Celts are missing only 2 ingredients

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rman0909. Show rman0909's posts

Celts are missing only 2 ingredients

C's need:

1. A younger legit 7 ft center (JON is going to get hurt and is 33yrs old)

2. A 6ft 9in PF off the bench who can score 18ppg & 7rpg (DWest was that player and JGreen is gone)

..C'mon, why do you think Danny was after West to trade JON?? They need scoring off the bench and don't have it anymore. If KG  goes down they would have had West for backup and he & Grenn combined 33ppg in scoring. Now that it is not happenin' it is a complete wash.

w/out these two they do not have a shot at Banner 18 this year and can kiss it goodbye!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

Re: Celts are missing only 2 ingredients

In Response to Celts are missing only 2 ingredients:
    C's need: 1. A younger legit 7 ft center (JON is going to get hurt and is 33yrs old) 2. A 6ft 9in PF off the bench who can score 18ppg & 7rpg (DWest was that player and JGreen is gone) w/out these two they do not have a shot at Banner 18 this year and can kiss it goodbye!!
    Posted by rman0909

Are you kidding?

In today's NBA you're going to have a hard time getting 18ppg if you're a bench player. In fact, the Celtics already have that PF off the bench that can score in double figures and grab 7 rebounds, his name is Brandon Bass.

A younger legit 7 ft. center is hard to find. You might as well just say the Celtics are not going to win a championship because there's no way the Celtics are going to find what you're looking for. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

There's a few young 7 footers who are still unsigned...the problem is they aren't really proven and may not be any better than the Steamer. One kid is Kryrylo Fesenko...he's built like a banger and looks to have some power near the basket. It's all from highlight reels, but he looks like he has some potential.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

C's need: 1. A younger legit 7 ft center (JON is going to get hurt and is 33yrs old) 2. A 6ft 9in PF off the bench who can score 18ppg & 7rpg (DWest was that player and JGreen is gone) ..C'mon, why do you think Danny was after West to trade JON?? They need scoring off the bench and don't have it anymore. If KG  goes down they would have had West for backup and he & Grenn combined 33ppg in scoring. Now that it is not happenin' it is a complete wash. w/out these two they do not have a shot at Banner 18 this year and can kiss it goodbye!!!
    Posted by rman0909

Definitely agree with you that the Celtics need a center, but it will only happen if they trade for someone.   They don't have the cap space to make many moves. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

In Response to Re: Celts are missing only 2 ingredients:
    In Response to Re: Celts are missing only 2 ingredients : Right now it's going to be KG and Bass in the last 5 minutes of a game. Is Fesenko better than Brandon Bass?
    Posted by Fiercest34

Fesenko is 7-1 Bass is 6-8...Bass is a solid player, but he's a PF not a Center. Is Fesenko better? I don't know, but we were talking about available 7 footers. He's a young kid who looks like he might have some skills, has some size, and isn't on another roster. I never said he'd be their go to guy, and i said what I saw was highlight reels.

As far as the C at the end of the game, it'll brobably be JO when he's healthy. I don't like Garnett at the 5.

And I also don't like Gasol as the 5. He's a guy who's better suited to playing the 4 with Bynum. That's my take anyway. He's not a guy you trade away Rondo for. That completely throws away the future. Gasol isn't a guy you build around (Memphis), he's a guy you add to a Kobe(LA and 2 rings).

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

If the C's trade Rondo and JO for Gasol who is the PG in Boston, and how are the C's any better off than the Lakers are now?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

You mean all we need is a quality, young 7 foot starting center and a PF coming off the bench putting up 18 pts & 7 rebs?  Geez, what are we waiting for??

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PuPirate. Show PuPirate's posts

In Response to Re: Celts are missing only 2 ingredients : Right now it's going to be KG and Bass in the last 5 minutes of a game. Is Fesenko better than Brandon Bass?
    Posted by Fiercest34

NO Fesenko is not a better PF than BAss But he's DEF a better C than Bass. I've seen him in many games and he's very explaosive, def a banger/intimidator, blocks shots, has a nice touch and let's jus say 'clear the way' when he goes up for the finish!!! I think he wants more than the veteran minimum however :( so its will be Steimsma for now which is not terrible.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Get used to this roster.  It might get tweaked at some point during the season, but it's not going to changed.
    My expectations for this team are not high, but I do remember the 2009-10 playoff run that took us to game 7 in the Finals.
    We've gotten a few bad breaks so far this year.
    We're due for some good luck.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

Because of his long arms, Bass is generously listed at 6'8". You can forget about him playing center, however. Baby could because he had the wide body and knew how to use it. Bass is a better player, but not as versatile.

So far, I don't like Dooling. Rondo is your fast break. Trade him and we might as well watch womens basketball.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

C's need: 1. A younger legit 7 ft center (JON is going to get hurt and is 33yrs old) 2. A 6ft 9in PF off the bench who can score 18ppg & 7rpg (DWest was that player and JGreen is gone) ..C'mon, why do you think Danny was after West to trade JON?? They need scoring off the bench and don't have it anymore. If KG  goes down they would have had West for backup and he & Grenn combined 33ppg in scoring. Now that it is not happenin' it is a complete wash. w/out these two they do not have a shot at Banner 18 this year and can kiss it goodbye!!!
    Posted by rman0909

HOW ABOUT ...THAABEET 7' 3" FROM CONN , RECENTLY WAIVED BY ROCKETS...

COULD KG & THE GUYS TOUGHEN HIM UP TO BE THE GUY..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Because of his long arms, Bass is generously listed at 6'8". You can forget about him playing center, however. Baby could because he had the wide body and knew how to use it. Bass is a better player, but not as versatile. So far, I don't like Dooling. Rondo is your fast break. Trade him and we might as well watch womens basketball.
    Posted by MrJohnnyMost

you are exactly right about Rondo, unless we came up with another PG that can create for other players.  Thats whats wrong with the second team now,  no one can get them a open shot and Pierce is about the only player that can create his own shot.  We lose Rondo and your offense probably goes down to 70 pts a game.  Dooling aint it brother.  There is a reason he plays somewhere else each year, and its not because he distributes the ball either.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PuPirate. Show PuPirate's posts

In Response to Re: Celts are missing only 2 ingredients : Overall Bass is better than Fesenko because Bass is more athletic and is a legit threat from 18 feet.  KG plays Center and Bass the PF is better than Fesenko at Center and KG at PF. Doc already said KG is going to play a lot of Center this year.
    Posted by Fiercest34

What Doc meant was for KG n Bass to finish the 4th qtr of game ala KG and Posey/Powe of 2007. With Fesenko we are talking depth to put in the middle of game ala KG/Perkins of the 2007 playoff run. Depth and insurance for JON. I was actually thinking the need someone of the bench that can make shots Posey/House type but Fesenko will def be an upgrade is what we are saying. Fesenko at 7'1" is an explosive athlete regardless if he is as athletic as bass. #Apples n Oranges

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9D2PQdRPiw

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

"Last season it was Baby and KG in crunch time agains the Heat in the playoffs."

yeah, and it was painful watching big baby try to play center. just plain painful. so we went home.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" Rondo and JO for Pau Gasol"

TERRIBLE trade. Pau is playing so soft, how can you even think like this? 

You realize too that Ainge is not just trying to win a title this year? He's building for the future, which is why the CP3 for Rondo thing made some sense. He won't trade Rondo for another Ben Gay stiffo, that includes Nash also. JO is playing almost as well as Pao right now, certainly defensively he is. Now if you want to talk Rondo for Bynum then it gets interesting! Having said that, the Lakes and Celts will never do a trade with one another so maybe it's time to move on to a slightly more realistic prospect

Sections
Shortcuts