Celts Get T.Zeller and Marcus Thornton

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Celts Get T.Zeller and Marcus Thornton

FB - to answer your question (these reply things get too long) - without a third team involved, I think Green, Bogans, Young and Sully (3 picks max) is fair for Love.

If they want us to take Martin, we throw in Anthony and Thornton, and take back Young.

I would use Bass instead of Bogans - and, of course, Wallace.

But 3 first round picks should be the key.  Rookie contracts are four years now.

Since they just took (F me) LaVine, they might not want Young, though.............

Rehash - Bass, Green, Fav, Bogans, Young and 3 #1's for Love and Martin.

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Really? You want to throw a tantrum over this Fierce? Unlike you I do not blame people for suggesting multiple scenario's. That is the fun of this board.

I correctly predicted Rondo would not be traded on draft night. Unlike you.

But I also threw out several trade ideas in which Rondo WAS traded on draft night (and was relentlessly attacked by you, the board bully, as a hypocrite for doing so). I felt there was a 60% chance Rondo stayed and a 40% chance he was traded. 

So just liken when you STOLE my Asik and Lin trade ideas that used the TPE weeks after I made them, this does not mean that 80-90% of the time you were letting us all know that you strongly felt the TPE would not be used. 

Just like I felt Rondo would not be traded but still said "hey, pick 8, Thompson and McLemore for Rondo is cool with me"

You really going to lie when you proposed trading Rondo to the Kings for the #8 pick and McLemore.

Didn't you also say I allegedly stole your idea about Nash and the #7 pick for Rondo?

Everybody here saw your trade proposals of getting a lottery pick for Rondo.

So when you say you correctly predicted Rondo wouldn't be traded on draft night, that's a lie!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

And that's why Fierce is the man!!

Wasn't he the one who said the C's would let the TPE expire?

How's he the man if he was wrong?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

FB - to answer your question (these reply things get too long) - without a third team involved, I think Green, Bogans, Young and Sully (3 picks max) is fair for Love.

If they want us to take Martin, we throw in Anthony and Thornton, and take back Young.

But 3 first round picks should be the key.  Rookie contracts are four years now.

Since they just took (F me) LaVine, they might not want Young, though.............

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

I agree, that's fair.

But I think Glen Taylor needs to brag about how he made the Celtics overpay for Love.

So if Ainge is going to get Love, Ainge has to overpay.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

And that's why Fierce is the man!!

You mean that is why Danny Ainge is the man? Or those of us here like myself who hoped the TPE would be put to good use and expected the C's to go over the cap (but stay under the tax line)?

Fierce expected the Celtics to allow the TPE to expire, not use it b/c the team was 'rebuilding' and to stay right around or under the salary cap line. 

Being banned for bad behavior and simply being the first to report something b/c this internet forum and scanning sites like hoopshype is your entire life is hardly reason to give that person pats on the back. Especially when the trade goes against what he predicted Danny would do. But to each their own.

DANNY AINGE is the man;-)

Do i detect a trace of jealousy? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Actually, trading Rondo for Nash was my idea last summer..............not that I care one way or the other.  This is why I come on the board here - to have fun and listen to ideas about improving my team.

Now, about moving Jeff Green..........................

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

i would still give minn sully + filler contracts + 3 picks in future drafts for love. we have more than enough picks at this point that we can give up 3 and still have at least one pick in each draft going forward.

we can also use those picks to move up and target specific players in future drafts if we don't get love. but that's a long-term project and i'd prefer sooner to later. if we don't get love, i see little use for rondo, green, or bass on this team. they would all be trade bait.

i prefer plan A, which is acquire love. rondo-bradley-green-love-olynky/zeller/faverani, with a bench of smart, thornton, young, wallace...

still weak a the 5 position IMO. but lord knows it's better than a longterm rebuild through the draft that may never materialize.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

Actually, trading Rondo for Nash was my idea last summer..............not that I care one way or the other.  This is why I come on the board here - to have fun and listen to ideas about improving my team.

Bingo!

And he's claiming I stole that idea.

Looks like he stole it from you.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to FierceBrand's comment:

Bingo!

And he's claiming I stole that idea.

Looks like he stole it from you.

[object HTMLDivElement]

He's welcome to steal my ideas.  You are welcome to steal my ideas.  I don't have that kind of ego.  I come here to have fun, and converse with other Celtics fans about my team.  You all know now I know the game........so the "proving" myself for me ended a long time ago.

Let's get Love in here.....make the playoffs and get rolling!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

Guys there is no need projecting any lineups because I think the entire team will look different by August.

Ainge has more chips than he did in 2007. If Hayward is getting upwards of $15M by next week guys like Bass, Green, AB and Sully are going to be very attractive. Teams are throwing around money for marginal players once the top FAs sign.

+1

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

That comment alone tells you that you are not qualified to discuss basketball with people who actually watch it, played it competitively and understand it.

Zeller has range out to 20 feet. Other than that ONE stat he is VERY similar to Hawes in his style of play and stats. 

Yeesh.

And I'm the bully?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to kaktug's comment:

i would still give minn sully + filler contracts + 3 picks in future drafts for love. we have more than enough picks at this point that we can give up 3 and still have at least one pick in each draft going forward.

we can also use those picks to move up and target specific players in future drafts if we don't get love. but that's a long-term project and i'd prefer sooner to later. if we don't get love, i see little use for rondo, green, or bass on this team. they would all be trade bait.

i prefer plan A, which is acquire love. rondo-bradley-green-love-olynky/zeller/faverani, with a bench of smart, thornton, young, wallace...

still weak a the 5 position IMO. but lord knows it's better than a longterm rebuild through the draft that may never materialize.

I thought they want players that can play now.  Sully is not going to be enough.  Maybe add Green and AB and 3 picks would probably be needed based on previous proposed deal.  This would be vastly overpaying but is it worth it?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

How could someone know the qualifications of someone he doesn't know personally?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to scubber's comment:

I thought they want players that can play now.  Sully is not going to be enough.  Maybe add Green and AB and 3 picks would probably be needed based on previous proposed deal.  This would be vastly overpaying but is it worth it?

It's worth it to Wyc Grousbeck because it will put a lot of money in his pocket.

But it's not worth it to Celtic fans because the Celtics will not win a championship by overpaying for Love.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Good stuff. Getting close to what the Wolves would have to consider is a good offer.

Smart over Vonleh hurt us b/c even if Danny valued Smart more, Vonleh had more value to a team like the Wolves. They already have a PG with shooting issues in Rubio.

I think Danny needs to move Smart and Anthony's expiring contract for a young player Minny really desires. Maybe someone still on his rookie deal, but nearing the end of it. This would have to wait until 30 days after Smart signed his contract.

If we are going to take on Martin's contract 3/21, they need to take Wallace at 2/20. If we take Martin they definitely get Young, who is the young shooter they see replacing him and pairing so well with the shooting challenged Rubio.

Wallace, Bass, Sully, Young, Zeller (over Olynyk) and a future pick for Love and Martin.

Then in a separate deal Smart, Anthony (6 million or so) and a future pick are traded for a young player in his prime the Wolves want. Not Klay Thompson obviously. But someone who can be traded and sent back for a contract like Barea, Budinger or Brewer in the 5 million range. 

THAT type of deal going down in the middle of August MIGHT entice the Wolves.

Before then Danny can still try and move Bogans and Anthony or Bogans and Bass in a move with maybe a pick tossed in for a player the Wolves would want. 

We know Love will have to join a team with Rondo, Bradley, Green and one of Olynyk/Zeller at center to feel he is instantly competitive and playoff bound. All Danny should ask him to do is pick up his option year. 

[object HTMLDivElement]

I really wanted Vonleh, too.  I am very very curious to know the "issues" he has, and why we didn't take him.  We wouldn't need, necessarily, Zeller if we had Vonleh, so one of them could go.

Before we go dealing Young, though, let's not forget MN just took LaVine at 13.  I think if they wanted Young, they could have had him at 13.  They would be redundant on that team.

Think Monroe would want to go to MN.....LOL?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Why would they need to get under the cap besides saving Wyck some money?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

Why waste real dollars if you're a rebuilding team?

Right now, even with the inclusion of Thornton and Zeller, the Celts are at 70.1m in total guaranteed contracts.

Remove Bass' 6.9m salary and the Celts will automatically be a team not over the cap.

Celts will be under the cap next season because Rondo's contract expires.

So why spend extra now when you don't have to?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Why waste real dollars if you're a rebuilding team?

Right now, even with the inclusion of Thornton and Zeller, the Celts are at 70.1m in total guaranteed contracts.

Remove Bass' 6.9m salary and the Celts will automatically be a team not over the cap.

Celts will be under the cap next season because Rondo's contract expires.

So why spend extra now when you don't have to?

Then I think we have to give a 2nd round pick for someone under the cap to take Bass.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Hoopshype says if we cut Bogans, Babb and Johnson we are under the cap.  No need for any moves.  Accuracy is questioned, as always.

It also says Pressey has the most likely chance of being retained.  They like him, apparently.  His contract becomes guaranteed on the 15th of July.  So, he is probably here for the year!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

Then I think we have to give a 2nd round pick for someone under the cap to take Bass.

It's the other way around.

Teams will be looking for bench help.

Bass is perfect because he has an expiring contract and he's a good player.

I think there will be teams who are willing to give the Celts a 2nd round pick for Bass.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

Hoopshype says if we cut Bogans, Babb and Johnson we are under the cap.  No need for any moves.  Accuracy is questioned, as always.

It also says Pressey has the most likely chance of being retained.  They like him, apparently.  His contract becomes guaranteed on the 15th of July.  So, he is probably here for the year!

That's true before the Celts used the TPE on Zeller and Thornton.

Now the Celts are at 70.1m.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Not yet includes the salaries we got for TPE?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

if love and lebron end up in cleveland, we can kiss the east goodbye for another 3-4 years. there's no way we can compete with a team like that. sucks if we're clearing the way for that to happen.

On the bright side, after 3-4 years, when Lebron gets old, it's the Celtics' turn to dominate the east.

maybe. unless another team surpasses us in the meantime. love and lebron together in cleveland will truly suck. we'll have lots of draft picks and young players but we won't be able to sniff anything more than a conference final for the foreseeable future.

it is way too soon to extrapolate out the next four years. One twisted ankle at the wrong time would change everything.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Not yet includes the salaries we got for TPE?

[object HTMLDivElement]

100 % completely totally...................MY BAD:

As of now, the Boston Celtics are over the projected tax line of $77 million, though they will easily get under that number by simply releasing Keith Bogans and his nonguaranteed contract of $5.3 million, though it's more likely that he'll be used in a trade in some form or another.

With Phil Pressey, Chris Johnson, and Chris Babb having nonguaranteed contracts, it's fair to assume that at least one of them will be cut, with Babb appearing to be the most likely candidate. Boston has loads of committed money ahead of Babb and Johnson on the depth chart, so someone will have to go at some point.

Read it too fast - my apologies to all - it's the tax line, not the cap!!

Sections
Shortcuts