Celt's are so soft

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from vegasredsox. Show vegasredsox's posts

Celt's are so soft

Face it people Danny got lucky when Kevin helped him win the title with garnett trade on his own he will run us down to the bottom he went from a power house defense to a soft team that gets pushed around thank god the world is supposed to end in 2012 because its going to get real bad in boston in a year or two when the big three are gone and we are relying on green and rondo what a joke. Thanks Danny boy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Celt's are so soft

Celtics soft? Power house defense?

HAHAHA!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The Celtics are trying to transition from a very defensive interior defense to a team that is going to make the opposition play more defense on the new additions that are threats to score.

They are doing this with five bench players out with injuries who were there before the trade.  This has made the transition impossible to judge.

The most troubling thing is that Deandre Jordan and Spencer Haas literally torched them with easy dunks and made them seem unable to defend the inside.

Shaq will certainly help, Jon will help, BBD will help, West will help, and Wafer will help but when will they get back?  This has not been determined and hangs over this team's chances to win a title this year.

I don't think we can act like it is a given that this will be able to solve this.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Murphy is so slow I don't know if he can get his hands on anyone to foul.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Hurry back, GLEN BIG BABY DAVIS, SHACK, JO, AND WEST.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

doesn't look like vegasredsox is going to add much value in this forum. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: Celt's are so soft:
    The Celtics are trying to transition from a very defensive interior defense to a team that is going to make the opposition play more defense on the new additions that are threats to score. They are doing this with five bench players out with injuries who were there before the trade.  This has made the transition impossible to judge. The most troubling thing is that Deandre Jordan and Spencer Haas literally torched them with easy dunks and made them seem unable to defend the inside. Shaq will certainly help, Jon will help, BBD will help, West will help, and Wafer will help but when will they get back?  This has not been determined and hangs over this team's chances to win a title this year. I don't think we can act like it is a given that this will be able to solve this.
    Posted by concord27

i'm not scared of our D being bad.  if you put a man b/t deandre and the rim, he can't do anything.  the problem the other night was there was one or two too many switches.

that sort of thing happens when mo williams is let loose for 28.  and a lot of gamble-happy D that forces a cover.

if you really looked at that game, deandre only earned 2 of his 8 dunks.  the rest were gifts.

i agree, krstic is not a shot blocker, but he's more mobile than perkins ever was on defense.  so you gain something over here and lose something over there.  but i think we're ahead of the game still yet at the center position so long as shak and davis are ready for the playoffs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Murphy is so slow I don't know if he can get his hands on anyone to foul.
    Posted by concord27

LOL!

I'm still hoping that ONE DAY, Murphy will show me why some posters were so excited about him.  I just don't see it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Celt's are so soft : LOL! I'm still hoping that ONE DAY, Murphy will show me why some posters were so excited about him.  I just don't see it.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

He's a stretch 4, the Celts didn't sign him to play defense. If he starts making 3s again then he has done his job.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Yes, that's what we need....another jump shooter from long range.  THAT'S a good reason to sign Murphy!   Wow.  I guess Arroyo, Sasha, Ray, Paul, KG, Krstic, West, and Wafer didn't make up enough jump shooters so we needed one more.  Hmmmmmm.

You think we need some interior defense and post up scoring, instead?  Maybe, just maybe, huh?????

Murphy was a wasted pickup.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Yes, that's what we need....another jump shooter from long range.  THAT'S a good reason to sign Murphy!   Wow.  I guess Arroyo, Sasha, Ray, Paul, KG, Krstic, West, and Wafer didn't make up enough jump shooters so we needed one more.  Hmmmmmm. You think we need some interior defense and post up scoring, instead?  Maybe, just maybe, huh????? Murphy was a wasted pickup.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

Besides Murphy who was available for interior defense and post-up scoring? The Celts got the best among the buy out players. Would you rather the Celts signed Earl Barron instead?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I would rather they brought up a big guy from the NBDL over Murphy.  At least a young guy could run (and I'm not talking about the lightweight guy that they had for 2 10 day contracts).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Or....I would rather have Semih instead of a 2nd round draft pick.   He would help in the interior when our big guys are out, tired, or in foul trouble.  Remember - to be a better choice, he doesn't have to be a star - just be stronger than Murphy.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Or....I would rather have Semih instead of a 2nd round draft pick.   He would help in the interior when our big guys are out, tired, or in foul trouble.  Remember - to be a better choice, he doesn't have to be a star - just be stronger than Murphy.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

It's too early to call Murphy a bust.

The disadvantage of signing young players from the NBDL is they're turnover prone. A guy like Murphy may not run as fast or jump as high but he will not turnover the ball over very often.

Sections
Shortcuts