1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

Re: Celts Get T.Zeller and Marcus Thornton

so right now...

rondo pressey AB

AB thorton young

green wallace young

sully ko bass

zeller faverini ko

that is your 12 man roster.  3 more to stach...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

As good (or valuable) as Thornton or Zeller turn out to be, the real key to this deal is the 1st round pick. It is top 10 protected thru 2018, then no protection in 2019. Don't forget if Lebron signs with the cavs it's likely for 5 years with opt outs after years 3,4, or 5. If (when) he goes chasing another title elsewhere, the cavs will revert to being the cavs and that pick will be a top 5 pick. I say put that pick in your pocket (do NOT trade it) and forget about it til '18 or '19. Great trade DA!

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to fl+adam,'s comment:

so right now...

rondo pressey AB

AB thorton young

green wallace young

sully ko bass

zeller faverini ko

Don't forget Smart and Joel Anthony.

That's 14 players.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

so right now...

rondo pressey AB

AB thorton young

green wallace young

sully ko bass

zeller faverini ko

And Smart?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

so right now...

rondo pressey AB

AB thorton young

green wallace young

sully ko bass

zeller faverini ko

smart?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

PG - Rondo, Smart, Pressey

SG - AB, Thornton, Young

SF - Green, Wallace, Young

PF - Sully, KO, Bass

C - KO, Zeller, Fav, Anthony

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

As good (or valuable) as Thornton or Zeller turn out to be, the real key to this deal is the 1st round pick. It is top 10 protected thru 2018, then no protection in 2019. Don't forget if Lebron signs with the cavs it's likely for 5 years with opt outs after years 3,4, or 5. If (when) he goes chasing another title elsewhere, the cavs will revert to being the cavs and that pick will be a top 5 pick. I say put that pick in your pocket (do NOT trade it) and forget about it til '18 or '19. Great trade DA!

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

[object HTMLDivElement]

agreed - rumor has it LeBron is seeking a two year max deal to keep his options open.

This pick could be valuable down the road.

For the record, if James goes back to CLE, I hope Dan Gilbert calls Stern on the phone and thanks him for all those #1 picks...............

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to FierceBrand's comment:

PG - Rondo, Smart, Pressey

SG - AB, Thornton, Young

SF - Green, Wallace, Young

PF - Sully, KO, Bass

C - KO, Zeller, Fav, Anthony

You are forgetting Love?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to scubber's comment:

You are forgetting Love?

HAHAHA

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

In response to FierceBrand's comment:

so right now...

rondo pressey AB

AB thorton young

green wallace young

sully ko bass

zeller faverini ko

Don't forget Smart and Joel Anthony.

That's 14 players.

yup.  my bad.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from anguskahn. Show anguskahn's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

No.  It means it's a 2016 1st round, unless the Cavs are in the lottery.  They won't be.  So we will only get a 2016 1st round pick.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I'm glad the Cs helped facilitate this trade for the Cavs. Payback for the HEAT signing that turncoat Ray Allen sure is sweet. Hahaha

Now the Cavs are pursuing Miller and Ray Allen. Bron is going to walk into that meeting today and tell Riles I run this and by the way Dwade is going to the Bulls. 

The HEAT are headed for the lottery.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

And that's why Fierce is the man!!

You mean that is why Danny Ainge is the man? Or those of us here like myself who hoped the TPE would be put to good use and expected the C's to go over the cap (but stay under the tax line)?

Fierce expected the Celtics to allow the TPE to expire, not use it b/c the team was 'rebuilding' and to stay right around or under the salary cap line. 

Being banned for bad behavior and simply being the first to report something b/c this internet forum and scanning sites like hoopshype is your entire life is hardly reason to give that person pats on the back. Especially when the trade goes against what he predicted Danny would do. But to each their own.

DANNY AINGE is the man;-)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

Thornton is the biggest piece for the Celts in this trade. I believe DA moves RR within the next year. That leaves Smart and AB in the backcourt -  two defensive oriented guards with questionable outside shots. With Thornton added, the Celts backcourt gets some added offense. Thornton paired with Smart or AB is more than adequate. Most posters seem to over-value Zeller. He hasn't even averaged 7 ppg. and 5 rebounds per game. And clearly Zeller isn't going to protect the rim. He may be an adequate backup center at best.  The Celts need a legit big man who can protect the rim or at least a center who can give us 10 rebounds a night. Zeller gives us neither. The obvious key to the Celts long term success is what DA does with all those accumulated 1st round picks. And Ainge can deal Rondo and Green so he has multiple attractive trade options. I can easily see the Celts becoming one of the top 5 teams within 5 years.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

"Fierce expected the Celtics to allow the TPE to expire, not use it b/c the team was 'rebuilding' and to stay right around or under the salary cap line."

Really?

Can you show proof that I said that?

You already forgot how you and Mployee attacked me when I proposed using the TPE on Lin and the Rockets' 1st rounder?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

the thing I love the most about this trade is DA ability to once again get under Pat Riley's skin..the guy must now really hate DA!! ...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to zeitgeist49's comment:

Thornton is the biggest piece for the Celts in this trade. I believe DA moves RR within the next year. That leaves Smart and AB in the backcourt -  two defensive oriented guards with questionable outside shots. With Thornton added, the Celts backcourt gets some added offense. Thornton paired with Smart or AB is more than adequate. Most posters seem to over-value Zeller. He hasn't even averaged 7 ppg. and 5 rebounds per game. And clearly Zeller isn't going to protect the rim. He may be an adequate backup center at best.  The Celts need a legit big man who can protect the rim or at least a center who can give us 10 rebounds a night. Zeller gives us neither. The obvious key to the Celts long term success is what DA does with all those accumulated 1st round picks. And Ainge can deal Rondo and Green so he has multiple attractive trade options. I can easily see the Celts becoming one of the top 5 teams within 5 years.

Thornton can't be paired with AB, they play the same position.  Both are making a lot and I don't see both stay long term.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

Love this deal! And yes, it is yet another move that points to building through the Draft.  All these picks that we have will probably be used to move up in future drafts.  That Cleveland pick is top 10 protected but there is no way Cleveland will be that bad in '16.

Zeller is a perfect high upside guy to add as well.  Next move should be to trade Rondo/Bass for some more future potential!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

I think you undervalue Zeller.  His numbers aren't great, but look at his minutes.  If he plays more, and obviously improves, He could be a 15-10 guy.  We have to at least give him a chance.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Even if Cavs get Lebron and Love, SA still has to be the favorites.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Zeller vs. Hawes

Some here always liked Hawes.

Some bullied and ranted on and on that Hawes was not an Ainge kind of player. Looks like that crowd was wrong about the type of big DA was targeting.

In Zeller Danny got a more physical, still improving Spencer Hawes who produces the same (except he doesn't shoot 3's) at 1/3 of the cost!

Way to go Danny!

Zeller produced 13.7 points, 9.7 rebounds and 1.3 blocks per 36 minutes last year with a solid 15.4 PER (Hawes was 15.7) and a shot 54% from the field (Hawes 47%) AND is two years younger AND costs 1.7 and 2.6 million on his rookie deal before RFA where Hawes will cost 5-6 million a year. Wow!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to myurkus' comment:

I think you undervalue Zeller.  His numbers aren't great, but look at his minutes.  If he plays more, and obviously improves, He could be a 15-10 guy.  We have to at least give him a chance.

+1

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Zeller vs. Hawes

Some here always liked Hawes.

Some bullied and ranted on and on that Hawes was not an Ainge kind of player. Looks like that crowd was wrong about the type of big DA was targeting.

In Zeller Danny got a more physical, still improving Spencer Hawes who produces the same (except he doesn't shoot 3's) at 1/3 of the cost!

Way to go Danny!

Zeller produced 13.7 points, 9.7 rebounds and 1.3 blocks per 36 minutes last year with a solid 15.4 PER (Hawes was 15.7) and a shot 54% from the field (Hawes 47%) AND is two years younger AND costs 1.7 and 2.6 million on his rookie deal before RFA where Hawes will cost 5-6 million a year. Wow!

+1

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

If we miss out on Love we might as well wait for Durant in 2016 with all the picks. Durant was a Bird and Celtics fan growing up.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

And this, folks, is how Danny Ainge gives a big "eff-u" to Pat Riley and the Heat. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

June 17, 2008
    Boston 131
    L.A. Lakers 92

Sections
Shortcuts