Celts Leaning Towards Andrew Wiggins

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thomas_Paine. Show Thomas_Paine's posts

Re: Celts Leaning Towards Andrew Wiggins

I think they'll be leaning towards whoever is left over among Parker, Wiggins, and Embiid.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

If they win one of the final games, they may not get a shot at any of them

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

Really, they had the draft already and Silver awarded the C's WIGGINS!

Only in BOSTON folks!  LMAO!!!!!!!! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to fbombfury's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

See I think that the Celtics were just saying which player they prefer in the draft, not that they would get to pick whoever they want.

I know it gets confusing sometimes.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

The Celtics are probably leaning toward someone else.

Ainge understands the value of misdirection.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

See I think that the Celtics were just saying which player they prefer in the draft, not that they would get to pick whoever they want.

[/QUOTE]

You'll have to excuse fbomb - he's back from a long vacation, posing as me!  I'm sure his ignorance will reveal itself again shortly!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to Thomas_Paine's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think they'll be leaning towards whoever is left over among Parker, Wiggins, and Embiid.

[/QUOTE]  I'd settle for the 3rd pick and gladly take whoever is left of the three.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kyceltic's comment:

I'd settle for the 3rd pick and gladly take whoever is left of the three.

Makes the decision easier.

HAHAHA

[/QUOTE]  That's right.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to chris33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Celtics are probably leaning toward someone else.

Ainge understands the value of misdirection.

[/QUOTE]

Yes he does

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I said this early in the season and im sayingit again... what is it about Wiggins that people find so appealing?

Sure, he came out of HS with all the hype of the next Lebron.. the stud that was a cant miss.. However, as I watched some of his play early on at Kansas and throughout highlights and stats, I wondered what the hype was all about.//

Wiggins finished this season with the following stat line:

33 mpg

17.1 ppg (45%) (34% 3pt)

5.9 rebs

1.5 asp

Had the kid come into the season as an unknown, his play would have been viewed as someone to watch for next year..at Kansas.. I doubt anyone would be screaming he's the #1 pick in the NBA draft..

Another thing is Wiggins seems to have a characteristic similar to Lebron, in that his drives have little finesse, they are mainly straight to the bucket... Lebron gets away with it because he has the power to bull run defenders and the refs look the other way... Wiggins is listed as 6"8 200 lbs... uh oh!!

I do like Wiggins attitude during games, no cartwheels after dunks, no break dancing after allly-oops...

He may be a good nba player, which can be said about alot of guys.. but I just dont get the hype surrounding him...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamar. Show hedleylamar's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You'll have to excuse fbomb - he's back from a long vacation, posing as me!  I'm sure his ignorance will reveal itself again shortly!

[/QUOTE]

You should have gotten the Letterman job, as you are a pretty funny comedian.

Stay chill!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamar. Show hedleylamar's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2014/04/2014_nba_draft_rumors_andrew_w.html

After "(asking) NBA personnel to give us a peek at their Big Boards heading into next month's NBA draft combine," ESPN’s Chad Ford believes the Celtics are leaning toward Wiggins, the 6-foot-8 Kansas freshman who has already declared for the draft.

[/QUOTE]

Most GMs are leaning towards Wiggins. Thanks for the update.

Stay chill!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I said this early in the season and im sayingit again... what is it about Wiggins that people find so appealing?

Sure, he came out of HS with all the hype of the next Lebron.. the stud that was a cant miss.. However, as I watched some of his play early on at Kansas and throughout highlights and stats, I wondered what the hype was all about.//

Wiggins finished this season with the following stat line:

33 mpg

17.1 ppg (45%) (34% 3pt)

5.9 rebs

1.5 asp

Had the kid come into the season as an unknown, his play would have been viewed as someone to watch for next year..at Kansas.. I doubt anyone would be screaming he's the #1 pick in the NBA draft..

Another thing is Wiggins seems to have a characteristic similar to Lebron, in that his drives have little finesse, they are mainly straight to the bucket... Lebron gets away with it because he has the power to bull run defenders and the refs look the other way... Wiggins is listed as 6"8 200 lbs... uh oh!!

I do like Wiggins attitude during games, no cartwheels after dunks, no break dancing after allly-oops...

He may be a good nba player, which can be said about alot of guys.. but I just dont get the hype surrounding him...

[/QUOTE]

Karllost- I agree.  Wiggins is the only player that age to receive the same amount of hype as Lebron James, and all we got to see all season was the second coming of Gerald Green.

Despite the letdown, I still think he's a great fit for the C's.  The C's could start him along with Rondo and another SF.  I don't think Wiggins will perfom well as a team's lone SF, however he could be a very effective SG.  It all depends which position he plays, and we know that Brad Stevens likes an offense with two wings that can get out and run with Rondo.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

In a sick way I kind of want the third pick too :)

Then we wont have to ask what if? Or 2nd guess ourselves.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to hedleylamar's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Stay chill!

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for admitting this was you.............................bye now!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

The Celtics will have no chance for Wiggins unless they get the #1 or #2 pick in the NBA Draft......Wiggins will be gone by #3

Celtics on track for #3 , #4 or #5 pick in NBA Draft and could actually end up at #13

No way they get a chance at Andrew Wiggins unless they have either the #1 or #2 pick , mark it down......

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to PHX85014's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Celtics will have no chance for Wiggins unless they get the #1 or #2 pick in the NBA Draft......Wiggins will be gone by #3

Celtics on track for #3 , #4 or #5 pick in NBA Draft and could actually end up at #13

No way they get a chance at Andrew Wiggins unless they have either the #1 or #2 pick , mark it down......

[/QUOTE]

I will mark it down - don't really know how you can make a comment like that.

If the Ping Pong balls go MIL, ORL and BOS (not out of the question), then MIL could take Embiid (distinct possibility), ORL ( who needs a PG) could take Smart or Exum....leaving us to take whoever we want at #3.

I'm going to wait until I see the draft order before making a blanket statement like that!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamar. Show hedleylamar's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to hedleylamar's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Stay chill!

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for admitting this was you.............................bye now!

[/QUOTE]

Hmmmmm.. why would I admit to a falsehood?  Just sayin'

Keep up the weak investigative work, so that you can continue to make a fool of yourself.

As always, stay chill!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to PHX85014's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I will mark it down - don't really know how you can make a comment like that.

If the Ping Pong balls go MIL, ORL and BOS (not out of the question), then MIL could take Embiid (distinct possibility), ORL ( who needs a PG) could take Smart or Exum....leaving us to take whoever we want at #3.

I'm going to wait until I see the draft orderorder before making a blanket statement like that!

[/QUOTE]

Regarding the lottery, ping pong balls & luck !!!  If Embiid is gone, my choice is definitely Wiggens even if Parker is available.

Am I being paranoid that an intensive background checkbackground check should be made on Embiid, Parker & Wiggens re: posssible use of cocaine based on our  miserable luck with Len Bias & Reggie Lewis ??? We really deserve some luck with the ping pong balls...maybe the Celtic leprechaun can help us(HA!). San Antonio was 3rd worse yet lucked out and picked Duncan. If we had, we might have had #18 & 19 already. Embiid is a risk with his back issues but we are desperate for a Ca Csince Perkins left. Parker is terrific but I think we are OK at F position with Sully, Oly & maybe we keep Hump. Wiggens, at 6'8" would be a tremendous G and there is controversy re: keeping Rondo and A. Bradley is mostly a defensive player and Pressey and Bayless are a dime a dozen. So, my choice would be Embiid 1st and Wiggens before Parker if we have a choice but either if only 1 remains.

Sections
Shortcuts