Celts & Lakers are "one and done"...!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Celts & Lakers are "one and done"...!!

well, another "barn burner" between two old rivals....with the emphasis on old...!!

I hate to say it (although most real fans already get it...)  .....these teams have many things in common...

*they are the two most popular and storied franchises in league history

*they both had two all star representatives this year

*they both have future Hall of Fame players on the rosters

*they played two very close games this year....Lakers won both so they have bragging rights

*both are coming off of embarrassing playoff losses last year

*both are "middle of the pack (at best) this year

*both will be first round losers....Celts have no chance against Miami or Chicago, and very little chance against Philly, Indy, or Atlanta...the Lakers have no chance against OKC and very little chance against San Antonio, the Clippers, or Memphis...

these teams are history as far as championship aspirations go....both are going through the rebuilding process....why else would we see trade rumors swirling around the likes of Rondo, Allen, Gasol, Bynum and the rest?....the league has caught up and passed our teams...it's time we all learn to deal with it folks....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

Re: Celts & Lakers are "one and done"...!!

Lakers are the most popular team in the NBA followed by Miami. I'm guessing Boston at best maybe 4-8th.

Lakers have two starters in the NBA. Boston got a reserve in and a second through an injury.

Boston is middle of the pack, the Lakers definitely have a chance to win.

The Lakers do have bragging rights....again.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

LA has no shot at a title, as both close games with Boston missing multiple players, has proven this season

At least the Celtics future looks brighter as even though both teams have only 1 young star LA's has knee issues that make other teams scared to trade value for him and the Celtics have all the cap space freedom LA will lack until Kobe retires

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Celts & Lakers are "one and done"...!!:
    [QUOTE]well, another "barn burner" between two old rivals....with the emphasis on old...!! I hate to say it (although most real fans already get it...)  .....these teams have many things in common... *they are the two most popular and storied franchises in league history *they both had two all star representatives this year *they both have future Hall of Fame players on the rosters *they played two very close games this year....Lakers won both so they have bragging rights *both are coming off of embarrassing playoff losses last year *both are "middle of the pack (at best) this year *both will be first round losers....Celts have no chance against Miami or Chicago, and very little chance against Philly, Indy, or Atlanta...the Lakers have no chance against OKC and very little chance against San Antonio, the Clippers, or Memphis... these teams are history as far as championship aspirations go....both are going through the rebuilding process....why else would we see trade rumors swirling around the likes of Rondo, Allen, Gasol, Bynum and the rest?....the league has caught up and passed our teams...it's time we all learn to deal with it folks....
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

Baseball season is right around the corner. 

I'm ready to go to greener pastures!

That's my way of coping.

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Celts & Lakers are "one and done"...!!:
    [QUOTE]Had the Cs won this game you would be saying they are legit contenders, now you want to put the Lakers on the Titanic with them. Duke, you are almost on the same buffoon level as Red-Russ.
    Posted by Lakerstroll[/QUOTE]

Son, you have serious issues!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]Had the Cs won this game you would be saying they are legit contenders, now you want to put the Lakers on the Titanic with them. Duke, you are almost on the same buffoon level as Red-Russ.
    Posted by Lakerstroll[/QUOTE]

Even if the Celtics won, they are not title contenders this year...........and if you think your team is..................YOU are the complete moron!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeemsToMe. Show SeemsToMe's posts

In Response to Celts & Lakers are "one and done"...!!:
    [QUOTE]well, another "barn burner" between two old rivals....with the emphasis on old...!! I hate to say it (although most real fans already get it...)  .....these teams have many things in common... *they are the two most popular and storied franchises in league history *they both had two all star representatives this year *they both have future Hall of Fame players on the rosters *they played two very close games this year....Lakers won both so they have bragging rights *both are coming off of embarrassing playoff losses last year *both are "middle of the pack (at best) this year *both will be first round losers....Celts have no chance against Miami or Chicago, and very little chance against Philly, Indy, or Atlanta...the Lakers have no chance against OKC and very little chance against San Antonio, the Clippers, or Memphis... these teams are history as far as championship aspirations go....both are going through the rebuilding process....why else would we see trade rumors swirling around the likes of Rondo, Allen, Gasol, Bynum and the rest?....the league has caught up and passed our teams...it's time we all learn to deal with it folks....
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

Duke

Do you mind if I join you out on the end of that limb? Although you never know for sure what is going to happen, I'm compelled to agree with you.
    Seems

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from datruthpp34. Show datruthpp34's posts

[QUOTE]Lakers are the most popular team in the NBA followed by Miami. I'm guessing Boston at best maybe 4-8th. Lakers have two starters in the NBA. Boston got a reserve in and a second through an injury. Boston is middle of the pack, the Lakers definitely have a chance to win. The Lakers do have bragging rights....again.
    Posted by Elven 32[/QUOTE]

DALLAS MAVERICKS SWEEP THE LOS ANGELS LAKERS 2011

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Hello Seems....sure man, c'mon out here with me....there's lots of room on this here limb....!!

D o o k .......(for all you Brooklyn fans....)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Ya know...my opinion on the following has nothing to do with the lakers & Cs not being championship calibre teams but other than Kobe, Bynum & Gasol there is not one other team member who could make the C team. whereas we have twice as many players the Lakers could use, Rondo, Ray, PP, KG, Bass, Petrus etc. BUT THIS ONLY PROVES WHAT WE ALREADY KNOW....BIG PEOPLE ARE MORE VALUABLE ! PLease no scathing remarks that I'm Sherlock Holmes as I know this has and is being mentioned on many posts but I get a personal satisfaction knowing we have more players better than theirs !!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobeceltickiller. Show kobeceltickiller's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celts & Lakers are "one and done"...!! : DALLAS MAVERICKS SWEEP THE LOS ANGELS LAKERS 2011
    Posted by datruthpp34[/QUOTE]

AT THE RATE THE MAVS ARE PLAYING THEY WILL NOT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS.  BUELLER, ANYONE HOME?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celts & Lakers are "one and done"...!! : AT THE RATE THE MAVS ARE PLAYING THEY WILL NOT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS.  BUELLER, ANYONE HOME?
    Posted by kobeceltickiller[/QUOTE]

Since both lakerstroll and kobeaintdaman are gone, I wonder which one you are??