Celts looking into JJ Hickson (rumor)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rebels345209. Show Rebels345209's posts

Celts looking into JJ Hickson (rumor)

Kid showed real potential on a good structured team when he was on the Cavs. As a matter of fact had Mike Brown played him with Varejao more in 2010 instead of Shaq or Big Z with Jamison they would of given us a lot more trouble. He only makes a tick over 2 million. I would say his skill set alone would make him worth taking a flier on

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Re: Celts looking into JJ Hickson (rumor)

Where is the link??this would be great only if he played like that year as a cav

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jonrob777. Show jonrob777's posts

He is only 6:9 a BB clone. We need a 7 ft center.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

True but hickson plays more inside..we need a center but obviously nothing out there within our reach

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Also hickson can be a better rebounder than BB

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jonrob777. Show jonrob777's posts

Good point. Anyone that can play inside and rebounds is helpful , and I'm sure he is way better than JO.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rebels345209. Show Rebels345209's posts

No link available it was on the twitter feed on hoopshype.com. Celtics need at least one more big (minimum). Hickson isn't the pure center we are looking for but a top 3 big rotation of KG/Bass/Hickson is solid. Hickson is only 6'9" but he has some springs in his shoes. We all like the idea of McGee but apparently Washington is asking for a lot and honestly I don't think I would sacrifice Ray (for example) toget a center who is looking for 14!!!!!!! Million per year! Yikes! Now obviously he won't get that but I don't know of he is worthy of being a rental who then walks. We will see

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In Response to Re: Celts looking into JJ Hickson (rumor):
    [QUOTE]No link available it was on the twitter feed on hoopshype.com. Celtics need at least one more big (minimum). Hickson isn't the pure center we are looking for but a top 3 big rotation of KG/Bass/Hickson is solid. Hickson is only 6'9" but he has some springs in his shoes. We all like the idea of McGee but apparently Washington is asking for a lot and honestly I don't think I would sacrifice Ray (for example) toget a center who is looking for 14!!!!!!! Million per year! Yikes! Now obviously he won't get that but I don't know of he is worthy of being a rental who then walks. We will see
    Posted by Rebels345209[/QUOTE]
    Celtics blog

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]http://www.celticsblog.com/2012/3/14/2873129/rumor-celts-interested-in-j-j-hickson Rumor: Celts Interested In J.J. Hickson?
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Read it might be AB for Hickson... i do like Hickson but the more i see Bradley the more I really like his potential......Hickson if playing well gives you an extremely athletic active power forward.... tough call?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

I WOULD NOT TRADE AVERY BRADLEY FOR JJ HICKSON, NO SIR THANK YOU VERY MUCH !

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Wonder if it's all boiling down to the promise of this year vs the promise of the next 5 years?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

He is bigger than Big Baby and has rebound ability but has anyone seen him play this year?  The guy is an outside shooter. Taking the Euro- Big Man SG route.

He'll be just another jump shooter here. He is one of those bigs who think he can shoot. No thanks. I would rather have old a ss Kaman cuz atleast he plays in the paint.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

There's no need for him. He's got a lot of potential to be a good PF, but that's the ONE position the C's don't need. I understand they need big bodies, but you can only play one PF at a time. A good 6-9 PF playing out of position becomes a poor C due to being undersized or a poor SF because he's not fast enough. At this rate they'll trade Rondo and we'll see a PF playing the dang point!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

All I wanna know is does he have a healthy heart?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

If we are talking to SAC, why not Thompson?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celts looking into JJ Hickson (rumor) : I have not seen reports saying Jason Thompson is available.

I haven't either, but I have reservations about Hickson..........I really want us to get Kaman or McGee.............heard Kaman might be bought out, but that really doesn't make any sense!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

All the great ideas we have come up with on this board, and Hickson is the best Danny can do. Why wont he listen?Yell

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celts looking into JJ Hickson (rumor) : That's because Ainge and the Celtics don't want to give up a 1st round pick. Which is the right thing to do.

On that note, I guess Danny would have to weigh if he'd rather have Tyler Zeller, Meyers Leonard, Perry Jones, Fab Melo................or JaVale McGee!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from KillaCam2010. Show KillaCam2010's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celts looking into JJ Hickson (rumor) : That's because Ainge and the Celtics don't want to give up a 1st round pick. Which is the right thing to do.

You are right this draft class is going to be extremely deep. We need to keep both our picks.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

need to keep our 1st round picks. we're in rebuilding mode the second our season ends. danny knows that. he's not mortaging the future for a castoff like kaman. that's not to say i don't think kaman could help us. he could. but i wouldn't give up any part of our rebuild for him. with or without kaman, we're not winning a title this year. the big 3 are just too old.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Plus these draft picks are much cheaper than bringing in over-paid/over-rated  center.  

If Boston is smart, hopefully they can trade up for a higher draft pick by giving up two first round pick along with a second round pick.

It may not possibilty work that way, still give a try!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

After a few years the whole "this draft will be very deep" becomes sorta old.. Deep but it takes years to develop the players and then you lose hope because your teams coach doesn't have the balls to play young guys...so..this waiting game is frustrating for true heart fans...

Sections
Shortcuts