Celtics want to trade Jeff Green......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Celtics want to trade Jeff Green......

Is anyone familiar with Sam Smith?  Seems he's affiliated with the Bulls.  He sounds pretty informed about alot of NBA news.

Why is he reporting the Celtics "want to trade Jeff Green"?  I saw it on Hoopshype and clicked the link to this article.

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/sam-smiths-nba-news-and-notes-01202014.html

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

Re: Celtics want to trade Jeff Green......

I'll be happy to have someone take him off our hands. Love Uncle Jeff but he is way too inconsistent and just looks plain lazy half the time. The other half he's missing his shots.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Is anyone familiar with Sam Smith?  Seems he's affiliated with the Bulls.  He sounds pretty informed about alot of NBA news.

Why is he reporting the Celtics "want to trade Jeff Green"?  I saw it on Hoopshype and clicked the link to this article.

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/sam-smiths-nba-news-and-notes-01202014.html

[/QUOTE]

Thanks Petey- I make that trade J. Green for Asik!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tripleb2066. Show tripleb2066's posts

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24415389/report-celtics-want-to-trade-jeff-green-extend-rondo

This is better than trading Rondo.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

We would be set at the PG, PF and C positions for years to come.  We could probably fill the SG or SF position in the draft (Smart, Parker or Wiggins) and, if we got lucky still, we could pick Embiid with the #1 - again, IF we got lucky.  We'd be in a great position.

I think Rondo, Sully, Asik and (Parker, Wiggins, Smart) would be a good building block for our future.  It would definitely be bright.

I'm more excited about the prospect of trading Green than anybody at this point.

I think it's safe to say OKC kicked our butts in the Perkins for Green trade deal overall.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

It'll be good, if gw is included.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I want one of the Blue Devils........Parker or Hood!

Although Randle is a stud!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

embiid and hood would be nice

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I want one of the Blue Devils........Parker or Hood!

Although Randle is a stud!

[/QUOTE] Only thing wrong with Randle is, he's 6'8" with chort arms.  We would have T-Rex and Alligator arms on the same team.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tripleb2066. Show tripleb2066's posts

What is the deal with banning regular non swear words? Is this a joke?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

[QUOTE]

We would be set at the PG, PF and C positions for years to come.  We could probably fill the SG or SF position in the draft (Smart, Parker or Wiggins) and, if we got lucky still, we could pick Embiid with the #1 - again, IF we got lucky.  We'd be in a great position.

I think Rondo, Sully, Asik and (Parker, Wiggins, Smart) would be a good building block for our future.  It would definitely be bright.

I'm more excited about the prospect of trading Green than anybody at this point.

I think it's safe to say OKC kicked our butts in the Perkins for Green trade deal overall.

[/QUOTE]

Huh?  Do you follow professional basketball?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GAShamrock60. Show GAShamrock60's posts

Have you been watching Perk the last 2 years. Green might be inconsistent but Perk is bad all of the time!!!

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

More executives think the Celtics want to trade Jeff Green. They’re probably trying to persuade someone to take Gerald Wallace along with Green, though many figure they’ll eventually move Green. A nice exchange could be for Omer Asik, giving the Celtics a point guard/defensive center core to move forward with along with Jared Sullinger and Kelly Olynyk. And Houston could use Green as a stretch four scorer. NBA.com

Rumors tags Boston CelticsTradeGerald WallaceJeff Green 

- See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.3dq2PhVZ.dpuf

Asik for Jeff Green is a good trade for the Celts.

Celts will most likely draft a SF in the 2014 Draft anyway.

If the Celts can't get Embiid and Jabari then I'll be happy with Andrew Wiggins.

[/QUOTE]
    Wake up from your slumber kid you not getting any of those players unless DA has the nads to admit he is tanking the season after he trades Rondo, Green and Bass.  Enjoy!

mutt

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I want Embiid, Seldon and McDermott.

I'd absolutely trade Green and Bass right now to get 1 more draft pick and increase the value of our own pick.

Do that or find a way to get rid of Wallace.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

Thanks for the post Petey. I'm all for that trade, though it will leave a hole at SF.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

We seem to have a hole at SF on alternate nights anyway.

Folks relax, when I say OKC kicked our butts, I'm saying sooner or later, we won't even have Green and HE was the best player in the deal.  Perk is a bum and always has been but, at least, he's still with and will still be with OKC while we have nothing resulting from that trade just, what, two years ago.

Nate did very well in Chicago last year and is doing great in Denver and Perk is manning the post (although he's a bum) in OKC.  Seems we've given up any hope that Green can be more than he's been and that's a shame.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I think Ainge has given Green enough time to show if he can be a go-to guy. He had all of last season and the first part of this season and still hasn't stepped up.

I thought it was Doc holding him back but it's just Green's makeup. He just doesn't have a killer instinct to destroy his man. He's too passive.

Get what you can for him by the deadline and move on. Is he a better PF than he is a SF?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Jeff Green to Milwaukee for their 1st rounder this year?

They could have OKC east with Greek Freak and Green.

Starting lineup: Knight, Greak Freak, Green, Ilyasova and Sanders.

Plus our 2nd 1st rounder this year. Nice haul for Milwaukee.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

If the Celtics trade Jeff Green, they better get another SF in return, because they would be left with NO PLAYERS at that position !!

Wallace is no longer tradeable and he will not be on the team after this season.  He will likely be waived and the Celtics will be eating his salary over the next 5 years.

There is very little chance that Jeff gets traded before the draft and IMO unlikely he even gets traded after the draft - unless the Cetlcis land a high quality SF in FA, like Hayward AND another serviceable backup or get a Hayward AND draft another SF with their first pick - neither which is feasible given out other positional needs. 

Green will be on the roster beginning next season.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Replacing Green is not urgent. We are rebuilding Indiana Pacer style (or should be). That means player development over wins until we are ready to contend again.