Celtics won..but center trade still affects them

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rman0909. Show rman0909's posts

Celtics won..but center trade still affects them

I was impressed last night to see the Celtics of old but quite still it burns me up about what Danny did to this team with the trade.

Compare to what would have happened if Marquis have never gone down with the spinal injury.
    Celtic would be coming into the playoffs with 4 hard working centers (Perk, JON, Shaq, Erdan). Instead we have 2 (JON, Shaq). Krstic and Murph are ghosts.

The only half decent player now is Green. BB is just not who he is during the regular season and nothing like last year's playoffs, but he contribution would  be of some facor if we had the other 3 original centers (Perk, JON, Shaq) coming on the floor like an unstoppable middle force and throwing fouls like crazy

I am not saying that the Celtics don't have a chance to beat the Heat, but the starting 4 will put in so many minutes from here on out to the Finals ( if or when they make it) that like last year they will tire out to the end of the last 6 or 7 minutes just as they did in the last few minutes of Game 7 with the Fakers ( so glad they are down 3 games and good riddance to Phil Jackson!)

If the becnh can somehow revive once again the Celts can beat the Heat. The Heat have only LJames and Wade to carry them and make them better. Bosh is no Garnett. 

Celctics should have never been in this position when the trade happened. They were unfairly shorthanded but we are at this point now and IF we lose then Danny is forever to blame, but IF we win I still blame Danny for trading Perk but will have some sort of leniency toward him and show some gratitude to the bench for contributing & helping the starters win it all.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Celtics won..but center trade still affects them

YAWN

Jermaine has outplayed Perk in the playoffs

Green has played good defense on James in stretches and despite being passive and inconsistant is the type of wing we needed behind Paul/Ray... not Nate and wafer

Get over it

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Right on rameakap. Enough already about the Cs trades. Enough already about how many minutes the starters have to play to win. Those five can win. And if they have to play more minutes to keep winning so be it. If Doc subs better, and Shaq keeps improving and Green keeps getting better and West continues to play hard then all is good. JO is playing great. And he can actually shoot and catch. The times for would have should haves could have is over. This is the Celtic team now. And I think if they continue to play hard then good things will happen. GO Cs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Yea, let it go man..Look how "great" Perkins is doing in OKC...he has been a non factor in their second round series...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

Green is way better than marquis and jermaine is playing according to the expectations we had on him. Shaq looked very rusty but still scary yesterday, he kept lebron from penetrating and he may be coming after wade tomorrow!

The key to win this series as we saw last night is KG. If he can keep the scoring up it will open the floor for other players to shoot or penetrate. Bosh is SOFT!

GO CELTS!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

The Perkins trade was a partial gamble and a recognition that once Daniels went down the C's had no one behind Paul Pierce. And the road to the Finals was loaded with teams that had strong 3's and not strong 5's.

In fact the one team where having multiple bigs was so important just got swept.

To get to the conference finals the C's have to go through Melo and LeBron. This isn't rocket science...even though Green has been slow to fit into the C's system he gives them the length and athleticism to deal with those guys when Pierce is foul trouble or resting.

The Perk thing is getting old. Perk was/is a role player. I think the thing the C's miss the most his is ability to set picks though he always has drawn his share of fouls for moving picks. His hands are so bad and moves so poor teams regularly cheated on him when on defense.

The Daniels injury put the C's in a bind. They could bet on Jermaine, Shaq, Kristich and Baby at the 5 and picking up a guy who could play the 3 in addition to Wafer or go gamble on Perk (coming off of knee surgery and injured at time of the trade) Shaq, Jermaine and Baby and Von Wafer at the 3.

And as was pointed out in this thread was the minutes aren't quite what Perk would have given us, Jermaine actually has been better in many parts of the game during this playoff run than Kendrick would have been.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

JO in 21.7 mins has a pretty good PER of 12.5, mediocre for your 5th starter and very good for your 7th man. Joel Anthony was at 7.3 this season and 9.2 this playoffs in comparison.

Perk in 27.6 mins has a PER of 5.7......5.7!!!!!!

A contender should want all their starters or player who play 28+ mins to have PER's over 15. Any bench contributor should have over 8. Baby has been TERRIBLE this postseason and has a PER of 5.4. So Perk has been as bad as the guy we blame for much of the playoff futility in games 1 and 2.

JO is giving us 6 points, 5 rebounds and 2 blocks

Perk is giving OKC 4.6 points, 7 rebounds and .5 blocks..HALF a block a game? c'mon.

not to mention Perk's 40% FG/60% FT.... JO's 50%/87.5%

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoahJustin. Show NoahJustin's posts

What do you think our chances of resigning Green?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics won..but center trade still affects them:
    YAWN Jermaine has outplayed Perk in the playoffs Green has played good defense on James in stretches and despite being passive and inconsistant is the type of wing we needed behind Paul/Ray... not Nate and wafer Get over it
    Posted by rameakap

Nice Post. Perk is past tense. Let's talk about game 4.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

No Dwight Howard, Gasol, or Bynum in the 2011 playoffs. But Lebron, Deng, Joe Johnson, and Durant are still in the hunt. If we still had Perk would Perk be able to defend all those SFs still playing in the playoffs right now? Danny Ainge was right when he anticipated there will be no Dwight or Andrew Bynum in the postseason to face the Celts.
    Posted by Fiercest34

VERY true

and you forget the best forward out there right now... Dirk

Pierce (and Baby) cannot guard dirk, it'd be KG and Green on him if we faced the Mavs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

What do you think our chances of resigning Green?
    Posted by NoahJustin

If he wants 3 years 24 million... the chanes of keeping him are great

If he wants 5 years 50 million, like he aksed OKC for, then i say the chances are slim... but who else gives him that money?

4 years 36 million is prob fair. same 4 years Rondo is under contract, a couple million more than Perk got

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Certainly Perk could defend Joel Anthony, and keep him off the glass.

It is still too early to tell if it was a bad idea, or not, however, with the Lakers out of the picture, things are looking up.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Certainly Perk could defend Joel Anthony, and keep him off the glass. It is still too early to tell if it was a bad idea, or not, however, with the Lakers out of the picture, things are looking up.
    Posted by MinnesotaCelticsFan

Yes, well somehow Jermaine is more than outplaying Perk in these playoffs. I guess you can say it is b/c he is going against Turiaf and Anthony while Perk is up against Nene and Marc Gasol...

But Green brings some scoring punch off the bench and is athletic enough and tall enough to defend Melo/LBJ/Deng and guys like Durant/Dirk who loom later... makes him more important.

Just gotta BEAT THE HEAT!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

ram, I hope you are right.

Green has had his moments, however, so far, he has been inconsistant, and mostly unreliable. If he can turn things around and be valuable for multiple games, I will agree with you.

Until then, I with hold judgement.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

What Danny did was take a team that was nothing and built it into a championship team and annual playoff contender.  

Like everyone else, get over the Perk thing, JON is outplaying him in the playoffs. 

Monday night game is big. We need to take it, plain and simple. Doesn't matter how, we just need a win, a team win. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Pro,

I will get over it when the Cs win banner number 18. Until then his NBA unprecidented trade is open for debate. Until then, I remain open minded.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rman0909. Show rman0909's posts

No Dwight Howard, Gasol, or Bynum in the 2011 playoffs. But Lebron, Deng, Joe Johnson, and Durant are still in the hunt. If we still had Perk would Perk be able to defend all those SFs still playing in the playoffs right now? Danny Ainge was right when he anticipated there will be no Dwight or Andrew Bynum in the postseason to face the Celts.
    Posted by Fiercest34

When did Danny ever say that?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rman0909. Show rman0909's posts

Pro, I will get over it when the Cs win banner number 18. Until then his NBA unprecidented trade is open for debate. Until then, I remain open minded.
    Posted by MinnesotaCelticsFan

Amen to that! I'm with you all the way until Celtics win Banner 18. 

They STILL have to beat the HEAT, then Da Bulls, then either the Mavs or Wolves, so they are still 3 teams and at least 19 games to get to The championship trophy. Do they have the legs to get there? hard to say but it all comes down to how the bench will perform from here on out and right now I am very pessimistic after Dallas' bench scored 86 points today against the classless Lakers!! The entire lakers teams scored only 86 points.

Dallas rigth now has the best bench in the playoffs second to none. Scary!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rman0909. Show rman0909's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics won..but center trade still affects them : Wolves are in the playoffs?
    Posted by Fiercest34

Oops ...I meant Grizzlies.

Sections
Shortcuts