Celts in Talks with Magic: Baby for Bass

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

Re: Celts in Talks with Magic: Baby for Bass

Did you guys know that 17% of shots that Glenn Davis takes are blocked? 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

In Response to Re: Celts in Talks with Magic: Baby for Bass:
    I like this move. Bass won't help with rebounding, he's no better than Davis, and he isn't a great defender *neither was Davis.) but he is much more eficent on the offensive side of the ball and he is in great shape and apparently he really thrived when the magic went small and he played center.
    Posted by jtkl

Bass wont help on the boards?? What have you been watching? He is a good rebounder with an aggressive high energy style.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Davis had the ability to guard the 5 very good at times and Bass can't.  Glen  also go some very timely offensive rebounds , he will do fine in Orlando and be misssed in Boston, it will be interesting when we play the Magic, but Howard will be glad that Glen is not leaning on him.  Glen had the ability to defend the five and with injury prone JO we are in much worse shape now.  Danny must get at least two bigs now that can at least get in the way or it will come down to JO and KG and that is not good.  Glen was familiar with our system and Bass is not , that is a negative for two months.  Bass may adjust quickly he is a great athlete and shoud do as good or better than Glen some nights.  Both played for LSU and I did get to see them play.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Bass is a good pick up if you have the Heat on you mind.  The Celts will need to match up with their small ball.  But they still need an answer for Dwight howard and Tyson Chandler.  They need some big bodies here.  And I would love to see them pick up Billups.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

-

When BBD played his game and wasnt overweight, he did alot of good things for the C's. Gonna miss all those charges he took. But he got away from what worked and his shot stopped falling too late in the season/playoffs. HE was our energy guy too. It was a good time for him to go...he needs his own world to grow. THings werent working out with DOc, who seems to have problems with alot of guys not known as Big 4

Posted by Karllost

-

Thanks for that. Some folks need some reminding of some facts.

Still, I guess Big Baby played his way out of Boston.

I like what people are saying about Bass.  The move might just benefit both teams and both players.

I bet Bass gets better when playing with Boston caliper teammates and Doc.

-

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Glen was familiar with our system and Bass is not , that is a negative for two months. 
    Posted by maryngary

He forgot about our system when he entered the playoffs so..no negative on that end.

Sections
Shortcuts