Celts fans you can't be that stupid

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from vegasredsox. Show vegasredsox's posts

Celts fans you can't be that stupid

First off Danny has to be fired asap, let me start by sayin I know you fans have some good knowledge about the team but everything that has been written saying Danny screwed us has been fought by you fans says we will be alright, Jeff green is the future, look it is simple, people are finding out year after year that you could have started a highschool point guard with the big three and you are going to look good, Rondo is not a great guard he is good but not one of the best. Our team is so soft they can't fight for rebounds anymore because some are just getting to old KG love ya but you cant jump no more kristic is a joke 7 foot and I could out rebound him and i am 5'8", they have lost the fight and our best players are 1 or 2 years away from retirement and god help us if they decide to stay on we will be screwed even longer, we are in big trouble! and please dont say big baby, rondo, kristic, green. and whoever else makes up a solid future for us because then I will loose what knowledge respect I would have had for you if you really know the game you know then that young team is a bottom 5 team in all of basketball for sure if you say no then you know nothing about basketball and you shoul get off this site.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

Re: Celts fans you can't be that stupid

In Response to Celts fans you can't be that stupid:
    First off Danny has to be fired asap, let me start by sayin I know you fans have some good knowledge about the team but everything that has been written saying Danny screwed us has been fought by you fans says we will be alright, Jeff green is the future, look it is simple, people are finding out year after year that you could have started a highschool point guard with the big three and you are going to look good, Rondo is not a great guard he is good but not one of the best. Our team is so soft they can't fight for rebounds anymore because some are just getting to old KG love ya but you cant jump no more kristic is a joke 7 foot and I could out rebound him and i am 5'8", they have lost the fight and our best players are 1 or 2 years away from retirement and god help us if they decide to stay on we will be screwed even longer, we are in big trouble! and please dont say big baby, rondo, kristic, green. and whoever else makes up a solid future for us because then I will loose what knowledge respect I would have had for you if you really know the game you know then that young team is a bottom 5 team in all of basketball for sure if you say no then you know nothing about basketball and you shoul get off this site.
    Posted by vegasredsox

I find it immensely laughable that people think if Perkins would have stayed,  we would have won the title. This would have been our bench no trades. Still two guys with zero offense threat ....Rondo and Perkins.....West, Shaq (questionable), Harangody(wouldn't have played) Erden(still hurt), Daniels (done), Wafer (still hurt) and Nate ( just getting back). Yep, that crew would have taken us to No.18.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from vegasredsox. Show vegasredsox's posts

Ok another fan that does not know a thing about the Celts, it was their defense that made them good not the offense we could care less about the offense thats what made the trade so bad we have no dddddddddddddddddddddd.  wakeup people how many times do you have to be told we lost toughness and defense we gained nothing......

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Yes but to get through teams like Orlando, Dallas, Chicago and LA you have to score. Rondo and Perk were liabilities on offense and it was 3 on 5 basketball. LA just doesn't cover Rondo period.

The problem is the C's have been playing without a legitimate C since the trade. Krstic has done well but he's better off the bench.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In Response to Re: Celts fans you can't be that stupid:
    Ok another fan that does not know a thing about the Celts, it was their defense that made them good not the offense we could care less about the offense thats what made the trade so bad we have no dddddddddddddddddddddd.  wakeup people how many times do you have to be told we lost toughness and defense we gained nothing......
    Posted by vegasredsox

WOW---I agree with you wholeheartedly !!!

In addition to  Sox beating Yankees yesterday, I immensely enjoyed the Thunder beating the Lakers.  Don't know which team I hate more, probably Lakers as I live in SF & have to watch them beat our Golden State Warriors & other west coast teams regularly.

With the thrashing by both the Bulls & Heat, I'm now, alas, believing that the losses to average teams too was no fluke. We have become just an average 500 team.  I do not wish as I've been an avid Celtic fan since Cousy/Sharman days to be the Prophet of Doom and a  Monday morning quarterback but I think we should have kept Perkins & gone after # 18 this year. I thought maybe we could do it just with JON but he ain't going to be our savior and the fairy ain't gonna wave her magic wand & turn us into a legitimate contender.  As we were floundering a few months ago, it was said we needed offense.   Barkley said awhile back, given the choice of having domination from a team in its backcourt or under the paint,  he would choose the key/hoop area. In the NCAA final, Butler made 9 threes and the UConns only one for 27-3 or +24 but Connecticut outscored Butler by an unthinkable 26-2 in the paint, + 24. I'm not professing to be Sherlock Holmes here but the difference  for the victory was in rebounds which was 53 UConn to 41. 

Mea Culpa opening old wounds but despite the Lakers' poor offense in Game #7, they won and it was their Offensive rebounds, 23 vs our 8 and Defensive 30 vs our 32 so they totaled 53 to our 40 or 13 more which did us in. Do you not think if we had Perkins for Game 7 we would have had more rebounds ? Their 23-8 or +15 offensive rebounds despite their poor shooting allowed 1-2 extra shots. Kobe, Gasol, Odom, Bynum, Artest, Fisher are not going to miss 2-3 in a row. Wouldn't we like Allen, Pierce & Garnett extra shots ? So, we lost Game #7 last year not only because of disparity in fouls but we were out rebounded and without Perk and only lost by 4 points. If a team can hit 50% outside the paint, there are only 1/2 as many rebounds to worry about. And we shot well in other games in the Laker series. I mean Allen broke the record for 3s in game 2 but in game 7 I think he only shot 3 for 14 or 21%. I mean just 1-2 more baskets & we'd have probably won & with extra rebounds, he'd have had the chance.

One of the reasons given for so many fouls was that we were tired and grabbing. The big 3 won 2 years before but in 2010 they were 2 years older. I'm hoping that 2010 was not their last hurrah. But now they are even one more year older so I would not have traded Perkins. Keep in mind we did not trade him because we acquired JON first & then Shaq. We got them because Perk was injured and recovering.  So, we could have kept ALL THREE !!! Jeff Green fine for the future but with big 3 now 3 years older than when we won, this was the year to go after # 18 with Perkins and we wouldn't have been so desperate worrying about the health of Shaq. Deal with Perk's contract after the title & if he left or we wished him to leave, start our rebuilding program & maybe go after Jeff Green for 2012.  How many more productive years do you think we have from the Big 3 ???

In yesterday's game it was deja vu again, the Heat , a team that was so poor in the paint earlier this season dominated us out-rebounding  the Celtics 42-26. The Celtics' 10 first-half rebounds were a season low for any Miami opponent this season. The Heat had 15 offensive rebounds. Boston had three. The Heat scored 44 points in the paint. Boston scored 26. To me the 6 week old question about how awful or awesome was the trade for Jeff Green that sent Perkins to the Thunder has been answered, having seen it play out since the trade as we are 9 and 11 and they are 12-3.

Read link which substantiated my opinion that we should have kept Perkins. 

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/kendrick-perkins-oklahoma-city-thunder-changing-balance-of-power-in-nba-041011

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Yes but to get through teams like Orlando, Dallas, Chicago and LA you have to score. Rondo and Perk were liabilities on offense and it was 3 on 5 basketball. LA just doesn't cover Rondo period. The problem is the C's have been playing without a legitimate C since the trade. Krstic has done well but he's better off the bench.
    Posted by BiasLewis

You don't if you stop the other team from scoring. Not to mention 79 points in miami is not scoring. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

Posted by vegasredsox

What lost us game 7 Offense or Defense?? What don't some of you get about rebounds created by break downs by our guards? Once a guard has been beaten a big is to step over to stop it. If they do, the guard beaten should dive down to take the other player. This is where the O rebounds come in because there is no block-off happening because our guards are not getting there for help and neither is the backside player, usually KG. It can't be explained anymore than that. If you chose not to buy it fine. It has zero to do with Perkins.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Celts fans you can't be that stupid:
    Posted by vegasredsox

by every metric, jeff Green gives up more points than he scores in his time on the floor. Now what happens to teams that do that? They lose. 

He is actually an okay defender at one position the three. But that means he can backup Pierce and that's it. When he plays the four he gets torched. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: Celts fans you can't be that stupid : What lost us game 7 Offense or Defense?? What don't some of you get about rebounds created by break downs by our guards? Once a guard has been beaten a big is to step over to stop it. If they do, the guard beaten should dive down to take the other player. This is where the O rebounds come in because there is no block-off happening because our guards are not getting there for help and neither is the backside player, usually KG. It can't be explained anymore than that. If you chose not to buy it fine. It has zero to do with Perkins.
    Posted by terrrapin

We lost game 7 because of rebounding and second chance points for the Lakers. So we traded a 6 10 center and good rebounder a way for a guy averaging 2-3 rebounds a game who plays defense so bad he gives up more points than to his man than he scores virtually every time he is in the game. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In Response to Celts fans you can't be that stupid :  I find it immensely laughable that people think if Perkins would have stayed,  we would have won the title. This would have been our bench no trades. Still two guys with zero offense threat ....Rondo and Perkins.....West, Shaq (questionable), Harangody(wouldn't have played) Erden(still hurt), Daniels (done), Wafer (still hurt) and Nate ( just getting back). Yep, that crew would have taken us to No.18.
    Posted by terrrapin

good post..I agree

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

To the OP vegaredsox:

Although the responses to your post have been cordial, most of us here in this forum would like to think that all perspectives and views are welcome and that we respect ALL OPINIONS here.   We have little tolerance to those arrogant, narrow minded and often misinformed posters, like you, who think they know it all and who delutionally believe that anyone who doesn't agree with them are "stupid".   Simply shows your ignorance. 

Go back to where ever you came from and preach your holier than thou intelerance there...and spend your time trying to figure out the red sox problems.   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Yes but to get through teams like Orlando, Dallas, Chicago and LA you have to score. Rondo and Perk were liabilities on offense and it was 3 on 5 basketball. LA just doesn't cover Rondo period. The problem is the C's have been playing without a legitimate C since the trade. Krstic has done well but he's better off the bench.
    Posted by BiasLewis

Its not just LA that does not cover Rondo, its every team now. Miami was doing the same thing. Unless Rondo can score, he is going to be a offensive liability.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Love Rondo.... just can't understand how he cannot shoot jumpers or free throws......  I mean I barely ball and I can out shoot him any day....  I could not shoot a free throw for 5 years and still shoot better with a day or two of practice.....  Why can't the C's find someone to help him?? Ray, hire Mark Price?, something..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from caesarthecat. Show caesarthecat's posts

after the perk trade we lost toughness and defense vs. improving b far the bench : do you miss the great contribution of robinson marquis and harangody ?
    the key is shaq, without him with jon and krstic we're clearly inadequate at center to compete for banner 18 - with him we're the best team in the league i think and, as far as at center position, we've traded an offensive liability for a smooth hand

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: Celts fans you can't be that stupid : Umm. Rondo has worked with Mark Price in offseasons before and there is zero chance you can out shoot Rondo even if you think you can even with how bad he shoots.
    Posted by tompenny

Free throws? Look I ain't trying to hate man.  I honestly think I could at very least challenge him.  To say zero chance is wrong, you don't know me and I said it with all honestly.  Put it this way at the very least, ok.  I would not be surprised at all if I did beat him.... I'd put money on it. Give me a few days and out of 100 free throws I think I hit more....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Love Rondo.... just can't understand how he cannot shoot jumpers or free throws......  I mean I barely ball and I can out shoot him any day....  I could not shoot a free throw for 5 years and still shoot better with a day or two of practice.....  Why can't the C's find someone to help him?? Ray, hire Mark Price?, something..
    Posted by Getzo

Rondo has enourmous hands. Like the kind Shaq does. It makes him a great ball handler, Rondo can actually (although he has yet to do it in a game.)palm/grab the ball off a dribble with one hand.

Like for a lot of big men that are poor shooters  though, his hands make it difficult to get good rotation on a shot.

He probably can eventually overcome this if he works realy hard. Michael Jordan also had enourmous hands and outside of free throw shooting rondo has somewhat improved. He actually shoots the midrange at a higher percentage than baby.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: Celts fans you can't be that stupid : Rondo has enourmous hands. Like the kind Shaq does. It makes him a great ball handler, Rondo can actually (although he has yet to do it in a game.)palm/grab the ball off a dribble with one hand. Like for a lot of big men that are poor shooters  though, his hands make it difficult to get good rotation on a shot. He probably can eventually overcome this if he works realy hard. Michael Jordan also had enourmous hands and outside of free throw shooting rondo has somewhat improved. He actually shoots the midrange at a higher percentage than baby.
    Posted by jtkl

I agree with this 100%.  Still , my point was I can beat him in a free throw competition.  I don't know his name, said I could never beat him.  I know I can.

In respect my point is completely irrellevant anyways, but stirred from the sake of arguement,I was trying to say I'm shocked he is not better. 

Sections
Shortcuts