Celts in the top 5 in 2 weeks

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Re: Celts in the top 5 in 2 weeks

In response to Fierce34's comment:

A top 5 pick in the 2014 Draft is within reach.

The Celts face the Pelicans Friday, then on the road versus OKC, Den, LAC, GSW, and Por.

After that, it's Hou, Tor, and LA at home.

That's a total of 9 games in 2 weeks.

If the Celts only win 1 or 2 games in a span of 2 weeks, the Celts could end up having the 5th or 4th worst record in the league. 

It all depends on the bouncing balls.

I'm still hoping for Embiid.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I guess I am a sucker for thinking New York and Brooklyn will finally get it together, neither club has a '14 pick.. but in 2 weeks I still see them being within 1 game of Boston. Same with the Fakers and Bulls (who are secretly tanking) and the Bobcats, Pelicans and Kings are simply in the same talent pool as the C's.

Denver, Detroit, Memphis and Cleveland should be better but have yet to play any better (record wise) than Boston. More favorable schedules should put them 2-3 games ahead of the Green I suppose.

Philly, Orlando, Milwaukee and Utah are all tanking of course and will remain worse.

So there ya go. EIGHT teams will be within 1-3 games of each other in the 5-12 range, including Boston, with four more in the 3-5 games better range.

In two weeks Boston could be in line for the 5th pick or 12th pick. Really no evidence to suggest why it will definitely be in the top 5. 

I will say the C's have the 7th worst record in the league in 2 weeks. Onlt one team jumps them in the standing (Cleveland by a game) and they remain just 2 games out of the 8th seed and 3-4 games out of seed 4-5.

With Rondo coming back shortly after this 2 week timeframe that is hardly a reason to celebrate for the tankapalooza crowd

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Thankfully this Celtics team blew 5 games this season they should have won, while only winning 1 game (Heat) it should have lost. That would have resulted in 4 extra wins, a 17-15 record and the #

I see Rondo returning January 26th against the Nets, Pierce/KG playing fantastic in an emotionally charged 1st half (that RR just gets his feet wet in) and then those two being gassed b/c Kidd kept them in for 20 mins first half and almost the entire 4th quarter and Rondo coming up huge at the end in a C's victory.

After beating only the Pelicans, Lakers and Magic leading up to that game, the Celtics will finish January 5-12 and be 18-30 entering February with Rondo running the show.

18-30 will put them 1-3 games out of the 7th and 8th seeds but probably only 6-7 from a 3 seed. The Hawks will go say 6-8 and still be around the 3 seed, probably tied with the surprising Raptors, who will probably go .500 at 9-9 and both team will have 24 wins.

Knicks, Nets and Cavs all rebound and pass the C's by then, the'll be in a dogfight for 7/8 with the Bobcats. The secretely tanking Bulls should be joining us a few games out by then.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from johconn. Show johconn's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

A few more losses and the Celts could be the 2nd worst team in the east 2 weeks from now.

now we're talking. let's get those panzers a movin'. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

I guess I am a sucker for thinking New York and Brooklyn will finally get it together, neither club has a '14 pick.. but in 2 weeks I still see them being within 1 game of Boston. Same with the Fakers and Bulls (who are secretly tanking) and the Bobcats, Pelicans and Kings are simply in the same talent pool as the C's.

Denver, Detroit, Memphis and Cleveland should be better but have yet to play any better (record wise) than Boston. More favorable schedules should put them 2-3 games ahead of the Green I suppose.

Philly, Orlando, Milwaukee and Utah are all tanking of course and will remain worse.

So there ya go. EIGHT teams will be within 1-3 games of each other in the 5-12 range, including Boston, with four more in the 3-5 games better range.

In two weeks Boston could be in line for the 5th pick or 12th pick. Really no evidence to suggest why it will definitely be in the top 5. 

I will say the C's have the 7th worst record in the league in 2 weeks. Onlt one team jumps them in the standing (Cleveland by a game) and they remain just 2 games out of the 8th seed and 3-4 games out of seed 4-5.

With Rondo coming back shortly after this 2 week timeframe that is hardly a reason to celebrate for the tankapalooza crowd

We lost the last 7 games Rondo started.

It can be done.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Chris Paul got hurt tonight.

Damn.

Please basketball Gods, bring us Embiid.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Is that top 5 or bottem 5, and is that good or bad?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulliu. Show paulliu's posts

If you don't have the talent to be in the top five it is better to be in the bottom five, provided you have assets for the future, not that I am saying they should tank or anything.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

In response to paulliu's comment:

If you don't have the talent to be in the top five it is better to be in the bottom five, provided you have assets for the future, not that I am saying they should tank or anything.

I agree Paulliu. Better not fall into the world of mediocracy. I do believe that in order to get to the top in Boston {since the C's do not seem to attract top Free Agents} they are going to need to do it through the Draft and possibly trades. The loss of Horford might also net the C's a Lottery pick so I believe the future is bright and if they need to tank in order to do so, then tank, tank away! 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

and Bench Green while you're at it....wait, just let him play his usual casual game...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to melwittss' comment:

In response to rameakap's comment:

Rame...admit it..they suck so bad they are turning blue from lack of oxygen...they are gratefully heading to the lottery...give it up...it's over...admit defeat...it's just easier that way...

I am not sure what you mean?

I predicted that this team would win 36 games if Rondo returned 100% by early January and Danny didn't make monster trades/changes at the deadline.

I predicted they would win 28 games if Rondo was held out until late January/early February and/or Danny made moves that altered the teams best chance to win rotation.

Of course I WANT this team to lose and be in the top 5 of the lottery. So I'm not sure what I am being asked to 'give up' on as a tanking/losing team is the BEST case scenario I have said that countless times.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Rame - it's all about the words, man. 

I believe Mel said "give IT up......"

Now, not wanting to take sides here, I THINK he means he disagrees with your post about us being in the bottom 7 in the league.  He thinks we are worse than that.

I understand your point - that while you WANT us to get a "top" 5 pick, you think the rest of the league is just too bad for that to happen.

Mel thinks it's possible.

It's the same thing, to me, as your choice of the word "fair" with regard to the trade.  Fierce interpreted fair as equal................and it's not..................

So, I understand your point, Mel's point, and Fierce's points.  They are all just different....not wrong.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

Now, not wanting to take sides here, I THINK he means he disagrees with your post about us being in the bottom 7 in the league.  He thinks we are worse than that.

I understand your point - that while you WANT us to get a "top" 5 pick, you think the rest of the league is just too bad for that to happen.

It's the same thing, to me, as your choice of the word "fair" with regard to the trade.  Fierce interpreted fair as equal................and it's not..................

So, I understand your point, Mel's point, and Fierce's points.  They are all just different....not wrong.

I was just talking about the next two weeks and then up until the end of January though.

The C's are playing bad enough to lose 8 of their next 9 games or so, so who knows. I predict in two weeks they will have the 7th worst record. It is certainly not 'wrong' of anyone to predict they will be in the top 5. I did not say that.

What is wrong is anyone thinking i want this team to win now and make the playoffs. I only ever said if Rondo was healthy and Ainge went the route of say an Asik trade it would be fun to see them in round two battling it out. But that hurts the rebuild plan for sure.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

As for Fierce and his psychotic attacks...

Even if he thinks 'fair' and 'equal' are the same thing (he never described it that way) he was wrong to instantly and repeatedly attack me for simply analyzing that trade idea and deciding you could argue fairness for both sides. That is all I did.

When it comes down to it that is what this board is for and his immature bullying runs counter to why this site exists. People can have different points and opinions, agree to disagree, all that. But it is always wrong to act the way he does.

Now he is welcome to think that the Celtics will get better offers for Rondo and that a former all-star is worth more than two late first round picks, a borderline starting guard (whose insertion into the rotation will only make the team 'a little' worse statistically), 27 mil in savings and more cap space in the first summer ('15) that Ainge wants some.

I have AGREED WITH HIM... that I would prefer the team not make this trade and hope we can get more.

As I said, he is wrong is to take someone simply looking at the merts and fairness from both sides and mock, bully, lie, mislead and attack that poster  and doing so repeatedly and shamelessly for over a week now. Putting words in my mouth like 'Ram thinks Rondo for Hill is fair' just proves what an obnoxious liar he is and how Fierce is only here to 'win' and demean others.

I am sure you don't agree with the way he conducts himself Hedley? Even if you can agree with the points he makes at times (as I can and have) you know he goes about everything in the worst possible way and comes off as a pretty awful person.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts