think the roster is set either. With the amount of draft assets , the Celtics can offer close to their whole stack of #1's to move into the top 5 to get a franchise player.... look what Utah did to get Trey Burke in this year's draft , 2 #1's got then the #8 spot and Trey Burke , I trust Ainge to use the picks and the $10.3M trade exception to make the Celtics big time players on draft night...

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts