Celtics want to trade Jeff Green......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

Re: Celtics want to trade Jeff Green......

In response to TheOriginalDfury13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Fbomb hows that Laker playoff run looking? Oh yeah.

[/QUOTE]
    About as good as your Celtics season tickets that you crow about and the pair of binoculars you bring to watch the action in nosebleed seats.  I get a kick out of that Ace Ticket commercial every time I see it and I'm lovingly thinking of you carrying that HUGE pair of binoculars up the stairs on the way to your seats just to get a glimpse of the action....LMAO!  Thanks for playing! Missingteeth

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Petey62's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is the real Jeff Green:  

This year:  15.8 PPG / 5 RPG / 1.5 APG   Last year Green averaged 12.8 PPG and the year before 9.8.  His career high with OKC was 16.2 PPG

He has never been a proficient passer nor rebounder.  His defense and overall shooting is decent.  

Overall he is statistically about average for all starting SF and his comparative salary of ~$9M is fair.  He is ranked 17th of all SFs playing 30+ MPG.

So Green is not the super star we were expecting to lead this team.  He never was. He never will be.  Green is a good player who was obtained to come off the bench for Pierce.  He isn't our go to player and is better suited to share minutes at SF than dominate a game.  Play him when he is on, and sit him when he is off.  

I keep Jeff Green and reset reasonable expectations for who he is and how he can help this team.  Remember, right now we have no other small forwards.  The time to trade Green is next year or the year after. 

[/QUOTE]

Eldunker, I think you hit the nail on the head.  Everyone THOUGHT Jeff Green was something that he's not, a first option.

You're right, maybe we should just keep him and reset reasonable expectations.

My only question is can we afford to do that at roughly $9 million per year?  If we can, let's let it ride.  I like Green and if we all just accepted him for what he is, then we might be okay.

[/QUOTE]

No everyone, petey.   I know of at least 3 of us on this Board who kept preaching and preach now that Green is a very good 3rd option but has never been a first option.   Anyone who thought we could trade Kindrick Perkins and get a teams number one option who has never been an all star was just smoking something!   We got more athletic and a defender when Green got here (less his surgery year).  Problem is that by the time he got healthly we had an olde Pierce, Old KG, hurt Rondo, and No Ray.   In other words, jeff was NOT the savior for that mess!

[/QUOTE]

Celtsfan, I'm not saying Green was OKC's first option, but he could have been ours (like if we had gotten Harden instead).  Nobody thought the Celtics could trade Perk for any team's first option - you're right about that.

However, when you looked at how things were shaping up here, he was the heir apparent to lead this team with Pierce gone. Even showed some signs of that ability last year.  You're right, he wasn't OKC's first option but that doesn't mean he could not have fit in as ours regardless of him never being that before.

To that point, we were THIS close to actually getting exactly that had OKC traded Harden here.  Harden was OKC's 3rd option but he's now a good team, Houston's, 1st option and he's never been that before he got to Houston.

Had we been lucky enough to have gotten Harden, he would have done exactly what "many" (not everyone) envisioned Jeff Green to eventually become here (our 1st option).

[/QUOTE]

I understand your logic, but I don't agree, Petey.  There's just no way we're were going to give up Perk and get a player who would be OUR number 1 option.  There's a reason why OKC gave up their 4th option.  He was just never that player.  You or others may have thought he was a franchise player but OKC didn't, Danny didn't (which is why he's only paid $9m), many of us didn't, etc.  love you, man, but you simply had your expectations out of line.  

But, if Danny could take all those assets and get two superstars plus Rondo and Green, Danny would get my vote for a hall of fame GM.  Green would be our defensive stopper and 3rd offensive option like Manu Ginobli or Chris Bosh.  But, if Chris Bosh is expected to carry a team, your expectations would be out of line.   Green could be our Bosh.  That should be what we expect.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to fbombfury's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TheOriginalDfury13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Fbomb hows that Laker playoff run looking? Oh yeah.

[/QUOTE]
    About as good as your Celtics season tickets that you crow about and the pair of binoculars you bring to watch the action in nosebleed seats.  I get a kick out of that Ace Ticket commercial every time I see it and I'm lovingly thinking of you carrying that HUGE pair of binoculars up the stairs on the way to your seats just to get a glimpse of the action....LMAO!  Thanks for playing! Missingteeth

[/QUOTE]

Deflect, defer, project...........typical lakers fan.

Go for that 8th seed, man, when is kobe coming back??

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

I think I hear a school bell ringing.....now SCRAM!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

I think I hear a school bell ringing.....now SCRAM!

[/QUOTE]

Where are you, China?  It's 7:30 PM  - only idots who didn't finish high school would think there is a bell ringing........oh, sorry, man - that's your bell!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

Oh boy, here we go again with you STALKING BOARD MEMBERS!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

Oh boy, here we go again with you STALKING BOARD MEMBERS!

[/QUOTE]

No idea what you're talking about, son!