Celtics win next 3 games

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Celtics win next 3 games

It's been a crazy up and down season. Something tells me this team beats the Knicks, Hawks and HEAT. It's going to make us scratch our heads even more but this is who they are...they have to be doubted and pushed into a corner. They don't handle prosperity, the weak teams don't motivate them...the good teams bring out the competitiveness in them.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Re: Celtics win next 3 games

In response to Fierce34's comment:

It's going to make us scratch our heads even more 

We're going to scratch our heads even more if the Celtics lose all 3 and end up with a 7-game losing streak.

Celts will be lucky to go 1-2 in the next 3 games.

At the rate Pierce and KG are playing, the Celts don't have enough horsepower.

Pierce in particular has ben bad lately. I read on Celticslife, that in the  11 games in January, Pierce scored 15.9 ppg shooting 40 percent from the field. From the three-point line, Pierce shot an atrocious 32.8 percent.

Still the fan in me hopes. They have had a few games where they looked like world beaters. The Nets on Christmas Indiana, Atlanta, and New York during the streak. Here's to hoping (futile though ti may be) that those wern't just blips. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

No one drops off like Pierce did in one month.  Something is wrong with him.  Not saying he will ever be his old self, but the drop off is too significant not to be something wrong.  One day, we'll hear that something was wrong.   

The fan in me, jtkl, ALWAYS has hope.....but the realist in me has really lowered his expectations.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

No one drops off like Pierce did in one month.  Something is wrong with him.  Not saying he will ever be his old self, but the drop off is too significant not to be something wrong.  One day, we'll hear that something was wrong.   

The fan in me, jtkl, ALWAYS has hope.....but the realist in me has really lowered his expectations.

There's nothing wrong with Pierce. Notice how his FG% dropped significantly last season?

This season Pierce is only shooting 42.3% from the field. His lowest since the 2004 season.

Pierce never shot less than 45% in the new Big 3 era. It's just a case of Pierce got old.

Doc must make some kind of line-up change in these coming games. Green or Sullinger should start.  For the team to get out of its rut they need to change things around.  Winning all three games is a tall order but who knows. They are more likely to lose all three.

Rondo is as always the key, he could be filled with fire to hear his name in trade talks or go into a funk and lay down to a degree. This is where Rondo is the worst player to be in a leadership position. He needs to be led.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

i really dont believe that this is a matter of giving green more minutes. pp kg jet all need entire games off, if for nothing else than to stimulate situations where one or both incur injuries in a series. I'm not sure why doc doesn't play some games with out the vets.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

i really dont believe that this is a matter of giving green more minutes. pp kg jet all need entire games off, if for nothing else than to stimulate situations where one or both incur injuries in a series. I'm not sure why doc doesn't play some games with out the vets.

That may be the way to shake up the line-up then.  Rest KG, Pierce or both and play the others against Atlanta.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

In response to R9R's comment:

That may be the way to shake up the line-up then.  Rest KG, Pierce or both and play the others against Atlanta.

Definitely agree with both of you.  KG and Pierce haven't been very effective the last few games.  Starting Green may help and playing KG and Pierce limited minutes could result in a few wins for this team.