Celtics Winning History!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

Celtics Winning History!

I have never believed in such a thing considering I was not alive back in the 60's, and have never witnessed the celtics ever winning consistently except for a few years in the decade of the LAKERS. I also remember celtic fans chanting "MVP" for Kobe Bryant in 2007 though. Anyways, to learn more I visited a boston area nursing home and found out that the celtics really were half way decent back in the day. Laughing

this discussion is dedicated to Duke after his long rant that I read earlier

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Re: Celtics Winning History!

In Response to Celtics Winning History!:
    [QUOTE]I have never believed in such a thing considering I was not alive back in the 60's, and have never witnessed the celtics ever winning consistently. I do remember celtic fans chanting "MVP" for Kobe Braynt in 2007 though. Anyways, to learn more I visited a boston area nursing home and found out that the celtics really were half way decent back in the day. this discussion is dedicated to Duke after his long rant that I read earlier
    Posted by Tayshawn[/QUOTE]

Wasn't JFK around in those days and a coke cost a dime?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics Winning History!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Celtics Winning History! : Wasn't JFK around in those days and a coke cost a dime?
    Posted by Laker-Nation32[/QUOTE]

JFK yes, I think a coke was a nickel, though. Laughing

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

In Response to Celtics Winning History!:
    [QUOTE]I have never believed in such a thing considering I was not alive back in the 60's, and have never witnessed the celtics ever winning consistently except for a few years in the decade of the LAKERS. I also remember celtic fans chanting "MVP" for Kobe Bryant in 2007 though. Anyways, to learn more I visited a boston area nursing home and found out that the celtics really were half way decent back in the day. this discussion is dedicated to Duke after his long rant that I read earlier

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics Winning History! : JFK yes, I think a coke was a nickel, though.

Oops my bad, a nickel it is!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics Winning History! : Oops my bad, a nickel it is!
    Posted by Laker-Nation32[/QUOTE]

You could be right though, as the guy at the nursing home did have Alzeimers.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

ok....thanks for the tribute.....haha.......I realize that you are much younger and being a Laker fan has been great for you...but you need to see both sides....like long time Yankee fans that had to go through a long and rough stretch, they could look to their storied history and smile....I am lucky enough to have been alive for all of the Celtic titles, unlike a majority of Yankee fans.....Laker fans point out the fact that their team has been to more Finals series....and they are correct.....but consider two things....

The St Louis Hawks were the best team in the Western Conference.....they split back to back championships with the Celtics in the late '50's.....then a funny thing happened....the league expanded and the Hawks were moved to the Eastern Conference....so now the Celtics had beat out the Hawks in order to get to the finals....the Lakers lost their toughest competition....which opened the way to six finals appearances....of course they lost to Boston each time... had the Hawks remained in the West, the Lakers would've had a much tougher time getting there....same in the '80's which was referred to as the era of the Big Four (you can look it up).....the majority of the power was housed in the East (Boston, Philly, Milwaukee.....with Detroit taking Milwaukee's place in the late '80's)....simply put, the road to the finals was much easier for the Lakers, who came into the finals rested and ready....not so for the Celts & Sixers...the physical play of the East was punishing and these two teams paid dearly for it (google Rambis & McHale for an example)...

I give the Lakers all the credit in the world for being great champions....being much older than you I get it that the Lakers have been on an incredible roll for a long time.......I was able to enjoy great basketball from the late '50's to the early '90's....who knows what the Celtics might have accomplished with a healthy Len Bias and Reggie Lewis...now they have been entertaining us with a nice four year run....frankly, at my age, I couldn't ask for much more from my team....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

[QUOTE]ok....thanks for the tribute.....haha.......I realize that you are much younger and being a Laker fan has been great for you...but you need to see both sides....like long time Yankee fans that had to go through a long and rough stretch, they could look to their storied history and smile....I am lucky enough to have been alive for all of the Celtic titles, unlike a majority of Yankee fans.....Laker fans point out the fact that their team has been to more Finals series....and they are correct.....but consider two things.... The St Louis Hawks were the best team in the Western Conference.....they split back to back championships with the Celtics in the late '50's.....then a funny thing happened....the league expanded and the Hawks were moved to the Eastern Conference....so now the Celtics had beat out the Hawks in order to get to the finals....the Lakers lost their toughest competition....which opened the way to six finals appearances....of course they lost to Boston each time... had the Hawks remained in the West, the Lakers would've had a much tougher time getting there....same in the '80's which was referred to as the era of the Big Four (you can look it up).....the majority of the power was housed in the East (Boston, Philly, Milwaukee.....with Detroit taking Milwaukee's place in the late '80's)....simply put, the road to the finals was much easier for the Lakers, who came into the finals rested and ready....not so for the Celts & Sixers...the physical play of the East was punishing and these two teams paid dearly for it (google Rambis & McHale for an example)... I give the Lakers all the credit in the world for being great champions....being much older than you I get it that the Lakers have been on an incredible roll for a long time.......I was able to enjoy great basketball from the late '50's to the early '90's....who knows what the Celtics might have accomplished with a healthy Len Bias and Reggie Lewis...now they have been entertaining us with a nice four year run....frankly, at my age, I couldn't ask for much more from my team....
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

Thanks Duke for the interesting tidbits. It sounds like you are a true Celtic fan, and I give you respect and credit for that. My first witnessed NBA Finals was in 1985, thus the discontent for anything celtic related.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I hear you.....and I get it.....the funny thing is that as an 8 year old I became a Laker fan (long story)...Elgin Baylor was my idol.....within a few years as I got more into sports I started following the Celtics (maybe I was actually a pre-teen bandwagon fan? ....I didn't think so at the time)....anyway I just became a huge Celtic fan....but for many many years I rooted for both teams since they were in different conferences...I'll admit that by the time they began playing each other in the Finals during the '60's I was rooting for Boston....but I still liked the Lakers (like today...I have been a life long Dodger fan...but I also love the Red Sox..if they play each other in the Series I would not have a favorite at this time in my life)...I only stopped rooting for LA when Chamberlain came aboard....I did not begin truly disliking the team until the Bird/Magic era.....the fans of both teams were becoming out of control and even some of my best friends (Laker fans) were becoming trolls..they annoyed the hell out of me!.....that is when my long time admiration for the Lakers was lost....it all came down to fan vs fan and it got really ugly.....that is one reason why I stay on this board only...I have huge respect for many Laker fans who come over with great posts....unfortunately, many posters are here to taunt...I don't like it....you seem like a good guy....and I can see you're a Laker fanatic....good for you....and good luck...at this point your team is playing lights out....my team looks bored....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

[QUOTE]I hear you.....and I get it.....the funny thing is that as an 8 year old I became a Laker fan (long story)...Elgin Baylor was my idol.....within a few years as I got more into sports I started following the Celtics (maybe I was actually a pre-teen bandwagon fan? ....I didn't think so at the time)....anyway I just became a huge Celtic fan....but for many many years I rooted for both teams since they were in different conferences...I'll admit that by the time they began playing each other in the Finals during the '60's I was rooting for Boston....but I still liked the Lakers (like today...I have been a life long Dodger fan...but I also love the Red Sox..if they play each other in the Series I would not have a favorite at this time in my life)...I only stopped rooting for LA when Chamberlain came aboard....I did not begin truly disliking the team until the Bird/Magic era.....the fans of both teams were becoming out of control and even some of my best friends (Laker fans) were becoming trolls..they annoyed the hell out of me!.....that is when my long time admiration for the Lakers was lost....it all came down to fan vs fan and it got really ugly.....that is one reason why I stay on this board only...I have huge respect for many Laker fans who come over with great posts....unfortunately, many posters are here to taunt...I don't like it....you seem like a good guy....and I can see you're a Laker fanatic....good for you....and good luck...at this point your team is playing lights out....my team looks bored....
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

There's only 1 team that can claim boredom and that's the Lakers. Finals the last 3 years and back to back champs has resulted in the Lakers being offhand with games this season. But now the big time is on us, the Lake Show has moved up a gear.

Boston won back in 08, got beat in the Finals last year. If that's enough to create boredom within the celtic camp, then their mentally weaker than I thought.

Sections
Shortcuts