Celtics want to trade Jeff Green......

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

Re: Celtics want to trade Jeff Green......

In response to DaCeltics' comment:

Jeff Green to Milwaukee for their 1st rounder this year?

They could have OKC east with Greek Freak and Green.

Starting lineup: Knight, Greak Freak, Green, Ilyasova and Sanders.

Plus our 2nd 1st rounder this year. Nice haul for Milwaukee.

milwaukee would never ever ever do that

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In response to myurkus' comment:

In response to DaCeltics' comment:

Jeff Green to Milwaukee for their 1st rounder this year?

They could have OKC east with Greek Freak and Green.

Starting lineup: Knight, Greak Freak, Green, Ilyasova and Sanders.

Plus our 2nd 1st rounder this year. Nice haul for Milwaukee.

milwaukee would never ever ever do that

Mayo off the bench doing his best James Harden impression.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:

We would be set at the PG, PF and C positions for years to come.  We could probably fill the SG or SF position in the draft (Smart, Parker or Wiggins) and, if we got lucky still, we could pick Embiid with the #1 - again, IF we got lucky.  We'd be in a great position.

I think Rondo, Sully, Asik and (Parker, Wiggins, Smart) would be a good building block for our future.  It would definitely be bright.

I'm more excited about the prospect of trading Green than anybody at this point.

I think it's safe to say OKC kicked our butts in the Perkins for Green trade deal overall.

Perkins is horrible. Green is average. Neither one of them matter much. I would trade Green for Asik. It helps for the future and it helps for the tank this year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

According to this Cleveland would be the team to get Green, it would be a three team trade with Houston. http://www.celticsblog.com/2013/12/23/5240692/nba-trade-rumor-celtics-and-rockets-still-talking-omer-asik

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

According to this Cleveland would be the team to get Green, it would be a three team trade with Houston. http://www.celticsblog.com/2013/12/23/5240692/nba-trade-rumor-celtics-and-rockets-still-talking-omer-asik

Nice article, but it's from 12/23, and we no longer have Lee.  Not saying it couldn't still happen, just won't be the Cavs.....they don't want to give up Varajeo!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

That was then but now they have Deng. Houston likes Ilyasova and for Bucks to trade him to Rockets then they'd need Green as a replacement. Sure, we can trade Green for Asik but then Houston couldn't flip Green for Ilyasova (post Dec trade rule). And if Bucks agree to send Ilyasova for Asik then they need to move Sanders.

You are correct.  I spaced out on Deng.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

That was then but now they have Deng. Houston likes Ilyasova and for Bucks to trade him to Rockets then they'd need Green as a replacement. Sure, we can trade Green for Asik but then Houston couldn't flip Green for Ilyasova (post Dec trade rule). And if Bucks agree to send Ilyasova for Asik then they need to move Sanders.

I thought you were going to type: Deng - I spaced out! Don't count Charlotte out - J. Green for M Kid G (a future pick and player to make $ work)! 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

I thought you were going to type: Deng - I spaced out! Don't count Charlotte out - J. Green for M Kid G (a future pick and player to make $ work)! 

Bass and Green for MKG and Ben Gordon works also!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheOriginalDfury13. Show TheOriginalDfury13's posts

Fbomb hows that Laker playoff run looking? Oh yeah.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

This is the real Jeff Green:  

This year:  15.8 PPG / 5 RPG / 1.5 APG   Last year Green averaged 12.8 PPG and the year before 9.8.  His career high with OKC was 16.2 PPG

He has never been a proficient passer nor rebounder.  His defense and overall shooting is decent.  

Overall he is statistically about average for all starting SF and his comparative salary of ~$9M is fair.  He is ranked 17th of all SFs playing 30+ MPG.

So Green is not the super star we were expecting to lead this team.  He never was. He never will be.  Green is a good player who was obtained to come off the bench for Pierce.  He isn't our go to player and is better suited to share minutes at SF than dominate a game.  Play him when he is on, and sit him when he is off.  

I keep Jeff Green and reset reasonable expectations for who he is and how he can help this team.  Remember, right now we have no other small forwards.  The time to trade Green is next year or the year after.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

This year:  15.8 PPG / 5 RPG / 1.5 APG   Last year Green averaged 12.8 PPG and the year before 9.8.  His career high with OKC was 16.2 PPG

He has never been a proficient passer nor rebounder.  His defense and overall shooting is decent.  

Overall he is statistically about average for all starting SF and his comparative salary of ~$9M is fair.  He is ranked 17th of all SFs playing 30+ MPG.

So Green is not the super star we were expecting to lead this team.  He never was. He never will be.  Green is a good player who was obtained to come off the bench for Pierce.  He isn't our go to player and is better suited to share minutes at SF than dominate a game.  Play him when he is on, and sit him when he is off.  

I keep Jeff Green and reset reasonable expectations for who he is and how he can help this team.  Remember, right now we have no other small forwards.  The time to trade Green is next year or the year after. 

Eldunker, I think you hit the nail on the head.  Everyone THOUGHT Jeff Green was something that he's not, a first option.

You're right, maybe we should just keep him and reset reasonable expectations.

My only question is can we afford to do that at roughly $9 million per year?  If we can, let's let it ride.  I like Green and if we all just accepted him for what he is, then we might be okay.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

We would be set at the PG, PF and C positions for years to come.  We could probably fill the SG or SF position in the draft (Smart, Parker or Wiggins) and, if we got lucky still, we could pick Embiid with the #1 - again, IF we got lucky.  We'd be in a great position.

I think Rondo, Sully, Asik and (Parker, Wiggins, Smart) would be a good building block for our future.  It would definitely be bright.

I'm more excited about the prospect of trading Green than anybody at this point.

I think it's safe to say OKC kicked our butts in the Perkins for Green trade deal overall.

Seems to me Perk has done absolutely zero for OKC and Jeff has produced points and defense for the Cs.   The fact that the C's are now a basement rebuilding team means we'd be even WORSE if perk were here and Green wasn't.  Imagine a C's team without Green but with Perk.  Big Slow footed non shooting Perk would give us ZERO.   I would agree with you when the trade was first made because danny REALLY hurt our chances of winning a championship that year.   We went from a big team to a team with no center (Shaq hurt, Semih traded, perk traded JON hurt).   After that season, however, Perk would have given us nothing.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Eldunker, I think you hit the nail on the head.  Everyone THOUGHT Jeff Green was something that he's not, a first option.

My only question is can we afford to do that at roughly $9 million per year?  If we can, let's let it ride.  I like Green and if we all just accepted him for what he is, then we might be okay.

No everyone, petey.   I know of at least 3 of us on this Board who kept preaching and preach now that Green is a very good 3rd option but has never been a first option.   Anyone who thought we could trade Kindrick Perkins and get a teams number one option who has never been an all star was just smoking something!   We got more athletic and a defender when Green got here (less his surgery year).  Problem is that by the time he got healthly we had an olde Pierce, Old KG, hurt Rondo, and No Ray.   In other words, jeff was NOT the savior for that mess!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:

he's also 2 years younger and averages 6 assists and 6 rebounds per game.

Yes, that's why he's gettting 11m per year and not 9m per year.

Prior to signing Jeff Green to an 8.8m per year deal, the Nets signed Gerald Wallace for 10m per year, and the Blazers gave Batum 11m per year.

Right now Jeff Green is not a liability.

But if the Celts can get good value for Green then why not?

+ 1.  Green is not our big problem.  We need a couple of superstars.  We are not going to be much without that.  The teams that win have the KG's Pierces, kobe's, Duncan's, Parkers, Lebrons, Durants, Wades Dirks, etc.   Danny is stockpiling assets to get that.   He has enough assets.   Package green with a draft choice or two and get a Love or a Counsins and I'm happy.  Otherwise, let's be patient and lose some games so we can get a good draft choice.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Im totally open to trading him. He is what he is always been a decent complimentary scorer. Hes a bargnani. Enticing offensive talent that can drop 20 some nights, but is usually good for only  a dozen. How many players after 5 years in the league all of a sudden become 20 ppg scorers? Jgreen has avgd 12-14 ppg for the last 5 years he has only improved by 1 ppg to 15 ppg. Not gonna cut it, epecially on a  team like this with litte other options and no rondo either. U figure with the useage increase alone he would have avgd 20 until rondo came back.  Only thing consistent about jgreen is his inconsistency.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

No everyone, petey.   I know of at least 3 of us on this Board who kept preaching and preach now that Green is a very good 3rd option but has never been a first option.   Anyone who thought we could trade Kindrick Perkins and get a teams number one option who has never been an all star was just smoking something!   We got more athletic and a defender when Green got here (less his surgery year).  Problem is that by the time he got healthly we had an olde Pierce, Old KG, hurt Rondo, and No Ray.   In other words, jeff was NOT the savior for that mess!

Celtsfan, I'm not saying Green was OKC's first option, but he could have been ours (like if we had gotten Harden instead).  Nobody thought the Celtics could trade Perk for any team's first option - you're right about that.

However, when you looked at how things were shaping up here, he was the heir apparent to lead this team with Pierce gone. Even showed some signs of that ability last year.  You're right, he wasn't OKC's first option but that doesn't mean he could not have fit in as ours regardless of him never being that before.

To that point, we were THIS close to actually getting exactly that had OKC traded Harden here.  Harden was OKC's 3rd option but he's now a good team, Houston's, 1st option and he's never been that before he got to Houston.

Had we been lucky enough to have gotten Harden, he would have done exactly what "many" (not everyone) envisioned Jeff Green to eventually become here (our 1st option).

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

We seem to have a hole at SF on alternate nights anyway.

Folks relax, when I say OKC kicked our butts, I'm saying sooner or later, we won't even have Green and HE was the best player in the deal.  Perk is a bum and always has been but, at least, he's still with and will still be with OKC while we have nothing resulting from that trade just, what, two years ago.

Nate did very well in Chicago last year and is doing great in Denver and Perk is manning the post (although he's a bum) in OKC.  Seems we've given up any hope that Green can be more than he's been and that's a shame.

Still Green out performed Perks and they will have what ever they get from Green, pretty good return on a player you didn't plan on signing.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ktronic. Show ktronic's posts

We seem to have a hole at SF on alternate nights anyway.

Folks relax, when I say OKC kicked our butts, I'm saying sooner or later, we won't even have Green and HE was the best player in the deal.  Perk is a bum and always has been but, at least, he's still with and will still be with OKC while we have nothing resulting from that trade just, what, two years ago.

Nate did very well in Chicago last year and is doing great in Denver and Perk is manning the post (although he's a bum) in OKC.  Seems we've given up any hope that Green can be more than he's been and that's a shame.

Huh?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

Is anyone familiar with Sam Smith?  Seems he's affiliated with the Bulls.  He sounds pretty informed about alot of NBA news.

Why is he reporting the Celtics "want to trade Jeff Green"?  I saw it on Hoopshype and clicked the link to this article.

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/sam-smiths-nba-news-and-notes-01202014.html

Oh, I thought she was the one that drove her kids in a lake.

Corey Brewer, Alexey Shved & a '14' 1st rounder for Green. Deal w/ it

Sections
Shortcuts