Celts Get T.Zeller and Marcus Thornton

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

Re: Celts Get T.Zeller and Marcus Thornton

In response to FierceBrand's comment:

In response to BrandBreaker8's comment:

[QUOTE]

Like Love?

It happens.

Bottom line, he's a FA if he wants to be!

Love already announced he's opting out and not coming back to Minny next season.

But I haven't heard of any news regarding Big Al opting out.

[/QUOTE]

All that proves is that each player controls his own destiny. If Jefferson wants to retest the marketplace (and why wouldn't he with a new TV contract in two yrs expected to inflate salaries already having an impact now) he can be a FA if he wants.

You can put all the lipstick and eyeshadow you want on that pig you're cooking but when the meal is ready, you are still serving pork when the diners want prime rib.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

Bump ...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

[QUOTE]

Or you use them to entice another team to help you get some Love.

I now hope James goes back to MIA.........because then CLE is out of the Love-stakes.

Should then be between BOS, PHO and GSW........should be!

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

[/QUOTE]

PHO has Eric Bledsoe to offer.

Not to mention the Lakers' 2015 1st rounder.

[/QUOTE]

That pick is looking like gold. No Lebron, no Melo, maybe no Clark Kent Bazemore  or Jordan.  But they do have Kobester and bad back Nash. Should be fun times in Lala Land next year. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

A player option doesn't mean he's a free-agent until he decides to opt out.

Have you heard of any news of Big Al opting out?

[/QUOTE]

A player option means he has the option of being a free agent. Therefore, we can discuss Al Jefferson as being a FA possibility in the summer of 2015 all we want. It is quite clear you didn't know about the option in his contract when you attacked teejay.

Considering the crazy money being tossed around right now where Hayward and Parsons get 15 million a year I think it pretty ignorant to think Big Al will pass on 4 years 60+ million to opt in at one year 13.5.

So either you didn't know he could be a free agent (most likely) or you are clinging to a technicality that the market is clearly showing he will opt out of if he has another season similar to last year and stays healthy. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A player option means he has the option of being a free agent. Therefore, we can discuss Al Jefferson as being a FA possibility in the summer of 2015 all we want. It is quite clear you didn't know about the option in his contract when you attacked teejay.

Considering the crazy money being tossed around right now where Hayward and Parsons get 15 million a year I think it pretty ignorant to think Big Al will pass on 4 years 60+ million to opt in at one year 13.5.

So either you didn't know he could be a free agent (most likely) or you are clinging to a technicality that the market is clearly showing he will opt out of if he has another season similar to last year and stays healthy. 

[/QUOTE]

There are 2 things that make a player under contract a possible free-agent.

1. If he can opt out.

2. If there's a team option.

Until the player says he's opting out, like Kevin Love did, he's still under contract.

If money is the issue then the Hornets can offer him the most money.

And I never attacked teejay because it was wozzy who said Big Al will be a FA.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There are 2 things that make a player under contract a possible free-agent.

1. If he can opt out.

2. If there's a team option.

Until the player says he's opting out, like Kevin Love did, he's still under contract.

If money is the issue then the Hornets can offer him the most money.

And I never attacked teejay because it was wozzy who said Big Al will be a FA.

[/QUOTE]

Wozzy was responding to teejay's idea about Big Al, so in essence you attacked both people with your ignorant "how can we sign him if he is not a free agent?" drivel.

The 2013-14 season was filled with 'Top Free Agent' lists that included Melo, James, Bosh and Wade. Why? Because they all could opt out. 

Financially it makes even more sense for Big Al to opt out than for those guys. Yes the Hornets can still offer more money in the end b/c of a 5th year or larger raises on a max. But I don't think Al will be getting the same 5/105 max Aldridge will be getting, and as we've seen with Bosh teams like Houston can offer 4/86 to another team's free agent. If you think Big Al won't at least listen to offers from other teams who might be contenders then you don't know how the NBA works.