Celtics waive Joseph and Varnado

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

Re: Celtics waive Joseph and Varnado

all that happen here today is we didn't want to guarantee 2 players money...

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to concord27's comment:

I hate this trade.

Come on, we're getting Cousins, a franchise player!

I agree but we can't take the teeth out of the team. Sully and Melo , two first round picks, and Terry would work for me. We need Bradley and Lee.  Notice Bass in not in this trade.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

That is not a good trade for the Celtics.  You don't give up Avery, Sully and two #1's for Cousins.  Great talent but a loose canon.  Future is brighter with Avery and Sully than Cousins.  This town will screw with Cousins head and he will snap in less than a year.  He doesn't have a good head on his shoulder.  Give up one of Sully or Bradley and mix in another player but not both these young talents.  You see how this team in the last two games have rallied around Bradley's defense.

Then you have apparently the Lakers holding this up and all they give up is an aging Gasol that everyone knows they are looking to move.  Don't buy it.  Trade may work but anyone could look at contracts and make up trades that look good on paper to get league sources talking.

Kings make out huge in this deal!  Two great young talent and two first to go with the two they have so they'll have four in the next two years.  Plus two Veterans in Gasol and Terry to get them through the next couple years.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Nothing on DCs twitter account:

https://mobile.twitter.com/boogiecousins

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Bradley is a small 2 guard, who has not shown much offense. Sully is a 4th to 5th starter on a good team, maybe. Cousins has all the tools to be a super star!!  Yoy don't win rings in this league without Super stars!!  If this deal happens to be for real, it's a no brainer, you make the trade!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

so assuming this is true, which is a big assumption, our future core would be rondo and cousins? i think i'd rather have a future core of rondo, bradley and sully, thankyouverymuch.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

You can't tell me Sully, Terry, Gasol and Green plus two 1st isn't value.  Makes sense to have Garcia who is a solid team player to come off the bench behind Pierce.  Then we get a "franchise player" as you say who is a loose canon.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

There are other players to fit in.  But leave off Bradley and you still have a ton of value.  For the huge risk you are taking.  Pull another player from the Lakers who would make out huge in this deal.  Ridding themselves of Gasols contract and picking up aclutch shooter in Thornton, a solid back up center, a solid back up point guard and the #2 player in college last year whom projects to be a solid Pro.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

In response to Accension13's comment:

There's an unsourced rumor of a trade between Lakers, celtics, and kings being close. 

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?p=24982917

Trade actually makes sense for all teams involved.  If true, I wish the c's could manage to get Evans too. And/Or,  find a way to keep Bradley

Breaking down that trade:

Celtics get Cousins and Garcia.

Lakers get Marcus Thornton, Chuck Hayes, Thomas Robinson, and Aaron Brooks.

Kings get Pau Gasol, Avery Bradley, Jason Terry, Sully, and 2 1st round picks.

That trade proposal works, by the way.

I don't understand why the Lakers would do it? I know gasol doesn't fit D'Antoni's style of play, but they wouldn't be getting much, or am i missing something?

Gasols trade value is very low right now I imagine.  I think he has knee and ankle problems.  Getting Brooks would be part of the reason.  Pretty good pt guard for when Nash breaks down.  Don't know much about their other guys.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to red2004sox's comment:

You can't tell me Sully, Terry, Gasol and Green plus two 1st isn't value.  Makes sense to have Garcia who is a solid team player to come off the bench behind Pierce.  Then we get a "franchise player" as you say who is a loose canon.

Green's salary is 8.385m.

It's not just about value, it's also about economics. Maybe the Kings don't want to absorb Green's contract.

Green to the Lakers makes more sense than anything for the Lakers.  He would fit in good in their system now,  where Gasol doesn't have a place.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

Of course there going to push the issue but Danny has to do his job and convince them other wise.  The Lakers need to bleed a little more in a deal like this.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to kaktug's comment:

so assuming this is true, which is a big assumption, our future core would be rondo and cousins? i think i'd rather have a future core of rondo, bradley and sully, thankyouverymuch.

Cousins is a franchise player, someone like KG or Duncan. 

The only reason why Cousins is available is because of his immaturity.

No.  The reason why Cousins is available is because he is a disruptive headcase.  Immaturity goes away with time.  Mental health issues are there for a lifetime.  I can only imagine Doc trying to deal with Cousins and Rondo interaction.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In response to kaktug's comment:

You got it!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Celtics cant roll the dice for the next 5-10 years on a cuckoo like Cousins... sorry, can only do that with a proven commodity...

Losing guys like Sully and AB and 2 first round picks makes no sense to me for a wild card like COusins.... gotta get a sure thing.

COusins puts the numbers up but hes a time bomb. Doc cant even handle Rondo just a little bit. When Cousins figures that out, he'll steamroll DOc.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhol. Show jhol's posts

This could be a great move for the C's. Let's not forget, Rondo and Cousins are buddies. Maybe if you put both these knuckleheads on the floor together....who knows??? THere is a lot of talk about not messing with chemistry, but lets not forget what happened to another famous Boston team in 2004. That team was like a scene from Cookoo's Nest and we all know how that story ended.

Sections
Shortcuts