Celts 0-3 since Rondo return

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Re: Celts 0-3 since Rondo return

In response to billge's comment:

37 This is a serious question which I ponder from time to time'What percentage of high school female basketball players (no offense intended ladies) could schoot fouls better than Rondo?

That is interesting. I just looked up the stats of as local womans division 3 college and they s hoot 70 percent as a team.

I wonder how many high school girls could take Rondo in a fight?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhol. Show jhol's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

37 This is a serious question which I ponder from time to time'What percentage of high school female basketball players (no offense intended ladies) could schoot fouls better than Rondo?

That is interesting. I just looked up the stats of as local womans division 3 college and they s hoot 70 percent as a team.

37 -- you are responding as though those of us annoyed at Rondo's often negative impact at the end of games are over reacting! Seriously....be objective here

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to jhol's comment:

In response to 37stories' comment:

37 -- you are responding as though those of us annoyed at Rondo's often negative impact at the end of games are over reacting! Seriously....be objective here

I am being objective. I know that Rondo is playing horribly and that the team stinks with or without him.

That is about as objective as it gets.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhol. Show jhol's posts

sorry then.....I guess I misinterpreted what you said. I could have sworn you were being sarcastic  ----> "Rondo is the worst player ever! It is impossible for any team to ever win a game with him playing!"  

I don't think its impossible for any team to win with Rondo playing for them, but they best have a cush lead going into the final few minutes

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to jhol's comment:

sorry then.....I guess I misinterpreted what you said. I could have sworn you were being sarcastic.

I am being sarcastic about people acting like the team is losing because of Rondo.  It is funny.

He was horrible last night, but to act like the Celtics would have beaten the Heat on the road last night except for Rondo?

That is funny stuff.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

What could ole (too) big-hands net in return though?  (That was the scouting report on him in college, correct?  Rondo was a poor shooter because his hands were too big?  I bet Kevin Durant's hands are a lot smaller?)

I think if someone's generous enough to make us an offer for Rondo, we're all going to spend the following day crying about it on this thread.  Rondo and Wallace for Shump?  Then draft a PG completely pressing the reset button.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Enjoying a thread after a long time.  37, what about the male high school guards question?  I understand your focus on ladies though.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Rondo's current FT % of 25% is off the charts, grammer school, CYO 5th grade girls bad.      

But its more fair to compare his career FT % against comparative group averages.  

His 61.9 % career FT% puts him in the top 10 NBA worst of all time and the worst PG ever for players shooting over 1,300 of them.  For comparative purposes, you would have to compare Rondo not to boys and girls high schoolers (average 65%) but to Jr. High School players !!!

From top.basketball coaches web site:  Good free throw percentage is any percentage over 75%. The national (U.S.) average for high school boys and girls, for college men and women and for the NBA and WNBA is close to 70%. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhol. Show jhol's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Rondo's current FT % of 25% is off the charts, grammer school, CYO 5th grade girls bad.      

But its more fair to compare his career FT % against comparative group averages.  

His 61.9 % career FT% puts him in the top 10 NBA worst of all time and the worst PG ever for players shooting over 1,300 of them.  For comparative purposes, you would have to compare Rondo not to boys and girls high schoolers (average 65%) but to Jr. High School players !!!

From top.basketball coaches web site:  Good free throw percentage is any percentage over 75%. The national (U.S.) average for high school boys and girls, for college men and women and for the NBA and WNBA is close to 70%. 

Fair to say Rondo shoots 70% and we win 4-5 more games per year??? Yes/no??

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I think his overall poor s h@@ting (not just his free throws) costs the Celtics 6-8 losses in a season.

Because in addition to adding a few points to games from three throws that would have impacted the outcome, at the end of games the opposition just collapses and leaves Rondo out front alone daring him to s h@@t.  and what predictably happens is that he remains out front dribbling the ball away with nobody open until he throws up that desparation 3 point brick that never comes close.

Infuriating.  Normally you want your "best" players and team leaders on the floor with the ball in their hands at crunch time.... Rondo, on the otherhand, should not be in the game during the last 3 minutes if its close, because he is a proven liability.   

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:

Boston is 0-3 since benching Vitor FAverani. omg i'm such a genius. there's so many ways to spin the failures of a bad TEAM. 

This thread is about Rondo - you know, the guy you said was a top 5 PG in the league??

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

Boston is 0-3 since benching Vitor FAverani. omg i'm such a genius. there's so many ways to spin the failures of a bad TEAM. 

This thread is about Rondo - you know, the guy you said was a top 5 PG in the league??

it's also about the team record... and yes, Rondo is a top 5 PG... but why is Stevens benching Faverani when the team is 0-3 since his benching??? 

He likes to smell his seat post game

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

it's also about the team record... and yes, Rondo is a top 5 PG... but why is Stevens benching Faverani when the team is 0-3 since his benching??? 

Rondo is NOT a top 5 PG

Paul

Irving

Wall

Westbrook

Lillard - in no particular order are ALL PG's anyone would take over Rondo right now

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

Rondo is NOT a top 5 PG

Paul

Irving

Wall

Westbrook

Lillard - in no particular order are ALL PG's anyone would take over Rondo right now

And thereby instigating an allergic reaction from Kid Rondo

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Just so you know, Brad didn't bench Fav.

Mossad did.

Ask them.

Pud

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Rondo is NOT a top 5 PG

Paul

Irving

Wall

Westbrook

not anyone who knows the game of basketball Cool those are the only opinion i care about.

Want to take a poll?

It's YOUR opinion that's in the minority.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Celts were losing plenty before Rondo showed up. 

Anyone who thought Rondo was going to turn this team around doesn't understand his skill set. It doesn't mean he's a bad player. We'd be losing tons of games if we had Dwight Howard also. 

"Stevens played him in crunch time last night against the Heat....what a blunder!!"

Not at all - Rondo needs the playing time, we need the losses for our lottery position.

I know you're not saying that we could have beat the Heat last night if Rondo hadn't played - if so, that's ridiculous. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Rondo is NOT a top 5 PG

Paul

Irving

Wall

Westbrook

not anyone who knows the game of basketball Cool those are the only opinion i care about.

Want to take a poll?

It's YOUR opinion that's in the minority.

when it comes to sports, especially sports betting, you NEVER want to be on the side of the dumb majority. if you knew anything about sports (or life) then you would know that. 

First basketball, now life lessons. Wow, thanks!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

hedley, lots of folks here like rondo just fine, but find it tedious to be stating such time and time again. those that don't like rondo have no such issue and are more than happy to express their distaste over and over, the louder the better. your poll would bear this out. and it wouldn't mean diddly. you tell me that at 27 rondo's best ball is behind him and if he ever was top 3 or 5, he will not come close again. you like to be on record. let's get you on record.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to BaileyPowe's comment:

hedley, lots of folks here like rondo just fine, but find it tedious to be stating such time and time again. those that don't like rondo have no such issue and are more than happy to express their distaste over and over, the louder the better. your poll would bear this out. and it wouldn't mean diddly. you tell me that at 27 rondo's best ball is behind him and if he ever was top 3 or 5, he will not be again. let's get you on record for that.

His best ball is not behind him.  He was never a top  3 or 5, and, therefore, won't be in the future.

I LIKE Rondo.................and I actually want to get value for him if we trade him.  If we keep him, fine. 

But, I'm realistic enough to know that he is what he is......a non-shooting-pass-first-sometimes-great-sometimes-pouty player who may or may not even want to be here.

I think Bass and Rondo for Lin and Asik is a good deal. 

Let me ask you this - if it takes 3-4 years for us to rebuild....at 30 -31 years old, will Rondo's best ball be behind him by then?

Sections
Shortcuts