Celts in the top 5 in 2 weeks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Re: Celts in the top 5 in 2 weeks

Yes the Celtics go on a west coast swing.  Don't forget all the other bottom feeders in the East has to do the same thing and it will equal out over the long run.  The Celtics will not finish in the top 5 record wise at season ends.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Psychotic?

Haven't you learned from Mark Cuban's blunder in 2011?

Mark Cuban was so confident that he would get Deron Williams and Dwight Howard in the summer of 2012.

So he blew up his 2011 championship team.

He traded Tyson Chandler for an 11m trade exception.

How did that work out for the Mavs?

[/QUOTE]

Well gee I dunno,  let's look...

Mav's.  19- 14 in the toughest Conference in the NBA(without Chandler).

Knicks.  10 -22. In the weakest Conference in the NBA(with part tme Chandler).

Appears to me it worked out just fine.

Mavs weren't going to be some dynasty team with that old roster... they just caught Lebron & Co at the right time.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to jdm894g's comment:

[QUOTE]

Yes the Celtics go on a west coast swing.  Don't forget all the other bottom feeders in the East has to do the same thing and it will equal out over the long run.  The Celtics will not finish in the top 5 record wise at season ends.

Yes, they can.

It's only a matter of time before Ainge moves the "tradables".

Once we lose 2 out of the 4 in Bass, Lee, Humpy, and Wallace, the Celts will become a pure lottery team.

[/QUOTE]

Agree completely Fierce. The C's have overachieved to this point because Stevens is pretty good. I have faith that Danny will do whatever he has to in order to get us into the the Top 5. If Rondo does not come back too soon then this Team is bad enough finish in the Top 5. And do they really need to have one of the 5 worse records to get a Top 5 Pick? Not according to the "DRAFT LOTTERY".

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheOriginalDfury13. Show TheOriginalDfury13's posts

David Stern has already told Adam Silver make sure the C's don't get the number one overall. We'll have the worst record and the 5th pick you watch. The leagues hates us and they rig the lottery. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to TheOriginalDfury13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

David Stern has already told Adam Silver make sure the C's don't get the number one overall. We'll have the worst record and the 5th pick you watch. The leagues hates us and they rig the lottery. 

[/QUOTE]

Oh.

Why is that again?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TheOriginalDfury13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oh.

Why is that again?

[/QUOTE]

Why would Wyck and the rest of he owners are ok with it if this was a well known fact about Stern?  Even if you have the worst record, it is 25% chance to get #1 pick.  The Celtics were top 5 worse record about twice in last 20 years, it is not improbable that they did not get the top pick both times.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Celts already in the top 5 of the lottery as of today.

[/QUOTE]

Would you kindly in baby talk format...I mean keep it simple--- what the benefit is being last at the end of the season or being 5th to last so still in the lottery. I don't understand the ping pong award. In Google it said last team gets 250 ping pongs ??? I hate to open wounds but being last doesn't automatically award us the #1 pick---correct ? Didn't we lose out on Tim Duncan because the ball didn't fall our way. Anyway, thanks for a simple answer so I can know if I still want us to have the best last win record or anywhere in the bottom 5 records.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Would you kindly in baby talk format...I mean keep it simple--- what the benefit is being last at the end of the season or being 5th to last so still in the lottery. I don't understand the ping pong award. In Google it said last team gets 250 ping pongs ??? I hate to open wounds but being last doesn't automatically award us the #1 pick---correct ? Didn't we lose out on Tim Duncan because the ball didn't fall our way. Anyway, thanks for a simple answer so I can know if I still want us to have the best last win record or anywhere in the bottom 5 records.

[/QUOTE]

It doesn't get more simpler than this ... the odds of getting the 1st pick for each of the 14 lottery teams ... finishing 5th gives the C's a 7.6% chance of the #1 pick. For those odds we should dismantle our core????

The odds are much better from the 4th spot up;

#1 spot 25% chance

#2 spot 19.9% chance

#3 spot 15.6% chance

#4 spot 11.9% chance

#5 spot 7.6% chance

#6 spot 7.5% chance

#7 spot 4.3% chance

#8 spot 2.8% chance

#9 spot 1.5% chance

#10 spot 1.4% chance

#11 spot .8% chance

#12 spot .7% chance

#13 spot .6% chance

#14 spot .5% chance

[/QUOTE]

Thank You but why does the # 1 have a mathematical 25% chance and then # 2 a 19.9% etc. What is the process with the ping pong balls ? I am not lazy to look this up I just don't seem smart enough to figure it out .

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It doesn't get more simpler than this ... the odds of getting the 1st pick for each of the 14 lottery teams ... finishing 5th gives the C's a 7.6% chance of the #1 pick. For those odds we should dismantle our core????

#1 spot 25% chance

#2 spot 19.9% chance

#3 spot 15.6% chance

#4 spot 11.9% chance

#5 spot 7.6% chance

#6 spot 7.5% chance

#7 spot 4.3% chance

#8 spot 2.8% chance

#9 spot 1.5% chance

#10 spot 1.4% chance

#11 spot .8% chance

#12 spot .7% chance

#13 spot .6% chance

#14 spot .5% chance

[/QUOTE]

Actually....it's even 'more simpler' than that.  WE DO NOT HAVE A CORE!  Our 'core' is injured, got traded last year and left via FA the year before that.....  What we have now is a bunch of role players that would probably be the bench of a solid team.  Other than Sully would you really be upset if any of these 'Celtics' got traded?  I'm also pretty sure that the world would not implode if Sully did get traded as well! 

What they need to do is use this time to develop the young players on this team more to audition them to see if they COULD BE THE CORE.  Sully, Oly, Fav...they all need more minutes.   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Trade em al, trade em all, the long and the short and the tall. Well as lest most of em . Outside of Rondo, we got a bunch of 6th men

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Oh, and I have to admit  Rondo cant shoot which is kind of important in basketball.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

#1 spot 25% chance

#2 spot 19.9% chance

#3 spot 15.6% chance

#4 spot 11.9% chance

#5 spot 7.6% chance

#6 spot 7.5% chance

#7 spot 4.3% chance

#8 spot 2.8% chance

#9 spot 1.5% chance

#10 spot 1.4% chance

#11 spot .8% chance

#12 spot .7% chance

#13 spot .6% chance

#14 spot .5% chance

[/QUOTE]

Actually....it's even 'more simpler' than that.  WE DO NOT HAVE A CORE!  Our 'core' is injured, got traded last year and left via FA the year before that.....  What we have now is a bunch of role players that would probably be the bench of a solid team.  Other than Sully would you really be upset if any of these 'Celtics' got traded?  I'm also pretty sure that the world would not implode if Sully did get traded as well! 

What they need to do is use this time to develop the young players on this team more to audition them to see if they COULD BE THE CORE.  Sully, Oly, Fav...they all need more minutes.   

[/QUOTE]
    ====================================

I like your sense of humor putting in parenthesis "more simpler ". Maybe that's accepted colloquialism for "simpler or more simple" !!!

I agree with your assessment that this is NOT a core team and I do like Sully but, yes, everyone else and not even as a 6th player would be a bench player on core teams. Keep Rondo, and hope he recovers from his injury and Sully and all could go and build through the draft.

Living in the SF Bay area I go to a lot of Warriors games, love hearing "Beat LA, Beat LA" as if I were in Boston but now in addition to the Lakers it includes the Clippers. The Warriors are a young team that has largely been built through the draft. With Stephen Curry( who daggered us last night the best 3 pt shooter in the game, I think) , Klay Thompson and Harrison Barnes all drafted in the first round, the Warriors have become an extremely competitive & fun team to watch under the coaching of Mark Jackson and I think the "Cs" could do the same with a great draft & coaching under College Minded Stevens who has worked well with younger players.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Actually a good base although I dont much like Green, but he'd be ok as a complimentary piece

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Kingface12's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

#1 spot 25% chance

#2 spot 19.9% chance

#3 spot 15.6% chance

#4 spot 11.9% chance

#5 spot 7.6% chance

#6 spot 7.5% chance

#7 spot 4.3% chance

#8 spot 2.8% chance

#9 spot 1.5% chance

#10 spot 1.4% chance

#11 spot .8% chance

#12 spot .7% chance

#13 spot .6% chance

#14 spot .5% chance

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    ====================================

I like your sense of humor putting in parenthesis "more simpler ". Maybe that's accepted colloquialism for "simpler or more simple" !!!

I agree with your assessment that this is NOT a core team and I do like Sully but, yes, everyone else and not even as a 6th player would be a bench player on core teams. Keep Rondo, and hope he recovers from his injury and Sully and all could go and build through the draft.

Living in the SF Bay area I go to a lot of Warriors games, love hearing "Beat LA, Beat LA" as if I were in Boston but now in addition to the Lakers it includes the Clippers. The Warriors are a young team that has largely been built through the draft. With Stephen Curry( who daggered us last night the best 3 pt shooter in the game, I think) , Klay Thompson and Harrison Barnes all drafted in the first round, the Warriors have become an extremely competitive & fun team to watch under the coaching of Mark Jackson and I think the "Cs" could do the same with a great draft & coaching under College Minded Stevens who has worked well with younger players.

[/QUOTE]

HAHA!!!  I was just teasing you about your 'more simpler' origianl quote.  I agree with all of this 100%.  I really think the worst thing this team could do right now is trade Rondo.  The guy has the potential to cut a couple of years off the 'rebuilding process' almost single handedly.  I actually hope that once he proves he's healthy that they extend him.  The idea of Rondo, Sully and a bunch of young high draft picks on this team for a long time is rather exciting.  Especially with money coming offt he books in a couple of years which can be used to add more supporting pieces with some veterans.  This is a HUGE time for this team.....now they just need to keep losing.... Money Mouth

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Yeah there recent "progress" has been precipitous and breath-taking

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

Wow what a post and not even All Star Break!  Seriously is there anything dumber?  Who the heck posted this, the board Laker Fan Hedley? Missingteeth