Celtics want Beasley

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

Celtics want Beasley

The Lakers, also in dire need of a legitimate scoring threat at small forward, have genuine interest in Michael Beasley, but it’s doubtful they’ll use the $8.9 million trade exception (from Lamar Odom being shipped to Dallas) to acquire him because of the increased luxury tax consequences stemming from the new Collective Bargaining Agreement. Timberwolves coach Rick Adelman recently committed to boosting Derrick Williams’ minutes, making Beasley extraneous. Minnesota is pushing hard to relocate his $6.2 million expiring contract and have the Nets and Celtics leaning. New York Post

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: Celtics want Beasley

Ok, I'm game - give me a player, and I'll get him:

Ray to the Clips
    Foye and Gomes to the T-Wolves
    Beasley and Pekovic to BOS

OR straight up JON for Beasley - still leaves us short a big man, though!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

For the right price, Beasley could be an excellent addition to the C's. He is a player I had hoped the C's would pursue.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

i like him. bit of a headcase, but doc and kg will shape him up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

He is a Jacker,. and plays no defense and could check out at any minute...Yeah, sign me up!

Not!

Cmon Guys!  JJJ has more potential then Beasley who has bottomed out and will never reach his potential.

J.J.J. has a midrange game already and plays "D", just not a long distance shooter and who cares.

I want a BIG man who Controls the Paint! not Beasley or Ryan Anderson or any of those guys.

Now K.Lo,,....Thats a different story. 3 point Champion + a Beast on the Boards!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics want Beasley:
    For the right price, Beasley could be an excellent addition to the C's. He is a player I had hoped the C's would pursue.
    Posted by Accension13

+1 ...I have been a fan..he would look great in green for sure

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Ok, I'm game - give me a player, and I'll get him: Ray to the Clips Foye and Gomes to the T-Wolves Beasley and Pekovic to BOS OR straight up JON for Beasley - still leaves us short a big man, though!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

STEAL for Boston

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics want Beasley : STEAL for Boston
    Posted by rameakap

which one?  First one, I would imagine!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Pekovic has more value than Beasley

I would trade Ray for just him

but not Ray for just Beasley

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUWLhvW1mxQ&feature=related

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Beasley is the last guy I want to see in green.

A tweener and a headcase who doesn't defend...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

C's should not only try to get Beasley they should try to get Randolph too. Both of these guys just need to be put in a better situation. They could excel for Doc and the C's

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Why Beasley? Who sees a future with a guy who has been incomplete since he got in the league.  Won't happen.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

That pekovic is a brute...Randolph is intriguing

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hondorondo. Show hondorondo's posts

Acquiring Bradley is a lousy idea. There's a reason guys with his talent are available. Why should KG and others have to motivate one more guy. Bradley would be hanging with Marquis in no time and we would be no better off.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

In response to "Re: Celtics want Beasley":
    Why Beasley? Who sees a future with a guy who has been incomplete since he got in the league.  Won't happen. Posted by concord27
    To be fair about it, the guy has never been in a good environment since he has been in the NBA. He came to Miami when it was basically just d wade there. D wade to me is very much like iverson and Kobe. All three players are very hard to play along side as teammates because they dominate the ball so much with no concern for their other teammates. He got traded to minny which is basically a nba seller dweller.. He played well there last year in a losing environment, but it is what it is a losing environment. The guy has done a lot of stupid immature personal things, but he is young so that is somewhat expected. No one has ever said anything bad about him as a teammate. He has accepted whatever role they have given him in minny this year. He deserves an opportunity to start over in a culture that's all about winning. If he willing, KG and Doc can help him reach his potential.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Beasley had 27 points today against the Clips and was 3-3 from the 3 point line. He could be a good addition for us, especially when we have our droughts in scoring.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Stop talking about Beasly like he's Kwame Brown or Darko , he's better than both those guys and he's way better than Gregg Oden (yawn).

So he's not a franchise player , he's at least as good as Jeff Green was supposed to be, and he plays as big as Brandon Bass and is at least as good offensively

I like KG for Rashard Lewis and Jan Vesely

I like David Lee and Monta Ellis too

It's funny to think that only Avery Bradley, JuJuan John and E'Twan Moore are untouchable....

And I'd like something to happen sooner rather than later....

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Beasley is the last guy I want to see in green. A tweener and a headcase who doesn't defend...
    Posted by Gasthoerer

+2
    Our best lineup:
    Rondo, Odom, Beasley, Prozac, and Zoloft.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Ok, I'm game - give me a player, and I'll get him: Ray to the Clips Foye and Gomes to the T-Wolves Beasley and Pekovic to BOS OR straight up JON for Beasley - still leaves us short a big man, though!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

If you can honestly write "Beasley and Pekovic to Boston" then also write "still leaves us short a big man" then how can you have any credibility whatsoever?  Pekovi is a legit BIG... 13 points 7 boards 60% from the floor and almost 80% from the line and is widely viewed as the strongest man in the NBA.....  Pekovic is 26 years old and would come here and be the starting center for the next 10 years.... "still leaves short a big man though"..... what league are you watching?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

"+2
    Our best lineup:
    Rondo, Odom, Beasley, Prozac, and Zoloft. "

good one dude..

toast away the month of february in Boston sports history..
    never ending bummers

now whats up for march madness?

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Bye Ray or JO. Classic move to get young talent for and old guy. He is ultra talented but just a knucklehead. That is the risk you have to take. He has talent. No question.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Minnesota won't trade Pekovic. It would be monumentally foolish. Pekovic-Love-Milicic is a great frontline rotation for the T-Wolves.

Get Beasley. Add Odom. Trade Allen and filler (O'Neal/Wilcox/Dooling) for Ellis and Biedrins. Those three moves alone put the Celtics back in business. If the Rondo-Gasol swap can go through too, even better.

Sections
Shortcuts