CELTICS WILL NOT MAKE IT TO THE FINALS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lalakerman. Show lalakerman's posts

CELTICS WILL NOT MAKE IT TO THE FINALS

Will you boston fans get it through your simple minds (P34).  The celtics are not  making the finals.  Because just like I predicted their interior defense stinks and their chemistry is not there since that stupid trade! Plus, now Rondo stinks(he is injured).  They can not fix it with 15 games left!
    For the rest of you that think Shaq is gonna save the day, he is done.  He was done three years ago. He cant jump and his defense involves fouling.  He wont even give you 20 min anymore!  And no way will he be able to defend Bynum without fouling him!  Perkins was your man.  Do yourselves a favor and get ready for baseball season!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: CELTICS WILL NOT MAKE IT TO THE FINALS

Perk didnt do much to defend Bynum last year when Andrew was hurt.

Lakers have other problems to worry about b4 thinking about the Celtics..Good chance you dont get out of the West... Spurs & Mavs too good and Kobe is over rated...  

Dont forget Phil Jacksons famous words from game 7 last year.."Kobe STOP SHOOTING!!"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: CELTICS WILL NOT MAKE IT TO THE FINALS:
    [QUOTE]Lakerman do you want to get banned from here? Keep it up. The Mods are leniant to a point. This is a Celtics Board.
    Posted by DFURY13[/QUOTE]

DFURY, do mods really ban posters from here?  I really never paid attention if anyone got booted....

I really dont mind the "trolls" as long as they dont try dominating all the space here... like constantly making  new threads or  posting to flood the forum.  Many of them just looking for a rise..wanting a reaction gives them satisfaction.. Still Im ok with it as long as it doesnt interfere too much.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

I think this thread is meant for me. lala specifically mentioned P34.

What's wrong, lala, you've got me under your skin?

HAHAHA!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

I don't think they're in as good a place as they were last season. But once the play-offs role around they may improve.

Mentally Boston has it over the Heat. The Bulls are playing very good basketball now, but will they beat Boston in 7 games in the Conference Finals? I can't say would happen that with certainty.

Injuries aside Boston will play Chicago to see who comes out of the East (famous last words?).

We've timed our run well this year, hit a grove after the All-Star break. Happy with our play, Spurs are still looking good and the Thunder may challenge. Still shocked about the Green trade!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

There's a good chance neither the LaLa's or the C's make the finals. Both teams have got there work cut out for them this year. Better check with Stern, don't think he wants both teams in the finals this season. The way the overall officiating has been in the NBA i would not put my money on the LaLa's or the Celtics.
     My prediction is Bulls and Spurs. Like to see Spurs and Celtics.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]There's a good chance neither the LaLa's or the C's make the finals. Both teams have got there work cut out for them this year. Better check with Stern, don't think he wants both teams in the finals this season. The way the overall officiating has been in the NBA i would not put my money on the LaLa's or the Celtics.  My prediction is Bulls and Spurs. Like to see Spurs and Celtics.
    Posted by vertmont[/QUOTE]

Good point..Stern will have alot to do with who makes it to the finals..

At least we know Orlando wont be there..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE]Orlando wont be there..
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

Why do you say that?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CELTICS WILL NOT MAKE IT TO THE FINALS : Why do you say that?
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]

SVG's remarks got him first place on David Sterns S*** list.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrue. Show mtrue's posts

It will be tough for either LA or Boston to make it to the finals - but it is also hard to predict that they WONT.  Since the trade for Green and Krstic the Boston low post has opened up.  Now the C's can run different players into the post - because all the other players on the floor can shoot from 15-20 feet.  KG is getting many more post ups and is very difficult to defend because of his length. The C's still defend better than anyone else in the league - with the possible exception of the Bulls.  Much remains to be played out - but the prediction that the Celts will not make the finals is very premature and seems to be predicated on wishful thinking rather than bsketball analysis.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

that is an excellent point......Stern is out of control in my opinion.....and the games are not officiated with integrity anymore....in my opinion.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

In Response to Re: CELTICS WILL NOT MAKE IT TO THE FINALS: Still shocked about the Green trade!  
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Yeah, the jury is still out.....my opinion is this:

Losing Perk took away a lot of defensive toughness and intimidation.....the Celtics rely on defense and team ball.....that said, when Perk has a good game the Celtics are in good shape....but when he has a bad game it is usually very ugly...bad hands, bad fouls.....with Krstic you get much better offense...the defense will suffer but his points can be the difference in a 3-4 point win/loss
    ...and based on what we've seen, over a 7 game series, the rebounds may look similar....the key is that Perk was not going to resign....so Danny made the move

the other part of this trade is a steal....do we want Nate for a few minutes a night? ...when he is good he looks great....and when he doesn't he really hurt the team....now we have a 6-9, 24 year old swingman that can get up 15-20 a night....he can run on the break and block shots...plays two positions...once he fits into his role we are much more versatile and a better offensive team...and he can play D

with West now back we have a solid three guys off the bench in Delonte, Baby, and Green....Shaq is 39 years old but he can at least clog the lane and bring some intimidation...our record in the games he played was excellent....

I guess we will wait and see...... 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Usually I respect RU's opinion, but I'm lost on how he (is it she?) can think that we were better last year than this year.  KG wasn't close to the same.  Paul was getting his knees drained.  Ray was in a slump.  Baby was just coming back from a thumb and Marquis was just a shadow.  Sheed was clanking 3pointers regularly.

Yet we were able to flip a switch in the playoffs and beat the "invincible" top rated Cavs, then had enough energy still to beat the defending ecf champs pretty easilly and finally got hammered by the refs in a predetermined game 7.  Imagine what will happen when we flip the switch this year.  Wait, we saw it last night.  Plus, our new guys will be more experienced with this team and plus hopefully we'll have at least one oneil.

I think there's no question we're much better this year, perk or no perk.  Plus, remember that perk was hobbled by late in the playoffs.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhol. Show jhol's posts

lalakerman makes a rather rediculous comment about Shaq being "done", and has been for three years. Apparently he has no idea what Shaq gave us this year when he was healthy. There is no reason to believe a player is done till he is just that: done playing. Go back to your LA boards where maybe you can find somebody that for whatever reason, agrees with you.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Unless KG gets hurt, it will be a Celtics Lakers finals.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Shaq is more important to us from a marketing point of view than his actual play.  As long as he's playing, stern will be licking his chops for a kobe/shaq rematch.  At some point shaq will start playing, and when he does you'll start hearing the analysts talking about their days together and how kobe has one more ring etc.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Duncan left the game the other night with a sprained ankle.

That may even make the Spurs vulerable for home court advantage.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Nah, they decided they have it wrapped up, so they're going to play up a tweak to give him some rest.  He's probably playing xbox live with shaq right now joking about seeing him in june.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Same could be said about the lakers. They will have a very tough road like we did last year. Spurs,mavs,thunder.
    This is why getting the number 1 seed is vital for the cs, so they dont have to beat both miami and chicago. If they get the 1 play the pacers, and then magic. While chicago and miami beat up on each other. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Lackerboy when we make it and the fakers are gone in the second round will you vow never to come back again? Bos v SA in finals Bos win in 6 write it down.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

RU is a classy and knowledgeable fan....she is always welcome on this board.....jofc as well, although he hasn't been around much this season...I also enjoy a little banter with Elias...he is a funny dude..now Martini and Qdaddy...? those two are a little out of control in my opinion....I do enjoy Celtic/Laker commentary as long as it is sound and rational..we can always agree to disagree if we have to......I really can't take Hollinger and his crazy scenarios....pure Laker lover posing as a rational sports columnist!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

If (big If) we get Shaq and a decent JO we have all the size we need and a vastly improved bench to compete for the title. If Shaq or JO come backs as shells the Perk trade, becomes a mistake and we have no chance. We shall see. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]I think this thread is meant for me. lala specifically mentioned P34. What's wrong, lala, you've got me under your skin? HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

I could ask you the same question, Frankie Valli!!!    

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

If  the  Celts  can  get  Rondo  and  the  O'Neals  back, it  will  be  another  Lakers/Celtics  final.  A  Celtics/Bulls  conference  final  would  be  long  and  grueling.  And  if  the  O'Neals  are  back, the  Celtics  D  will  win  the  series, regardless  of  who  has  home  court  advantage.    I've  been  a  Celtic  fan  since  '59.  One  thing  I've  noticed  on  this  board  is  that  many  Celtic  fans  can't  look  at  the  Lakers  objectively.  And  many  on  this  board  resort  to  childish  namecalling  ( ie.  Fakers, Kome ).  The  Lakers  are  most  likely  coming  out  of  the  West.  If  the  Celts  are  healthy, it  will  be  another  classic  Celtics/Lakers  final.  I  predict  the  Celts  will  win  # 18.

Sections
Shortcuts