Celts played sooo hard last night

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Celts played sooo hard last night

Paul and Kevin and Pietrus and just about all of them during the fourth quarter turned the clock back a couple of years and gave huge efforts.  They just willed the win.  They struggled because of the lack of a true NBA point but they made the difference up with heart.  They even got Ray some shots and he looked like the real Ray Allen for a few minutes.  Just for a few minutes they looked like the NBA champs. The lack of all around point and the missing inside threat will spell their doom, but I was just amazed at the huge effort last night.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Re: Celts played sooo hard last night

Wilcox brings a good inside presence.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Even nonchalant Rondo played with some ABrad-like zeal in 4th quarter spurts.... against a nearly dysfunctional Knick team.

Pud

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I noticed something last night about Rondo and Bradley.

During the games Rondo was out and even last night, the ball doesn't move as well and the offense gets stagnant when he's running it. He pounds the ball, pounds the ball and the shot clock ticks down. I saw it clearly last night.

When Bradley is in the game, the ball is moving and the offense flows better. It could be because Bradley isnt always looking to make the hero play. He doesn't look to score to much but the ball isn't in his hands as long as it is in Rondo's hands.

I'm not saying get rid of Rondo but I think with Bradley playing more the offense seems to flow better.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Rondo gets into the offense with about 15 seconds left. He is a great passer cause he sees the court well AND he passes to three hall of gamers to be who get open and score. Bradley gets over half court and passes to Paul with 20 seconds. Completely different offensive sets. Both effective when executed well.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Celts played sooo hard last night:
    I noticed something last night about Rondo and Bradley. During the games Rondo was out and even last night, the ball doesn't move as well and the offense gets stagnant when he's running it. He pounds the ball, pounds the ball and the shot clock ticks down. I saw it clearly last night. When Bradley is in the game, the ball is moving and the offense flows better. It could be because Bradley isnt always looking to make the hero play. He doesn't look to score to much but the ball isn't in his hands as long as it is in Rondo's hands. I'm not saying get rid of Rondo but I think with Bradley playing more the offense seems to flow better.
    Posted by BiasLewis

The ball moves much better with Bradley or even Moore in the game.

Not hero passes but simple, basic basketball 101 passes... that get everyone involved in the flow of the game.

And the floor is spaced better too, allowing for everyone to go to work and make plays/passes to the open man.

Rondo is fixated on standing back with ball in hand.... pounding, pounding, pounding.... and then collecting dimes.

Stagnant, predictable offense.

Pud 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Definitely a good win....even if it was against the porous Knicks.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Rondo gets into the offense with about 15 seconds left. He is a great passer cause he sees the court well AND he passes to three hall of gamers to be who get open and score. Bradley gets over half court and passes to Paul with 20 seconds. Completely different offensive sets. Both effective when executed well.
    Posted by futbal

Even in a win, folks just have to find ways to bash Rondo.  When he wasnt playing it was trade him.  Now that he's back and we win, it's still not enough.

AB is not ready to run the Celtics offense.  His passes are tentaive and shakey. No Rondo equals Paul ball, where the ball gets stick in his ISOs.  What's the difference?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from clappy. Show clappy's posts

Stop beating on Rondo, it's boring and repititive. He's just getting back from an injury layoff and is obviously rusty. I like Avery, too, but he isn't close to what Rondo is offensively. They were playing side by side for a while; interesting guard combo.
    P.S. Isn't Rondo more of a "pure" point guard than D.J. was?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In Response to Re: Celts played sooo hard last night : The ball moves much better with Bradley or even Moore in the game. Not hero passes but simple, basic basketball 101 passes... that get everyone involved in the flow of the game. And the floor is spaced better too, allowing for everyone to go to work and make plays/passes to the open man. Rondo is fixated on standing back with ball in hand.... pounding, pounding, pounding.... and then collecting dimes. Stagnant, predictable offense. Pud 
    Posted by puddinpuddin

and when he passes, he stays in the same spot most of the times...bradley quickly cuts after the pass

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Stop beating on Rondo, it's boring and repititive. He's just getting back from an injury layoff and is obviously rusty. I like Avery, too, but he isn't close to what Rondo is offensively. They were playing side by side for a while; interesting guard combo. P.S. Isn't Rondo more of a "pure" point guard than D.J. was?
    Posted by clappy

I think that Moore might be a more pure point than all the ones you mentioned.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

With JO and Ray back they had to play hard. Everybody else has to make up the difference.
    Posted by Kirk6

exactly...doc wont see it that way...he will say competition is getting stronger

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Posted by futbal

good point..but with that being said, rondos way is more predictable and the rock gets less touches

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Jeeze Louise, it was his first game back after two weeks. And call me crazy, but I'm thinking the offense will be better with the NBA's second-leading assist man in the lineup.

Sections
Shortcuts