Celts next Year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from courier. Show courier's posts

Re: Celts next Year

In Response to Re: Celts next Year:
    [QUOTE]All we need is a center and a backup point guard.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]
    I agree.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]All we need is a center and a backup point guard.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Centers are in aisle 7 and they have a backup point guard, unfortunately he starts.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

I don't think there will be a major overhaul of the roster next season.
    Big 3, Rondo, Green, West, Kristic, JON and Bradley will likely be here. And either Wafer or Pavlovic. As I see it we only need a C. Draft? or SAT with Baby?
    Green will take much more min from the BIG 3. Ainge said he had high expectations from Bradley going into next season.
    With KG, JON and Ray coming of the books in 2012 don't expect any major turnovers now. And with a lock out we still have one run with the Big 3 and a good supporting cast.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

And Pierce his deal is only garanteed until 2013 I believe.
    A good prospect C will do to keep us in the mix (as an outsider). I like the team.
    Doc will help us lure a big name in 2012. He's a hot commodity among players.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]I don't even think this team needs a major overhaul. You add CP3, West and Battier or Dalembert and we're a top seed. Would the C's have to give up too much to sign CP3, West and Battier? I doubt it. CP3 would be in a trade. West could sign via FA. Battier and Dalembert could split the MLE. PG-Paul SG-RA SF-Green PF-West C-Dalembert PG-West SG-PP SF-Battier PF-KG C-Krstic
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Ok so on what planet do you add the best point guard in the league, a much better powerforward, and a much much much better center do you not consider a major overhaul????????  Please start with some level of reality.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Best case scenario for next year is the Celts will be as good as this year's Celts. Let's keep it real, next season KG will be 35, Ray 36, and Pierce 34. There's no way to go but down.  Next season it's not about the Celts anymore. It's about the young and up and coming teams of the east. The Knicks, Bulls, and Heat will only get better next season.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

I agree with you that the Knicks, Bulls and Heat are going to be even better next year.  It is difficult for the Celtics to make many improvements to their roster because of the salary cap.  The only sport where you can constantly change your roster is MLB since their is no salary cap, which really needs to be changed.  It is unfortunate that some wealthy owners, (Yankees, Red Sox, etc),
    continue to spend ridiculous amounts of money every year to improve their team.  It makes it difficult for many other small market teams to compete with them. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

The Celtics may no longer be the favorite team in the East next year but they if Danny is lucky will have a good shot at winning it all.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celts next Year : Just don't forget that the Celtics will never win a championship if they're 2nd to the last in rebounding.

Rebounding is definitely very important.  Not sure how the Celtics are going to improve in this area without adding a good rebounder to this team.  As I just stated, the Celtics don't have the money available to make many changes to their roster since their is a salary cap. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo might just practice and develop a good jumper this summer??????????????????????????????
    Posted by maryngary[/QUOTE]
    I might practice nuclear physics in this summer and go to work for Tokyo Electric in the fall.
    I'm being sarcastic because it's sooooooooo obvious to everybody except Rondo that developing a mid range jumper would elevate his game sooooooo much.
    Hey, you never know

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

I love Jordan, but does Doc, and at what cost? He made 900k last year and is a restricted free agent. A limited player, but just what we need IMHO, if the price is right. He has the tools to be a fine rebounder. Not sure we can snag him before, or after, this new agreement.

Just what direction are we heading in? I don't want to be grim, but it looks like a holding pattern until our contracts run out. It is a business, after all, and ticket sales are fine. Bob Ryan was probably right and I hate it.

I would love Jordan, however, and maybe it's do-able.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

Would the Clips pay that much??? Could we???

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celts next Year : The Clips already hinted they would give Jordan a lucarative deal. That means don't be surprised if Chris Kaman gets traded before the start of next season. No way the Celtics can offer that kind of money as the Celts are way over the cap. The Celts just have the MLE to offer.

He would be a great addition to this team, but agree that the Celtics cannot afford this deal because of the salary cap. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

DA  is  just  an  average  GM.  With  the  age  of  the  Big  3  last  year, he  should  have  looked  to  add  some  youthful  BIGS,   instead  of   injury  prone  relics  like  the  O'Neals.  That's  not  second  guessing, that's  just  law  of  averages.  I  believe  at  the  time, Tyson  Chandler  and  a  few  other  productive  BIGS,  for  the  right  price,  were  available.  I  was  disappointed  to  hear  DOC  decided  to  return.  I  realize most  Celtic  fans  love  him.  He's  personable, likeable  and  brought  us  a  championship.  The  truth  is  DOC  is  very  good  on  motivation  and  developing  a  rapport  with  most  of  his  players.  However, he  seems  deficient  with  x's  and  o's, failed  to  emphasize  the  importance  of  rebounding  for  a  second  straight  year  and  routinely  avoids  confrontation  with  his  players  when  it  is  indicated.  Also, he  clearly  underuses  his  bench.   In  09-10, he  allowed  Sheed  to  continually  take  ( and  miss )  3's  and  this  past  year  he  allowed  RR  to  brood  for  6  weeks  which  cost  us  HCA.  I  would  have  replaced  DA  and  DOC  but  of  course  that's  not  gonna  happen.  I  would  make  every  attempt  to  sign  CP3  and  DeAndre  Jordan.  I  would  keep  Green  and  West, if  possible.  However, everyone  would  be  available  for  a  trade, except  PP  and  KG.  I  don't  see  the  Celts  trading  RR  and  that's  unfortunate.  The  2011-12  season  does  not  look  promising  with  the  likes  of  the  Bulls, Heat  and  an  improved  Knick  team.  However, we  can  always  HOPE.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

jordan could be had for 4/20m

on another note, im still pissed at rivers for calling the fadeway buzzer with pierce in game 4.  cant he call a play down low with kg or a 12' jumper by ray, the whole league knows we go 34 when the game is on the line...almost like 34 cries if he doesnt get the ball at the end

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

[QUOTE]jordan could be had for 4/20m on another note, im still pissed at rivers for calling the fadeway buzzer with pierce in game 4.  cant he call a play down low with kg or a 12' jumper by ray, the whole league knows we go 34 when the game is on the line...almost like 34 cries if he doesnt get the ball at the end
    Posted by bruinsGENIUS[/QUOTE]

Ray blew that one. When he didn't get open to his liking on the first "brush" screen, he thought he had time to go back for a repeat. KG stopped going to where he was supposed to and tried to accomodate Ray. They got tangled on the 2nd try. KG was supposed to head up high and to pick and roll with Pierce, giving them the key area while the rest, including Ray, were spaced out in 3 pt. land.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ftld0. Show ftld0's posts

for center maybe solomon alabi. even though he has hepatitis b or somthing like that all he does is rebound and block shots. you schould of seen Florida state universitys defense with him the bernard parrish the guy is a crazy at defence and chris singleton (i wouldn't mind drafting him if he falls to us cuz he was the best defender in the nation the past 3 years) 

Sections
Shortcuts