CELTS HAVE THE BEST CONTINGENCIES IN PLACE!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

CELTS HAVE THE BEST CONTINGENCIES IN PLACE!

what other team can turn to a troy murphy as a 12th guy in the playoffs if something happens to pp-green  or big baby or KG! WHO else has an arroyo to come in dsh it as he can as the THIRD pg. something happens to rondo or west, we still have a shot with this wildcard around. sasha has already produced and he cant get into the games with west around right now. if something happens again to west i feel great with him around or WAFER (who likely wont even get off the inactive list if all are healthy). if ray goes down, can switch to pp at sg and move green at sf. obviously if shaq cant go, krstic has already proven to be a competent replacement. if nenad goes down, we can throw baby or jo out there. these guys are so athletic, smart and VERSATILE! if miami loses any one of their big 3 its almost laughable to think they would be even competitive with most playoff teams. same with san antonio with any one of their big 3. what happens if rose goes down? do u even know who the backup is? dies he ever play? move howard away from the magic and are they not swept by any of the playoff teams left? move novitski from the mavs and are they not toast automatically? don't even get me started withkobe and that creaky knee and foot? should we not be trying to step on it at some point?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Re: CELTS HAVE THE BEST CONTINGENCIES IN PLACE!

good post!  This is why I havent panicked  once since the trade. People forget that we lost last year due to lack of depth, among other things.  I guess folks already forgot that ugly last 5 minutes of game 7 when all the starters looked like they were gonna just fall out and die after the game, and that horrible sequence of Nate coming in around the quarter only to be yanked in less than 2 minutes and that these guys essentially had no rest because Doc didnt trust anyone else to play in the most crucial game and rightfully so, I cant even remember who were Ray and Pauls backup last year..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: CELTS HAVE THE BEST CONTINGENCIES IN PLACE!:
    good post!  This is why I havent panicked  once since the trade. People forget that we lost last year due to lack of depth, among other things.  I guess folks already forgot that ugly last 5 minutes of game 7 when all the starters looked like they were gonna just fall out and die after the game, and that horrible sequence of Nate coming in around the quarter only to be yanked in less than 2 minutes and that these guys essentially had no rest because Doc didnt trust anyone else to play in the most crucial game and rightfully so, I cant even remember who were Ray and Pauls backup last year..
    Posted by JayShizzle45
    we had the great tony allen when we were starving for points and outside shots (anyone wants tony over jeffrey green?), how about scal starting and playing 25-35 minutes as he did in the playoffs 2 years ago with kg hurt.. heck even last year he was the 3rd option at pf. now we have a greeen or a murphy to slide into that starting spot in case of an emergency. how is that not better  or an upgrade? i liked scal for he give us all he had as limited as it was but come on, on troy's worse day, he often brings more to the table than scal on his best days. quis was on the bench last year but doc could not trust him.. what were the injury likelihood? posey is the one sub from the past i find indispensable and even he would not be able to crack the top 9 of this team. green is better than the 2007 posey! pose could play d nd hit the 3 and irritate but green has real talent and smarts and he's 6'9! we for get that. troy is a legit 6'11. can you imagine doc having shaq, baby, troy, and green out there with a west/arroyo or even pp/ray at the point. many forget that jo WILL be healthy for the playoffs as the third/fourth center. how many teams would not want that in their 3rd/4th guy in case of a contingency!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to CELTS HAVE THE BEST CONTINGENCIES IN PLACE!:
    what other team can turn to a troy murphy as a 12th guy in the playoffs if something happens to pp-green  or big baby or KG! WHO else has an arroyo to come in dsh it as he can as the THIRD pg. something happens to rondo or west, we still have a shot with this wildcard around. sasha has already produced and he cant get into the games with west around right now. if something happens again to west i feel great with him around or WAFER (who likely wont even get off the inactive list if all are healthy). if ray goes down, can switch to pp at sg and move green at sf. obviously if shaq cant go, krstic has already proven to be a competent replacement. if nenad goes down, we can throw baby or jo out there. these guys are so athletic, smart and VERSATILE! if miami loses any one of their big 3 its almost laughable to think they would be even competitive with most playoff teams. same with san antonio with any one of their big 3. what happens if rose goes down? do u even know who the backup is? dies he ever play? move howard away from the magic and are they not swept by any of the playoff teams left? move novitski from the mavs and are they not toast automatically? don't even get me started withkobe and that creaky knee and foot? should we not be trying to step on it at some point?
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

Kind of like two years ago when the Cs didn't have KG....  oopss they didn't get a title either..... when it comes to the playoffs it is quality not quantity, rotations get shorters, starters play more minutes.... of course if any star goes down their respective team is all done but the Cs would be the best able to recover if they indeed lose one of the Big 3 or Shaq.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to CELTS HAVE THE BEST CONTINGENCIES IN PLACE! : Kind of like two years ago when the Cs didn't have KG....  oopss they didn't get a title either..... when it comes to the playoffs it is quality not quantity, rotations get shorters, starters play more minutes.... of course if any star goes down their respective team is all done but the Cs would be the best able to recover if they indeed lose one of the Big 3 or Shaq.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

ditto! kind of like brady going down with cassell around. wasnt as great as having tommy out there but we were able to hold water. there is a reason we have a big 5 (shaq included)... they are better. but it should not be as big a dropoff as it has been in the past when one of these guys has gone down. i am no longer in fear with "what happens if ray has to miss a couple of games" or x and x... i f ray is out, pp goes to the 2 with green at the 3. that is a pretty good lineup. will be different without the floor stretcher but green has proven to be better at posting up and attacking the hoop than ray. will just be different and "newer"..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: CELTS HAVE THE BEST CONTINGENCIES IN PLACE! : ditto! kind of like brady going down with cassell around. wasnt as great as having tommy out there but we were able to hold water. there is a reason we have a big 5 (shaq included)... they are better. but it should not be as big a dropoff as it has been in the past when one of these guys has gone down. i am no longer in fear with "what happens if ray has to miss a couple of games" or x and x... i f ray is out, pp goes to the 2 with green at the 3. that is a pretty good lineup. will be different without the floor stretcher but green has proven to be better at posting up and attacking the hoop than ray. will just be different and "newer"..
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

To me it is still quality not quantity, I think the drop off is a little more than you may be thinking / stating but I think you are generally correct.

Shaq will be limited and if he gets in foul trouble Bynum and Gasol will destroy Krstic.

If Ray is not around Paul cannot deal with Kobe nor can't Delonte West.

Rondo simply cannot step up (zero points last night - zero... really? really?).

The key to me is Shaq's health and KG.  There is no replacing KG and they are vulnerable against the Lakers if Shaq can't be very effective.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: CELTS HAVE THE BEST CONTINGENCIES IN PLACE! : To me it is still quality not quantity, I think the drop off is a little more than you may be thinking / stating but I think you are generally correct. Shaq will be limited and if he gets in foul trouble Bynum and Gasol will destroy Krstic. If Ray is not around Paul cannot deal with Kobe nor can't Delonte West. Rondo simply cannot step up (zero points last night - zero... really? really?). The key to me is Shaq's health and KG.  There is no replacing KG and they are vulnerable against the Lakers if Shaq can't be very effective.
    Posted by TheDUDDER
    dud, i like how you leave out murphy and green out of the equatiojn of perimeter defense. d du not see him step out on wing and smack back balls in the faces of swingman in the fast few games? the guy is 6'11 with movement! green knows kobe from okc and slowed him down a lot in last year's playoffs that went to 7. also, u ingnore SASha and even wafer who could both be out there. as for shaq, come on dud..nenad may be the 3rd or 4th option come the grind of the playoffs. i even see some dnps.. y? for jo is scheduled to be healthy, pain-free and ready to go 100%. if shaq gets in trouble versus the lakes, first will be baby at the 5 followed by jo... if krstic plays, will be at pf or when gasol the assol is at center. or just to frustrate lakes with some hard fouls.. same reason murph may go against bynum and howard.. to bring them outside of the paint and just give up some hard fouls. that has its place too. isnt that what shaq often does anyways?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

C-C,
    I wouldn't count on JON appearing in playoffs. I'd say if he doesn't start playing 5-6 games before the end of the regular season -"farhget-about-it".
    Agree about the depth of the current roster.

AK

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

told ya

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Dudder did you just say Pierce can not deal with Kobe and suggest that ray Allen is a better defender? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Dudder did you just say Pierce can not deal with Kobe and suggest that ray Allen is a better defender? 
    Posted by JayShizzle45

Yes he did.  He's not so much a Celtics' fan as he is a critic.  But even that post was dumb for Dudder.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

C-C, I wouldn't count on JON appearing in playoffs. I'd say if he doesn't start playing 5-6 games before the end of the regular season -"farhget-about-it". Agree about the depth of the current roster. AK
    Posted by sinus007
    doc says he will be bak in 2 weeks and shaq will be within the next week! jo will get a run in the playoffs.. count on it! he is on right on schedule, no setbacks from his surgery.. no welling! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

Another homer thread.

Every player Ainge dumps, all of you say "smart move...he wasn't performing".

Every player Ainge brings on board, you guys say "another brilliant move by DA!".

You guys got a bunch of scrubs and can't even see it. You guys (and gals) are priceless!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Right now, these contingencies can't play D and they aren't coming in to stem any tide when we're getting killed, by the guards who torch us nor on the help defense.

So, let's hope the contingencies learn before the playoffs arrive.

Sections
Shortcuts