Re: Celts Get T.Zeller and Marcus Thornton

In response to FierceBrand's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

[QUOTE]

It is worth it, now.

Rondo - Bradley - Green - Love  - Oly

Smart - Thornton - Young/Wallace - Sully - Zeller

That is is playoff team.  We may make it back to the playoffs before the lakers and every other team in the lottery.....except the Cavs.

[/QUOTE]

If the Celts still have Oly and Sully, who did you trade for Love?

[/QUOTE]

You need at least Sully or Oly (maybe both) and probably more players and 3 picks, otherwise it is very similar to the last deal they refuse.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

It's also premature to declare Tyler Zeller the starting Center.

Last time the Cavs and Celts met, Oly out played both Hawes and Zeller.

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?id=400490066" rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?id=400490066

[/QUOTE]

After being exposed as someone who predicted the TPE wouldn't be used, and being banned for bullying, you are now going to whine about 'premature' to throw out starting rotations? Pretty pathetic but that is the name of the game when it comes to you.

I am pumped about this trade and am having fun with my visions of the team as currently constructed.

I said the club is far from done, said Bass needs to go (Zeller gets HIS mins, not Olynyk's) and said Bogan's is still in play. 

Olynyk has more talent than Zeller. I like Olynyk off the bench as a versatile guy who can play both PF-C and be a match-up nightmare for whatever bench big the other team tries to cover him with. Zeller is more pure C and paint protector, and Sully more a pure PF and if those two start together you wouldn't have two bigs inclined to take three's the way we saw with KO and Sully.

Remember, McHale was a 6th man for FIVE years and even though Parish and Max were more talented than Zeller and Sully, those two were not more talented than McHale. But still, Kevin was the 6th man. So should be Olynyk.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

rame

You just confirmed that I made a trade proposal for Lin and the Rockets' 1st rounder for the Celts' TPE.

So how could I have said the TPE wouldn't be used if you yourself confirmed I made a trade proposal involving the TPE.

Contradiction?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

You do realize that even with the addition of Thornton and Zeller, the Celts just have 70.1m in total guaranteed salaries.

Bass' salary is 6.9m.

70.1m - 6.9m = 63.2m

Celts are just a contract away from being a team not over the cap.

[/QUOTE]

and yet, they exceeded the cap without going over the tax threshold, using the TPE as myself and many said they would. While you said they would stay around the 62 million cap and not put themselves in a position to have the MLE (which is several million LESS than Thornton/Zeller are making) b/c rebuilding teams do not spend money.

Oh well.

I'm glad Danny is team building the way I was hoping he would. Asset acquiring and still keeping his eyes on Love and all sorts of options rather than panic move trading Rondo on draft night as soon as his last Love offer was rejected as you predicted.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

rame

What you say is not important to me because so far everything you said didn't pan out.

Just don't accuse me of stealing when you don't have proof that I stole something.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

this thread would be interesting if not for the jr. high fight from **** that just won't seem to go away. lol

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

and yet, they exceeded the cap without going over the tax threshold, using the TPE as myself and many said they would. While you said they would stay around the 62 million cap and not put themselves in a position to have the MLE (which is several million LESS than Thornton/Zeller are making) b/c rebuilding teams do not spend money.

Oh well.

I'm glad Danny is team building the way I was hoping he would. Asset acquiring and still keeping his eyes on Love and all sorts of options rather than panic move trading Rondo on draft night as soon as his last Love offer was rejected as you predicted.

You mean Ainge is building through the draft, right?

Allowing a team to dump salary on the Celtics in exchange for a 1st round pick is only something a team building through the draft would do.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Umm, that was my idea WEEKS before you stole it.

It was Bass (or Bogans if it had to be all about $ savings) and Fav for Asik and then Lin absorbed through the TPE as a separate deal so the Rockets could have cap space for Melo. 

You were only 'attacked' for the hypocrisy of regurgitating others ideas and then relentlessly bullying them and attacking their 'ideas' when they didn't happen. As if they were actually predictions and not just fun. We know the only prediction made was your 'Rondo will be traded on draft night if Love is not here' one that obviously was a big dud. 

But whatever, you have been banned and exposed. Better behave under your new name or the internet forum that is your entire world might ban another of your lame names. 

[/QUOTE]

If you accuse someone of stealing, you have to have proof.

Regarding the TPE, you said I expected the TPE to expire.

But when I said I proposed Lin and the Rockets' 1st rounder for the TPE, you are claiming that I stole your idea.

You know what that proves?

That proves that I never said I expected the TPE to expire.

[/QUOTE]

Really? You want to throw a tantrum over this Fierce? Unlike you I do not blame people for suggesting multiple scenario's. That is the fun of this board.

I correctly predicted Rondo would not be traded on draft night. Unlike you.

But I also threw out several trade ideas in which Rondo WAS traded on draft night (and was relentlessly attacked by you, the board bully, as a hypocrite for doing so). I felt there was a 60% chance Rondo stayed and a 40% chance he was traded. 

So just liken when you STOLE my Asik and Lin trade ideas that used the TPE weeks after I made them, this does not mean that 80-90% of the time you were letting us all know that you strongly felt the TPE would not be used. 

Just like I felt Rondo would not be traded but still said "hey, pick 8, Thompson and McLemore for Rondo is cool with me"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to kaktug's comment:

this thread would be interesting if not for the jr. high fight from **** that just won't seem to go away. lol

You notice it was interesting until page 5 of this thread?

I just don't think it's fair to accuse someone of stealing when you don't have actual proof.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

FB - to answer your question (these reply things get too long) - without a third team involved, I think Green, Bogans, Young and Sully (3 picks max) is fair for Love.

If they want us to take Martin, we throw in Anthony and Thornton, and take back Young.

I would use Bass instead of Bogans - and, of course, Wallace.

But 3 first round picks should be the key.  Rookie contracts are four years now.

Since they just took (F me) LaVine, they might not want Young, though.............

Rehash - Bass, Green, Fav, Bogans, Young and 3 #1's for Love and Martin.

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

Really? You want to throw a tantrum over this Fierce? Unlike you I do not blame people for suggesting multiple scenario's. That is the fun of this board.

I correctly predicted Rondo would not be traded on draft night. Unlike you.

But I also threw out several trade ideas in which Rondo WAS traded on draft night (and was relentlessly attacked by you, the board bully, as a hypocrite for doing so). I felt there was a 60% chance Rondo stayed and a 40% chance he was traded. 

So just liken when you STOLE my Asik and Lin trade ideas that used the TPE weeks after I made them, this does not mean that 80-90% of the time you were letting us all know that you strongly felt the TPE would not be used. 

Just like I felt Rondo would not be traded but still said "hey, pick 8, Thompson and McLemore for Rondo is cool with me"

You really going to lie when you proposed trading Rondo to the Kings for the #8 pick and McLemore.

Didn't you also say I allegedly stole your idea about Nash and the #7 pick for Rondo?

Everybody here saw your trade proposals of getting a lottery pick for Rondo.

So when you say you correctly predicted Rondo wouldn't be traded on draft night, that's a lie!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yup, the board bans a guy and he still doesn't get he isn't wanted and proceeds to bully and attack and act like a fool all over again.

I guess I was wrong for pointing out that this thread about a GREAT trade for the Celtics was started by a guy who specifically said all season wrong that he predicted Danny would not use the TPE. Who cares if he made some trade ideas that did have the C's using them. That was his stance.

I love this trade and am hear to talk about it! I will stop engaging with a lying hypocrite who was banned and is despised by the majority here for petty stuff like that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

And that's why Fierce is the man!!

[/QUOTE]

Wasn't he the one who said the C's would let the TPE expire?

How's he the man if he was wrong?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

FB - to answer your question (these reply things get too long) - without a third team involved, I think Green, Bogans, Young and Sully (3 picks max) is fair for Love.

If they want us to take Martin, we throw in Anthony and Thornton, and take back Young.

But 3 first round picks should be the key.  Rookie contracts are four years now.

Since they just took (F me) LaVine, they might not want Young, though.............

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

I agree, that's fair.

But I think Glen Taylor needs to brag about how he made the Celtics overpay for Love.

So if Ainge is going to get Love, Ainge has to overpay.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to kyceltic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

And that's why Fierce is the man!!

[/QUOTE]

You mean that is why Danny Ainge is the man? Or those of us here like myself who hoped the TPE would be put to good use and expected the C's to go over the cap (but stay under the tax line)?

Fierce expected the Celtics to allow the TPE to expire, not use it b/c the team was 'rebuilding' and to stay right around or under the salary cap line. 

Being banned for bad behavior and simply being the first to report something b/c this internet forum and scanning sites like hoopshype is your entire life is hardly reason to give that person pats on the back. Especially when the trade goes against what he predicted Danny would do. But to each their own.

DANNY AINGE is the man;-)

[/QUOTE]  Do i detect a trace of jealousy? 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Actually, trading Rondo for Nash was my idea last summer..............not that I care one way or the other.  This is why I come on the board here - to have fun and listen to ideas about improving my team.

Now, about moving Jeff Green..........................

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

It is enough for me that Danny is building the team the way I was hoping and suggesting for months and is doing the opposite of what Fierce said he would do. Which was to trade Rondo on draft night, let the TPE expire, stay just under the cap and become a rebuilding tankapalooza II team.

They still could sell off Green, Rondo, Bass and become a dreadful club next year destined for a top 5 pick.

But what Danny is doing now is not giving up the good fight, keeping his eye on the prize to try to make this offseason like 2007 still, and build a contender.

Good for him!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

i would still give minn sully + filler contracts + 3 picks in future drafts for love. we have more than enough picks at this point that we can give up 3 and still have at least one pick in each draft going forward.

we can also use those picks to move up and target specific players in future drafts if we don't get love. but that's a long-term project and i'd prefer sooner to later. if we don't get love, i see little use for rondo, green, or bass on this team. they would all be trade bait.

i prefer plan A, which is acquire love. rondo-bradley-green-love-olynky/zeller/faverani, with a bench of smart, thornton, young, wallace...

still weak a the 5 position IMO. but lord knows it's better than a longterm rebuild through the draft that may never materialize.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

Actually, trading Rondo for Nash was my idea last summer..............not that I care one way or the other.  This is why I come on the board here - to have fun and listen to ideas about improving my team.

Bingo!

And he's claiming I stole that idea.

Looks like he stole it from you.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bingo!

And he's claiming I stole that idea.

Looks like he stole it from you.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

He's welcome to steal my ideas.  You are welcome to steal my ideas.  I don't have that kind of ego.  I come here to have fun, and converse with other Celtics fans about my team.  You all know now I know the game........so the "proving" myself for me ended a long time ago.

Let's get Love in here.....make the playoffs and get rolling!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Guys there is no need projecting any lineups because I think the entire team will look different by August.

Ainge has more chips than he did in 2007. If Hayward is getting upwards of $15M by next week guys like Bass, Green, AB and Sully are going to be very attractive. Teams are throwing around money for marginal players once the top FAs sign.

[/QUOTE]
                          +1

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good stuff. Getting close to what the Wolves would have to consider is a good offer.

Smart over Vonleh hurt us b/c even if Danny valued Smart more, Vonleh had more value to a team like the Wolves. They already have a PG with shooting issues in Rubio.

I think Danny needs to move Smart and Anthony's expiring contract for a young player Minny really desires. Maybe someone still on his rookie deal, but nearing the end of it. This would have to wait until 30 days after Smart signed his contract.

If we are going to take on Martin's contract 3/21, they need to take Wallace at 2/20. If we take Martin they definitely get Young, who is the young shooter they see replacing him and pairing so well with the shooting challenged Rubio.

Wallace, Bass, Sully, Young, Zeller (over Olynyk) and a future pick for Love and Martin.

Then in a separate deal Smart, Anthony (6 million or so) and a future pick are traded for a young player in his prime the Wolves want. Not Klay Thompson obviously. But someone who can be traded and sent back for a contract like Barea, Budinger or Brewer in the 5 million range. 

THAT type of deal going down in the middle of August MIGHT entice the Wolves.

Before then Danny can still try and move Bogans and Anthony or Bogans and Bass in a move with maybe a pick tossed in for a player the Wolves would want. 

We know Love will have to join a team with Rondo, Bradley, Green and one of Olynyk/Zeller at center to feel he is instantly competitive and playoff bound. All Danny should ask him to do is pick up his option year. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

That comment alone tells you that you are not qualified to discuss basketball with people who actually watch it, played it competitively and understand it.

Zeller has range out to 20 feet. Other than that ONE stat he is VERY similar to Hawes in his style of play and stats. 

Yeesh.

And I'm the bully?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

[QUOTE]

i would still give minn sully + filler contracts + 3 picks in future drafts for love. we have more than enough picks at this point that we can give up 3 and still have at least one pick in each draft going forward.

we can also use those picks to move up and target specific players in future drafts if we don't get love. but that's a long-term project and i'd prefer sooner to later. if we don't get love, i see little use for rondo, green, or bass on this team. they would all be trade bait.

i prefer plan A, which is acquire love. rondo-bradley-green-love-olynky/zeller/faverani, with a bench of smart, thornton, young, wallace...

still weak a the 5 position IMO. but lord knows it's better than a longterm rebuild through the draft that may never materialize.

[/QUOTE]

I thought they want players that can play now.  Sully is not going to be enough.  Maybe add Green and AB and 3 picks would probably be needed based on previous proposed deal.  This would be vastly overpaying but is it worth it?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

How could someone know the qualifications of someone he doesn't know personally?

Sections
Shortcuts