Celts passed on Oden for.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolfamily66. Show coolfamily66's posts

Celts passed on Oden for.....

www.yardbarker.com/nba/article_external/celtics_passed_on_oden_for_brazillian_center14183951

Celts passed up oden for Victor? What does everyone think? Good or Bad?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Re: Celts passed on Oden for.....

That assumes we had any reasonable chance of getting Oden.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Good.  I know they have doctor that check out guys but one would like to see Oden even be able to play one game of basketball again first.  Historically, one micro-fracture surgery is almost 50/50 that one can come back from it.  Oden had many and several other kinds on top of those.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

What? A serious question? You Kidding?

Who in their right mind would waste their time and $$$ on Oden......he's lost resources no matter how you view it...

Fav might end up being quite sucatacious, but he'll be around longer, and play more games than Oden will....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

It's Vitor, not Victor.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jonrob777. Show jonrob777's posts

In response to chris33's comment:

It's Vitor, not Victor.

The pronunciation is the same in portuguese, with or without the "c".

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

In response to nyjetssuc's comment:

Fav might end up being quite sucatacious, but he'll be around longer, and play more games than Oden will....

your probably right

Odon plays 5 game

Fav the brazilian- maybe 50

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

The point of the VF signing is that they need minutes at the 5 and they didn't have a lot of $ to spare.  If this guy can play play a lick and gobble up minutes, he's the perfect stopgap centre who can hold the fort until Ainge figures out his rebuilding strategy. 

Plus, the surgery Oden had is far from a sure thing recovery-wise.  He'd be much better off on a contender where he can provide limited minutes than on a team starved for size at the 5 and where he'd actually be relied upon.  Plus, playing on a contender ups his exposure if he ever can get past his injuries. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

The point of the VF signing is that they need minutes at the 5 and they didn't have a lot of $ to spare.  If this guy can play play a lick and gobble up minutes, he's the perfect stopgap centre who can hold the fort until Ainge figures out his rebuilding strategy. 

Plus, the surgery Oden had is far from a sure thing recovery-wise.  He'd be much better off on a contender where he can provide limited minutes than on a team starved for size at the 5 and where he'd actually be relied upon.  Plus, playing on a contender ups his exposure if he ever can get past his injuries. 

I dont blame them for not being interested in Oden.

but I won;t be on any Fav bandwagon until I see some type of evendence , ANY TYPE of evedence that he can play in the NBA.

Maybe he will be the celtics starting center this year!

maybe make the all-rookie team.

perhaps all the other NBA teams that passed on him for what...SEVEN YEARS in Europe simply "missed" his NBA ability.

I HOPE so.....but I'll noy hold my breath that he'll be anything  more than an NBA scrub.

someone said on another post that Randolph may be the best big man on the roster right now. They just may be correct......which is a dmaning statement for just how big the void at center is on this team currently.

I still beleive that void will be filled by an additional player or two before the season starts, myself.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In response to kdp59's comment:

[QUOTE]

but I won;t be on any Fav bandwagon until I see some type of evendence , ANY TYPE of evedence that he can play in the NBA.

perhaps all the other NBA teams that passed on him for what...SEVEN YEARS in Europe simply "missed" his NBA ability.

I HOPE so.....but I'll noy hold my breath that he'll be anything  more than an NBA scrub.

someone said on another post that Randolph may be the best big man on the roster right now. They just may be correct......which is a dmaning statement for just how big the void at center is on this team currently.

I still beleive that void will be filled by an additional player or two before the season starts, myself.

[/QUOTE]

I hear you.  I am not on any VF bandwagon, I just think it's in their best interest to see what they have by playing VF and Melo next year as much as possible.  I'm hoping they develop the young guys as much as possible, which, coincidentally, helps them as far as being in the mix for a top lottery pick.  Next year is one big indoctrination to the NBA for the young guys and the coach.  Take your lumps and grow, and get yourself a decent lottery pick while you're at it. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

I hear you.  I am not on any VF bandwagon, I just think it's in their best interest to see what they have by playing VF and Melo next year as much as possible.  I'm hoping they develop the young guys as much as possible, which, coincidentally, helps them as far as being in the mix for a top lottery pick.  Next year is one big indoctrination to the NBA for the young guys and the coach.  Take your lumps and grow, and get yourself a decent lottery pick while you're at it. 

At this point I think, unless he starts channeling Wilt, Fab is going to spend yet another year in the minors and it may well be his last with the C's organization....it's kind of obvious that he still doesn't get it...having him on the C's taking a roster spot would be a waste of minutes they could use to develop one of the other young guys...at this point it looks like a wasted 1st rounder....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In response to nyjetssuc's comment:

At this point I think, unless he starts channeling Wilt, Fab is going to spend yet another year in the minors and it may well be his last with the C's organization....it's kind of obvious that he still doesn't get it...having him on the C's taking a roster spot would be a waste of minutes they could use to develop one of the other young guys...at this point it looks like a wasted 1st rounder....

When the GM who drafted you calls you a project with potential, I think I'll err on the side of giving him at least the length of his rookie deal before calling him a wasted pick. 

Sections
Shortcuts