Celts meltdown last year worse than Lebron meltdown this year.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

Celts meltdown last year worse than Lebron meltdown this year.

He was up 2-1 but just folded up like the queen he is, but the celtics did worse last year, they were up 3-2 and leading by 13 late in game 7. To me, that's even worse than what the queen did this year, and this is after he humilated the celts in round 2. It takes a lot of character to win a title but the celts and Lebron, I dunno, they're one and the same. The eastern conference just doesn't have it anymore, that's 10 out of the last 13  now for the west. That says a lot about how weak you can be and still make it out of the east. Also tells you a lot about how incredibly overrated the celts have been the last 4 years. Without Bynum hurt, the west would be 11-2. it just goes to show you that the back to backs by the Lakers was an impossible acheivement just getting out of the west, after you do that the east is a piece of cake. The coming year the lakers will focus on how to better the Mavs, beating the east champ is a given.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicoLakerfan. Show RicoLakerfan's posts

Re: Celts meltdown last year worse than Lebron meltdown this year.

In Response to Celts meltdown last year worse than Lebron meltdown this year.:
    [QUOTE]He was up 2-1 but just folded up like the queen he is, but the celtics did worse last year, they were up 3-2 and leading by 13 late in game 7. To me, that's even worse than what the queen did this year, and this is after he humilated the celts in round 2. It takes a lot of character to win a title but the celts and Lebron, I dunno, they're one and the same. The eastern conference just doesn't have it anymore, that's 10 out of the last 13  now for the west. That says a lot about how weak you can be and still make it out of the east. Also tells you a lot about how incredibly overrated the celts have been the last 4 years. Without Bynum hurt, the west would be 11-2. it just goes to show you that the back to backs by the Lakers was an impossible acheivement just getting out of the west, after you do that the east is a piece of cake. The coming year the lakers will focus on how to better the Mavs, beating the east champ is a given.
    Posted by lakersavenger[/QUOTE]

I feel your pain. You know as I do the Celtics have beat us 9-4 in the finals. We know meltdowns like no other team in history. We have felt that pain. We could have had 9 more titles if the celtics wern't so much greater. 

I too sometimes feel the classless urge to lash out at our tormentors. THose who so often have taken us to the woodshed, but it's time to be men and just say it. Boston is  better.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

In Response to Re: Celts meltdown last year worse than Lebron meltdown this year.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Celts meltdown last year worse than Lebron meltdown this year. : I feel your pain. You know as I do the Celtics have beat us 9-4 in the finals. We know meltdowns like no other team in history. We have felt that pain. We could have had 9 more titles if the celtics wern't so much greater.  I too sometimes feel the classless urge to lash out at our tormentors. THose who so often have taken us to the woodshed, but it's time to be men and just say it. Boston is  better.
    Posted by RicoLakerfan[/QUOTE]

If you were a real Laker fan you would that the keltics have a 8-3 edge over the Los Angeles Lakers, not 9-3. Should be 7-4 except for Bynum' injury.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicoLakerfan. Show RicoLakerfan's posts

In Response to Re: Celts meltdown last year worse than Lebron meltdown this year.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celts meltdown last year worse than Lebron meltdown this year. : If you were a real Laker fan you would that the keltics have a 8-3 edge over the Los Angeles Lakers, not 9-3. Should be 7-4 except for Bynum' injury.

We were whipped so many times I lost count. Don't make excuses about Bynum's injury. We were beat in 5 and 1/2 games that year. Bynum wouldn't have made a difference. Maybe if we were up by 12 with 5 minutes to go in a game 7 in the garden, we could make that excuse, but not iafter quitting in 5 and 1/2 games. That outcome was never in doubt.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celts meltdown last year worse than Lebron meltdown this year. : We were whipped so many times I lost count. Don't make excuses about Bynum's injury. We were beat in 5 and 1/2 games that year. Bynum wouldn't have made a difference. Maybe if we were up by 12 with 5 minutes to go in a game 7 in the garden, we could make that excuse, but not iafter quitting in 5 and 1/2 games. That outcome was never in doubt.
    Posted by RicoLakerfan[/QUOTE]

Nah, you know as well as me that the '08 title is tainted. No Bynum and in every Laker loss there was a huge disparity in free throws favoring the celts. it may have been the refs fault though, because they wanted to perpetuate the Lakers-celtics rivalry because the cs were too weak to recapture on their own.
    Hey but isn't it great that our team is still there for next year and for years to come while the cs are pretty much where they were after Bird left. So the refs are gonna have to come to their aid again if they want a rivalry again. Otherwise, we focus elsewhere like we did for 22 years. jso you see rico, your on the right side. The winning side. You lucky thing you.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicoLakerfan. Show RicoLakerfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celts meltdown last year worse than Lebron meltdown this year. : Nah, you know as well as me that the '08 title is tainted. No Bynum and in every Laker loss there was a huge disparity in free throws favoring the celts. it may have been the refs fault though, because they wanted to perpetuate the Lakers-celtics rivalry because the cs were too weak to recapture on their own. Hey but isn't it great that our team is still there for next year and for years to come while the cs are pretty much where they were after Bird left. So the refs are gonna have to come to their aid again if they want a rivalry again. Otherwise, we focus elsewhere like we did for 22 years. jso you see rico, your on the right side. The winning side. You lucky thing you.

I understand why you whine, because they did it to us again. I used to be that way and then I accepted it. They are better they have the rings. 

So let go. it's easier to give up the anger and deal with reality . We are number two.

chant it with me.

We're Number Two! The Lakers are number two!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

So being old and running out of gas is worse than having no heart, no soul, and talking up how great they are, and how many championships they'll win before totaling folding in the Finals?

Interesting take. And by interesting, I of course mean totally moronic.

Good luck with Brown! He'll do a great job wearing warm up suits and running around in practice. Awesome.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]He was up 2-1 but just folded up like the queen he is, but the celtics did worse last year, they were up 3-2 and leading by 13 late in game 7. To me, that's even worse than what the queen did this year, and this is after he humilated the celts in round 2. It takes a lot of character to win a title but the celts and Lebron, I dunno, they're one and the same. The eastern conference just doesn't have it anymore, that's 10 out of the last 13  now for the west. That says a lot about how weak you can be and still make it out of the east. Also tells you a lot about how incredibly overrated the celts have been the last 4 years. Without Bynum hurt, the west would be 11-2. it just goes to show you that the back to backs by the Lakers was an impossible acheivement just getting out of the west, after you do that the east is a piece of cake. The coming year the lakers will focus on how to better the Mavs, beating the east champ is a given.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RicoLakerfan, first let me say that you are a Class Act, an although a Laker fan, an NBA fan with a good analysis of the Celtics-Lakers in the finals and the former's 9-3 dominance.

Lakeravenger, Quoting from your post above: "Without Bynum hurt, the west would be 11-2. it just goes to show you that the back to backs by the Lakers was an impossible acheivement just getting out of the west, after you do that the east is a piece of cake."

Let me start by saying that without my seeing a basketball game so one sided in calls, especially a Game 7 finals, we'd be 10-2 and not 9-3. I'm so tired of hearing that Celtics lost because they were too old. Pierce 33, Garnett 34 & Allen 35 total 102 while the Mavs' Dirk 32, Terry 33 & Kidd 38 total 103. I'm not positive on the ages but they are close enough. This game #7 was disgusting and a disgrace to sports. I felt it was almost impossible to win a game when you miss 56 shots, while shooting a whopping 32 percent.  And contributing to that percentage was Kobe's 6-24 or 25%. The offense was pathetic but with some help from the officials I was proven wrong. LA got 37 foul shots to Boston's 17,  + 20 !!! But regarding Boston squandering the 13 pt lead it had in the 3rd qtr., 20 of LA's fouls were in the 4th qtr while Boston had only 6. Boston shot 88% hitting 15 out of 17 foul shots and again the Lakers only shot 67% making 25 out of 37. They got 10 extra points from fouls from 20 extra shots. Again a lousy 50%. And with all this only won by 4 pts. Don't want to open old wounds as this topic was beaten to death in last year's "Tainted Championship" post. I mean in one case Gasol could have been auditioning for "Dancing with the Stars" when late in the fourth quarter, he went up for a shot and clearly came back down and shot it again. Isn't that traveling and a turnover and this happened at a crucial point in the last few minutes. It was so frustrating that the officials changed drastically against the Celtics. Mostly, they allowed the players to play "free" and practically "maul" each other earlier in the game. But then, all of a sudden, they started calling "ticky-tack" calls. The officials were so inconsistent. It was terrible.  I am still disgusted and upset with how this game unfolded.

I became a Dallas fan after Boston got knocked out & I'm  so happy the "OLD" Mavs beat the Prima Donna LeBron team after they had taken it to the other Prima Donna's Kobe gutless lakers losing in 4.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Celts meltdown last year worse than Lebron meltdown this year. : ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- RicoLakerfan, first let me say that you are a Class Act, an although a Laker fan, an NBA fan with a good analysis of the Celtics-Lakers in the finals and the former's 9-3 dominance. Lakeravenger, Quoting from your post above: "Without Bynum hurt, the west would be 11-2. it just goes to show you that the back to backs by the Lakers was an impossible acheivement just getting out of the west, after you do that the east is a piece of cake." Let me start by saying that without my seeing a basketball game so one sided in calls, especially a Game 7 finals, we'd be 10-2 and not 9-3. I'm so tired of hearing that Celtics lost because they were too old. Pierce 33, Garnett 34 & Allen 35 total 102 while the Mavs' Dirk 32, Terry 33 & Kidd 38 total 103. I'm not positive on the ages but they are close enough. This game #7 was disgusting and a disgrace to sports. I felt it was almost impossible to win a game when you miss 56 shots, while shooting a whopping 32 percent.  And contributing to that percentage was Kobe's 6-24 or 25%. The offense was pathetic but with some help from the officials I was proven wrong. LA got 37 foul shots to Boston's 17,  + 20 !!! But regarding Boston squandering the 13 pt lead it had in the 3rd qtr., 20 of LA's fouls were in the 4th qtr while Boston had only 6. Boston shot 88% hitting 15 out of 17 foul shots and again the Lakers only shot 67% making 25 out of 37. They got 10 extra points from fouls from 20 extra shots. Again a lousy 50%. And with all this only won by 4 pts. Don't want to open old wounds as this topic was beaten to death in last year's "Tainted Championship" post. I mean in one case Gasol could have been auditioning for "Dancing with the Stars" when late in the fourth quarter, he went up for a shot and clearly came back down and shot it again. Isn't that traveling and a turnover and this happened at a crucial point in the last few minutes. It was so frustrating that the officials changed drastically against the Celtics. Mostly, they allowed the players to play "free" and practically "maul" each other earlier in the game. But then, all of a sudden, they started calling "ticky-tack" calls. The officials were so inconsistent. It was terrible.  I am still disgusted and upset with how this game unfolded. I became a Dallas fan after Boston got knocked out & I'm  so happy the "OLD" Mavs beat the Prima Donna LeBron team after they had taken it to the other Prima Donna's Kobe gutless lakers losing in 4.
    Posted by mandobello[/QUOTE]
    You forgot to mention that in the '08 finals the celtics had a huge advantage in free throws in every game they won. That and with Bynum out cost the Lakers number 16 at that time. It just goes to show you how much more the Lakers have to work ot get a title. i don't think the league wants us winning every year. So yeah, '08 was definitely tainted.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celts meltdown last year worse than Lebron meltdown this year. : You forgot to mention that in the '08 finals the celtics had a huge advantage in free throws in every game they won. That and with Bynum out cost the Lakers number 16 at that time. It just goes to show you how much more the Lakers have to work ot get a title. i don't think the league wants us winning every year. So yeah, '08 was definitely tainted.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmmm??? Was the advantage in free throws the difference in the 131-92 or + 39 blowout in Game 6 in 2008? This score was the highest margin of difference in a Finals surpassing only the Celtics beating the Lakers in 1965 in 5 games by a measly 129-96 or +33. Sorry, haven't researched the Box scores to check fouls.  I remind you again, not in 5 games & not in 6 but in Game 7 with 20 more foul shots they won by only 4 points !!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rampageimt23. Show rampageimt23's posts

Actually the Lakers had the advantage in free throws in Game 4 and Game 6....both games were won by who again?? Oh that's right the Celtics....so again you are wrong Lakersavenger.....and you are an idiot moron who needs to get out of his mothers basement.  How many titles do the Lakers have?  Let me tell you....not more than the Celtics.  So S T F U and get over it.  Your logic is so dumb and r e t a r d e d and you know it is.  The Celtics should have 22 championships so there.  In your face.  That is basically your logic.  Go F yourself and tell your mom to stop calling me.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosportfan. Show bosportfan's posts

Maybe the celtics would have played better if they had gone out and raped some teenage girls....... seems to workall to well for your princess kobe.Kiss

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

Meltdown? We lost our center in game 6 and you were given 17 ft's in the 4th quarter. You have one heck of a story there. If that's a meltdown than the Lakers have 16 banners hanging in the Staples Center. Oh yeah theres 11 big ones and a small blue one so I guess that meltdown thing doesn't work either.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics1986. Show Celtics1986's posts

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics1986. Show Celtics1986's posts

The difference is Boston lost to a team with three allstars, Kobe, Gasol and Odom in LA.
    Miami lost to a team with one allstar on their home floor.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from KamikazeKnight00. Show KamikazeKnight00's posts

I've gotta say, RicoLakerfan made my day.

I'm not exactly a frequent poster but I get the joke. Nice work.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

[QUOTE]The difference is Boston lost to a team with three allstars, Kobe, Gasol and Odom in LA. Miami lost to a team with one allstar on their home floor.
    Posted by Celtics1986[/QUOTE]
    But the Celtics had 2 chances to close on the road, the Heat were down to their last strike at home. Which of the two scenarios would you want your team to be in?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TOMAA99999. Show TOMAA99999's posts

Bottom line Celitcs lose Game 6 of the 2010 NBA Finals with or without Perkins.  They win Game 7 of the 2010 NBA Finals with a healthy Perkings.  All Laker Fans know this too.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

This spring the C's 2nd unit couldn't even play D league

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics1986. Show Celtics1986's posts

[QUOTE]Bottom line Celitcs lose Game 6 of the 2010 NBA Finals with or without Perkins.  They win Game 7 of the 2010 NBA Finals with a healthy Perkings.  All Laker Fans know this too.
    Posted by TOMAA99999[/QUOTE]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics1986. Show Celtics1986's posts

Would have loved to see that entire game 6 with Perkins. They were down 19-14 when he went down and he had put Gasol in the freezer the prior three games. LA had reached the point they were no longer scoring much over 80 vs Boston. That game was by no means over.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics1986. Show Celtics1986's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celts meltdown last year worse than Lebron meltdown this year. : But the Celtics had 2 chances to close on the road, the Heat were down to their last strike at home. Which of the two scenarios would you want your team to be in?

Sections
Shortcuts