Celts Get T.Zeller and Marcus Thornton

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Re: Celts Get T.Zeller and Marcus Thornton

Danny, is it really you ? I have some other ideas  you probably need to hear, but don't tell Fierce or Rame or employee

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My biggest takeaway from the trade is that Danny has managed to assemble a team that talent wise is an 18-20 win team in a loaded draft next year...and he also rcvd another first in the process. Very astute, great moves by DA...

please, someone tell Stevens to not coach this team to 24 wins next year...now that we have all these choices, we need talent. Look at the frosh bigs next year in college. Surely a couple of them will come out and will be franchise players...

2017 is looking very good here in Boston. A couple of years of heartburn, and then hopefully a yearly, deep playoff team for the next 5-7 years...

another plus...at least tickets will be plentiful and cheap next year if anyone wants to go to a game?

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I think they will win a lot more than 18-20 games.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

My biggest takeaway from the trade is that Danny has managed to assemble a team that talent wise is an 18-20 win team in a loaded draft next year...and he also rcvd another first in the process. Very astute, great moves by DA...

please, someone tell Stevens to not coach this team to 24 wins next year...now that we have all these choices, we need talent. Look at the frosh bigs next year in college. Surely a couple of them will come out and will be franchise players...

2017 is looking very good here in Boston. A couple of years of heartburn, and then hopefully a yearly, deep playoff team for the next 5-7 years...

another plus...at least tickets will be plentiful and cheap next year if anyone wants to go to a game?

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

They better not win 26 and blow the draft choice again! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Get Love, make the playoffs.

Next year, shed the contracts of Bass, Anthony and Green, and get another scorer (like Martin, in the Love trade)

After next year, lose Wallace...........draft well, and fill in the gaps.  We should be good to go.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Danny, is it really you ? I have some other ideas  you probably need to hear, but don't tell Fierce or Rame or employee

[/QUOTE]

You be the trade whisperer and I'll be the horse trader.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

FB - to answer your question (these reply things get too long) - without a third team involved, I think Green, Bogans, Young and Sully (3 picks max) is fair for Love.

If they want us to take Martin, we throw in Anthony and Thornton, and take back Young.

I would use Bass instead of Bogans - and, of course, Wallace.

But 3 first round picks should be the key.  Rookie contracts are four years now.

Since they just took (F me) LaVine, they might not want Young, though.............

Rehash - Bass, Green, Fav, Bogans, Young and 3 #1's for Love and Martin.

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

[/QUOTE]

Good stuff. Getting close to what the Wolves would have to consider is a good offer.

Smart over Vonleh hurt us b/c even if Danny valued Smart more, Vonleh had more value to a team like the Wolves. They already have a PG with shooting issues in Rubio.

I think Danny needs to move Smart and Anthony's expiring contract for a young player Minny really desires. Maybe someone still on his rookie deal, but nearing the end of it. This would have to wait until 30 days after Smart signed his contract.

If we are going to take on Martin's contract 3/21, they need to take Wallace at 2/20. If we take Martin they definitely get Young, who is the young shooter they see replacing him and pairing so well with the shooting challenged Rubio.

Wallace, Bass, Sully, Young, Zeller (over Olynyk) and a future pick for Love and Martin.

Then in a separate deal Smart, Anthony (6 million or so) and a future pick are traded for a young player in his prime the Wolves want. Not Klay Thompson obviously. But someone who can be traded and sent back for a contract like Barea, Budinger or Brewer in the 5 million range. 

THAT type of deal going down in the middle of August MIGHT entice the Wolves.

Before then Danny can still try and move Bogans and Anthony or Bogans and Bass in a move with maybe a pick tossed in for a player the Wolves would want. 

We know Love will have to join a team with Rondo, Bradley, Green and one of Olynyk/Zeller at center to feel he is instantly competitive and playoff bound. All Danny should ask him to do is pick up his option year. 

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I really wanted Vonleh, too.  I am very very curious to know the "issues" he has, and why we didn't take him.  We wouldn't need, necessarily, Zeller if we had Vonleh, so one of them could go.

Before we go dealing Young, though, let's not forget MN just took LaVine at 13.  I think if they wanted Young, they could have had him at 13.  They would be redundant on that team.

Think Monroe would want to go to MN.....LOL?

[/QUOTE]

Vonleh measured 6'8". That was the drawback. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

I once knew someone in New Hampshire whose father was a horse trader but that probably isn't you unless you are really old.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This X1000!  Two more high lottery picks, a couple of trades, then roll out a freshly stacked promising young playoff team in 2017. Many years of dominance to follow!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

And that's why Fierce is the man!!

[/QUOTE]

+1 credit where credit is due! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

In response to CeltsFanInNH's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

FB - to answer your question (these reply things get too long) - without a third team involved, I think Green, Bogans, Young and Sully (3 picks max) is fair for Love.

If they want us to take Martin, we throw in Anthony and Thornton, and take back Young.

But 3 first round picks should be the key.  Rookie contracts are four years now.

Since they just took (F me) LaVine, they might not want Young, though.............

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

[/QUOTE]

Good stuff. Getting close to what the Wolves would have to consider is a good offer.

Smart over Vonleh hurt us b/c even if Danny valued Smart more, Vonleh had more value to a team like the Wolves. They already have a PG with shooting issues in Rubio.

I think Danny needs to move Smart and Anthony's expiring contract for a young player Minny really desires. Maybe someone still on his rookie deal, but nearing the end of it. This would have to wait until 30 days after Smart signed his contract.

If we are going to take on Martin's contract 3/21, they need to take Wallace at 2/20. If we take Martin they definitely get Young, who is the young shooter they see replacing him and pairing so well with the shooting challenged Rubio.

Wallace, Bass, Sully, Young, Zeller (over Olynyk) and a future pick for Love and Martin.

Then in a separate deal Smart, Anthony (6 million or so) and a future pick are traded for a young player in his prime the Wolves want. Not Klay Thompson obviously. But someone who can be traded and sent back for a contract like Barea, Budinger or Brewer in the 5 million range. 

Before then Danny can still try and move Bogans and Anthony or Bogans and Bass in a move with maybe a pick tossed in for a player the Wolves would want. 

We know Love will have to join a team with Rondo, Bradley, Green and one of Olynyk/Zeller at center to feel he is instantly competitive and playoff bound. All Danny should ask him to do is pick up his option year. 

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I really wanted Vonleh, too.  I am very very curious to know the "issues" he has, and why we didn't take him.  We wouldn't need, necessarily, Zeller if we had Vonleh, so one of them could go.

Before we go dealing Young, though, let's not forget MN just took LaVine at 13.  I think if they wanted Young, they could have had him at 13.  They would be redundant on that team.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You think he's done growing?  He's only 18 going on 19 in about 6 weeks. Plenty of time left to add a few more inches. 

Talk of character issues abounds mostly about him dissing IU and Coach Crean. If he did speak negatively about a former coach or how he was or wasn't utilized pointing the finger at the coaching staff for his shortcomings then that makes sense. It was also said that he sat out games and even skipped team workouts if fatigued. You can read more here.

http://indiana.247sports.com/Board/144/Contents/Andy-Katz-talked-to-both-Exum-and-Vonleh-before-the-draft-29345820

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Somehow I think Ky was being sarcastic about the irony of Ainge using the TPE soon after Fierce said the C's  would not use it preferring to stay under the cap. Otherwise I must have missed another major flip-flop by the master.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to BrandBreaker8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Somehow I think Ky was being sarcastic about the irony of Ainge using the TPE soon after Fierce said the C's  would not use it preferring to stay under the cap. Otherwise I must have missed another major flip-flop by the master.

[/QUOTE]  No sarcasm, Fierce was on it first. Like the man said, credit where credit is due.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Nothing is imminent  says Danny One time I like that. Next question, what else is not imminent?

[/QUOTE]

FIREWORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BANG!!!!

Zeller!!! (oooooooahhahhahhahhahhah)

BANG!!!!

Thornton!!! (oooooooahhahhahhahhahhah)

Great show DA....

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Next year, shed the contracts of Bass, Anthony and Green, and get another scorer (like Martin, in the Love trade)

After next year, lose Wallace...........draft well, and fill in the gaps.  We should be good to go.

[/QUOTE]

Hedley, Love doesn't get you into the playoffs, he just doesn't...and even if he did, they'd be a serious one and done candidate and waste lots of draft capital for very little long term gain...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

More of this lopsided trade jazz? Why would Minny do that trade? Explain that to me because I cannot see why they do this trade. They take our junk and unproven players for someone many here think gets us deep into the playoffs and makes Minny complete another trade with Boston that could make them look as bad as when they dealt KG to us. What magic potion makes them this stupid?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Great trade.  We got something for nothing.  Now, hopefully, Cleveland can sign LeBron and Trade for Love, so we can put the Kevin Love nightmare behind us!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Great trade.  We got something for nothing.  Now, hopefully, Cleveland can sign LeBron and Trade for Love, so we can put the Kevin Love nightmare behind us!

[/QUOTE]

THIS^!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

More of this lopsided trade jazz? Why would Minny do that trade? Explain that to me because I cannot see why they do this trade. They take our junk and unproven players for someone many here think gets us deep into the playoffs and makes Minny complete another trade with Boston that could make them look as bad as when they dealt KG to us. What magic potion makes them this stupid?

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

We differ on this point, obviously.  I'm not going to convince you.  I could try to get you to drink my magic Kool-Aid, but with your glass starting at half-empty, it would be futile....................

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]
    I hope we can trade for a real good player, our chances of drafting a alpha dog is very very low low.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Great great trade! Thortons is a legit fairly efficient scorer and an expiring 8.9 m contract, Zeller 15.34 per @ 1.7m and an extra pick, we must of had some coupons. This deal is a total win win if trade or play them

If Da wants Love I can't see any team being willing to offer a deal like Bass,Bogans,Thorton,Anthony(KOor Sully) and 3 picks for Love and Dieng.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Oh and we have till Saturday to exercise the 2.1 Lee TPE and Bogans non garaunteed. Anthony and Thorton , Bass and RR expiring contracts that come to 31 + mil. there's some assets to make for some serious pyrotechnics that were promised.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BrandBreaker8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]  No sarcasm, Fierce was on it first. Like the man said, credit where credit is due.

[/QUOTE]

Oh I see, first to post the news of his own errant ways.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

If the volume of players and picks used for 1 player ( 30 minutes a game) make a list of the remaining roster and ask yourself  ... Why would he want to be there.... 

Build a nucleus of players thru the draft and then figure out what's or who is needed ..

All the wishing for one player is idiotic. But I guess that's what fans do 

Always Right.....at least in my mind

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I'm not saying I do or don't want Love I am totally ambivalent about Love, he's a stat line All Star, but he has never translated that into success at the college or pro but he has won Olympic Gold but with that cast I could've claimed that.

I'll say this, Melo resigning , Haywood and Parsons getting 15+ offers , LeBron maybe going back home (I hope he does.), in the words of Tom Petty "the future is wide open".

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

First of all we probably want the LeBron deal to fall through, if it does than the Cavs are a mid tier playoff team at best and the #1 pick we just received will be better.

Secondly can we stop pretending like Love is a bad player because he didn't win a ring in Minnesota?  This is such a heaping pile of sht, it smells to high heaven.  How many rings did LeBron win in Cleveland with a substantially better cast that Love had in Minny.  The best player Love played with was who; Ricky Rubio?

I swear only on this board is "great" not even good enough.  If he was asked to play on the Dream Team by coach K and continues to put up such obscene numbers than he is as good as advertised.  

You can't fake 26 points, 13 boards,  4 assists, 1 block and one steal a game.  You just can't do it.  

And there isn't some unquantifiable characteristic that he is lacking, it's a joke.  

I'm not trying to pile on here teejay because maybe I misunderstood your position but if not you are far from alone.  Love is the real deal, we're desperate for a talent like him, don't get it twisted.

Sections
Shortcuts