Celts @ Cavs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Re: Celts @ Cavs

To paraphrase Yogi Berra.  Is this dejavu all over again?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Ball gets "stuck" with Paul again.  He's so good he should give it up and get it back.  But when he holds it too long, we have poor offense.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Celts @ Cavs:
    [QUOTE]To paraphrase Yogi Berra.  Is this dejavu all over again?
    Posted by breaktime[/QUOTE]

Nahhh, we're going to win this.  Doc will not go to the subs again.  He'll win or lose with the starters, except Bass.   Some minutes - Pietrus should be in.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Irvin eating us alive, again.  But, I still think the C's will win.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

wow this is pathetic...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Don't see the C's blowing 2 in a row

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cfaninla. Show cfaninla's posts

[QUOTE]Don't see the C's blowing 2 in a row

i do...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Celts win.  Ugly win but its a win.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cfaninla. Show cfaninla's posts

why do we keep letting this team hang with us?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Choke.   We tighten up and can't hit shots, can't dribble, and can't rebound when the other teams turns up the volume (energy).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

whew!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

We were 5-2 over the last 7 games
    Considering where we were 7 games ago, I  guess we should have some cause to be optimistic about the direction we're headed in.  We beat Orlando 2 straight and won both back to backs.
    Those games with Cleveland leave me scratching my head, tho.

Jan 20 Phoenix L
    Jan 22 Washington W
    Jan 23 Orlando W
    Jan 26 Orlando W
    Jan 27 Indiana W
    Jan 29 Cleveland L
    Jan 31 Cleveland W

Best case scenario 5-2 XXX
    Most likely scenario 4-3
    Blow it up scenario 2-5

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]why do we keep letting this team hang with us?
    Posted by cfaninla[/QUOTE]

Because Doc insists on playing old men like Ray 38 minutes and Paul 34 mins... so Pietrus gets only 18 mins and pulls down 5 rebounds....more than any starter!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celts @ Cavs : i do...
    Posted by cfaninla[/QUOTE]
    No you don't

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cfaninla. Show cfaninla's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celts @ Cavs : No you don't

i stand corrected....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I don't know if its right or wrong, but Doc is not going to have 1 or 2 of the Big 3 on the bench while Pietrus plays.  I think MP should play more minutes at the end, but I'm sure Doc is saying to himself:  "If I lose from now on, its going to be a loss with the bigger stars on the floor.  I won't lose again with one of them sitting unless he's fouled out or the game is out of reach".

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Ray has become a liability on defense. The best solution is to have him come off the bench. I hate to say that because he a is great player and a great person, but having him come off the bench seems a like a win/win for everyone.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]Ray has become a liability on defense. The best solution is to have him come off the bench. I hate to say that because he a is great player and a great person, but having him come off the bench seems a like a win/win for everyone.
    Posted by CelticFanLA[/QUOTE]
    100% correct but very unlikely it will happen.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celts @ Cavs : 100% correct but very unlikely it will happen.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]
    I've been saying this for 2 or 3 years now.  Scoring in the 4th quarter (and rebounding) are our two biggest liabilities.  A RA with some spring in his legs in the 4th might do something about the former.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

This board has become convinced that benching or getting rid of Ray Allen solves this team's problems.  What I see if a bad defensive player in Ray but that his man is not the one killing us every night.   Irvin was the culprit as well as Andy.  That problem is not on Ray.  And don't tell me Bradley or Bass or KG or JON was covering from Ray and that's why their man was killing us.  Sorry - Sessions got by Ray sometimes but the times that Andy was getting those rebounds and points had nothing to do with Ray's man.   It had something to do with our interior Defense and our bad rebounding.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Excuse my typos.  Should have proofread before posting.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

You may be right about RA. Of course it is hard to know for sure. My main issue is that we were playing great in those (now legendary) 4 games w/o Ray and Rondo, especially in the energy department. So why change? Integrate Ray back into things slowly and see how it goes. No, he immediately gets 35-40 mins/game at the expense of people playing well before. It makes no sense to me. Same thing willl happen when Rondo returns. If nothing else, that must be frustrating as heck for the players that did well in his absence.

Sections
Shortcuts