Celts Get T.Zeller and Marcus Thornton

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

Re: Celts Get T.Zeller and Marcus Thornton

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

Then, I don't think they can make an offer of just Wiggins for Love.  I think we can make a better offer..........but Flip won't trade him to us......

We'll see.

If the Celts don't get Love then this current Celtics team will look like a college team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to FierceBrand's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If Lebron signs with Cleveland, will the so-called die-hard Heat fans also sign with Cleveland?

HAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

burn!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

Kurt Helin @basketballtalk
    Report: Cavaliers talking to Ray Allen http://dlvr.it/6Gfkfn

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

Chris Mannix ✔ @ChrisMannixSI
    BOS wants Kevin Love, but could find itself in a dogfight with Cleveland, who still have a chip BOS can't match: No. 1 pick Andrew Wiggins.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

If Ray Allen goes to the Cavs with Lebron, Heat fans will know why Celtic fans called Ray "Traitor Ray".

HAHAHA

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

if love and lebron end up in cleveland, we can kiss the east goodbye for another 3-4 years. there's no way we can compete with a team like that. sucks if we're clearing the way for that to happen.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to kaktug's comment:

if love and lebron end up in cleveland, we can kiss the east goodbye for another 3-4 years. there's no way we can compete with a team like that. sucks if we're clearing the way for that to happen.

On the bright side, after 3-4 years, when Lebron gets old, it's the Celtics' turn to dominate the east.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Da's patience has paid off. Great use of that tpe before it expired. Zeller is a competent center. Finally!! He is young and under cheap control for the next 2 seasons. He can shoot it and can  flourish in the pick and pop with rondo. His defense is just average, but I love what he can do for our spacing. Thornton is a salary throw in, but once avgd 20ppg , very streaky player, but he can light it up from the outside.  (career 36% from 3). And we get a protected 1st from cleveland, which if they get lebron is prob a later 1st, but still an EXCELLENT HAUL.  I really like zeller on the offensive end,  thornton provides much needed shooting and a very nice expiring contract. Plus a late 1st rd pick all for something that was going to expire in a few days. Just an amazing move by da.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

On the bright side, after 3-4 years, when Lebron gets old, it's the Celtics' turn to dominate the east.

[/QUOTE]

maybe. unless another team surpasses us in the meantime. love and lebron together in cleveland will truly suck. we'll have lots of draft picks and young players but we won't be able to sniff anything more than a conference final for the foreseeable future.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

[QUOTE]

If Ray Allen goes to the Cavs with Lebron, Heat fans will know why Celtic fans called Ray "Traitor Ray".

HAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

I'll give that a HAHAHA too. Ray being Ray. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

At least the Cavs can't trade '15 and '17 first round pick.  Maybe s&t Verajao + Wiggins + '18 1st + fillers for Love?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Zellner a 7 footer too....I like the deal, more importantly if Ainge can't land Love this year, he'll be in line for a big time FA next season....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Did we even use the TPE?

[/QUOTE]

Just part of it.Still have close to 5millions left.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Pat Reilly says: Ba, ba.. but we just got Napier to play with you.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to NOISE's comment:

Zellner a 7 footer too....I like the deal, more importantly if Ainge can't land Love this year, he'll be in line for a big time FA next season....

True.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

The Cavs have to give up more to get Love and may not have it. They already gave up extra pieces in Jack and Zeller. Manny will want more than Wiggins.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to debrit's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kyceltic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Did we even use the TPE?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think Thornton + Zeller use the whole TPE.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to debrit's comment:

Celts used all of it.

Thornton = 8.6m

Zeller - 1.7m

Total - 10.3m

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

The Cavs have to give up more to get Love and may not have it. They already gave up extra pieces in Jack and Zeller. Manny will want more than Wiggins.

Wiggins trumps Sully or Oly.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

i would not give up love for just wiggins, but that's just me. we still have more assets to give up. like i said before, and not to beat a dead horse, but love and lebron together in cleveland spells trouble for us for a long time to come. i hope it does not happen.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

I understand that they used only part of trading exception.Looks like they still have almost 5 millions left for another deal.They have to use it by the 12th.Go celtics

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

If Love went to  Cleveland with Bron would they have to salary dump some guys like Tristan Thompson or Miles, Varajao ?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

i would not give up love for just wiggins, but that's just me. we still have more assets to give up. like i said before, and not to beat a dead horse, but love and lebron together in cleveland spells trouble for us for a long time to come. i hope it does not happen.

Andrew Wiggins and Dion Waiters for Kevin Love.

Deal?

HAHAHA

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

That's what I keep saying.  Wiggins can't be the only piece.  And, who would want to help CLE now?  It would be like helping the Heat!

If they get Love, and only give up Wiggins, there should be an investigation.

Our offer is superior to what they can offer without a third team.  Wiggins for Love?????  NO WAY!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

Sam Amico @SamAmicoFSO
    Source says Cavs also "pursuing a big." Won't give names, but hearing from other sources outside organization that "big" is Kevin Love.

Sections
Shortcuts