Celts Sign Jarvis Varnado

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Re: Celts Sign Jarvis Varnado

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

In response to CHEisCHE's comment:

HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF JARVIS VARNADO IN THE CELTICS DISCUSSIONS...lately? Ainge knows --  the wannabe uninformed & has no idea what's on the mind of Mr. Ainge............ again !

Another leftover pick up - garbage in garbage out.

You're also such a ray of sunshine!

LOL! true...

Lets hope the kid can help us, and if he can, that Doc plays him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Per 36 mins, Sully is the Celts' best rebounder at 10.5 rpg.

I like Sullinger but he is slow rotating defensively. I think Bass and him are competing to see who is always late on the defensive end!!  I dont know anything about Jarvis Varnado but from the highlights, I even like him more than Steamer!! We will see..

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bt33. Show bt33's posts

i'm not knocking the pick-up because they need bodies and the big man situation is beyond desperate, but in the history of the D-league there have been about 15-20 moderate success stories (matt barnes, udoka, chris anderson, barea, sessions, lin etc.) so best to expect very little from a guy who is 24 and has zero nba experience. wasn't too far back people were projecting christmas, smith and others into the rotation. hope the kid proves to be a find (look at stiemsma, you never know), but the chances are not good. 

sullinger will be a player eventually because he is so fundamantally solid, but he's also lost on defense and has no idea where to find his offense other than garbage put backs. he takes charges well, and this will (like big baby) become a key to his defense, but he's also getting no help from the refs and he is obviously not a shot blocker of any sort. unlike big baby, he's already figured out he cannot challenge nba shot blockers with his limited offensive game, which current consists of put backs and fifteen foot set shots, because he's  6 "8" and can't jump a lick. though he has good hands, he's even missed some easy buckets because he's fumbled passes from rondo and I chalk this up to the game simply going too fast for him right now. his rebounding and smarts are excellent, however, and if he could ever stay out on the court I think you could chalk up 10 rebounds a game for him a night.   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to basketbert's comment:

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

In response to CHEisCHE's comment:

HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF JARVIS VARNADO IN THE CELTICS DISCUSSIONS...lately? Ainge knows --  the wannabe uninformed & has no idea what's on the mind of Mr. Ainge............ again !

Another leftover pick up - garbage in garbage out.

You're also such a ray of sunshine!

LOL! true...

Lets hope the kid can help us, and if he can, that Doc plays him.

I'm disappointed that he only weighs 210 lbs. A sneeze could push him off the block...

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

That's why I'm having a hard time understanding how Kirk could say Sully - 6-9, 260 lbs. - is undersized while Varnado - 6-9, 210 lbs. - is not undersized.

Kirk knows body postures - and you know copy & paste.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Hey, gentlemen, it's Christmas........................why don't we wait and see what the kid can do before we say he's too small!!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

"Seriously, I think you should see a doctor because you're showing signs of someone with dementia."

He'll call you names so he can win some stupid argument. He will not stop until he will get the last word. His last word is his measuring stick.

For me who gives....if 6-9 or less as long as it can deliver. Powe is short as Fierce d1ck, yet he can muscle any big banger in the middle....same as big baby. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Another leftover pick up - garbage in garbage out."

LOL - really good analysis Che. 

You may want to consider rooting for another team for a few years because you can't go out and get Lebron or Durant. Judging from your posts I'd think you were rooting for the worst team in the NBA, not a team that has been to a number of conference and NBA finals. OK, so we did leave a championship on the table maybe, the year Ainge stupidly traded Perk, but overall, it's been quite a good run. Do you know that? 

Negative is one thing, who cares, but bad analysis as well. It's not garbage in, it's making an adjustment when Wilcox is out for a month. So you go and get a guy who can play a role for you in the short term. It's that simple. Nothing to do with garbage. Every team has a bench, wake up!

I guarantee you Ainge will trade for a better big by the trading deadline. But you can't make that move yet. 

"For me who gives....if 6-9 or less as long as it can deliver. Powe is short as Fierce d1ck, yet he can muscle any big banger in the middle....same as big baby. "

Powe can't play anymore, he's not even in the league! As for baby you made me laugh and brought back memories of his shot getting slammed down in his grill again and again. 

At any rate those guys weren't available so we got who we got. 

Here's a crazy idea, how about waiting till the February trading deadline before passing judgement on this roster? Nevermind, that's impossible for you, you're way too high strung for that. 

Maybe someone will get you something nice for xmas. If not, think about all the great memories Ainge and Doc have given you in the playoffs!

Happy day everyone!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

So Bostonspanker yourself--do you know anything about Varnado? If you do educate us ...'cause I only heard him yesterday. The analysis I'm pointing was, Ainge always get's the low priority, then when the problem brewing, he has no choice except a leftover or seniors. That happened many many times from the past & present. Lee & Terry are a bust. He puts the money there.

Powe was just referenced  to this thread, even  a chopstix guy like me knows..he's cooked in the WOK.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

"Another leftover pick up - garbage in garbage out."

LOL - really good analysis Che. 

You may want to consider rooting for another team for a few years because you can't go out and get Lebron or Durant. Judging from your posts I'd think you were rooting for the worst team in the NBA, not a team that has been to a number of conference and NBA finals. OK, so we did leave a championship on the table maybe, the year Ainge stupidly traded Perk, but overall, it's been quite a good run. Do you know that? 

Negative is one thing, who cares, but bad analysis as well. It's not garbage in, it's making an adjustment when Wilcox is out for a month. So you go and get a guy who can play a role for you in the short term. It's that simple. Nothing to do with garbage. Every team has a bench, wake up!

I guarantee you Ainge will trade for a better big by the trading deadline. But you can't make that move yet. 

"For me who gives....if 6-9 or less as long as it can deliver. Powe is short as Fierce d1ck, yet he can muscle any big banger in the middle....same as big baby. "

Powe can't play anymore, he's not even in the league! As for baby you made me laugh and brought back memories of his shot getting slammed down in his grill again and again. 

At any rate those guys weren't available so we got who we got. 

Here's a crazy idea, how about waiting till the February trading deadline before passing judgement on this roster? Nevermind, that's impossible for you, you're way too high strung for that. 

Maybe someone will get you something nice for xmas. If not, think about all the great memories Ainge and Doc have given you in the playoffs!

Happy day everyone!

Well, we've seen enough of Bass over the last year and a half to know that Bass is not as good for this team as Baby.   We don't have to wait for Feb to determine that.    If we need rebounding, toughness, and defense - Baby is better.  He's a bigger head case but he's also a tougher player....which is what our defense needs.   Baby takes charges, plays better D on bigger players, plays post up D, and rebounds better than Bass.   Bass's jumper is better and he can dunk easier and that's all he has over BBD.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

I was hoping Rivers would put him in for the last minute.

He hasn't been put on the script for Doc yet!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

Kirk he did play for a minute and had 1 steal.  He was a plus 2.  FYI the only guy in the negative today was Collins. 4 rebounds in 13 minutes with 5 fouls.  I actually think he play a allright game.  His fouls,  all but one were at the basket.  He is using his fouls well. Throw out the meaninless stat.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

In response to kyceltic's comment:

Kirk he did play for a minute and had 1 steal.  He was a plus 2.  FYI the only guy in the negative today was Collins. 4 rebounds in 13 minutes with 5 fouls.  I actually think he play a allright game.  His fouls,  all but one were at the basket.  He is using his fouls well. Throw out the meaninless stat.

It's not a meaningless stat. It's a pretty good one.....

http://www.82games.com/1213/1213BOS.HTM

Maybe for a whole season,  yes,  game to game doesn't mean squat.  I have seen games where one player dominates the whole game,  teams win,  he is in the negative and his team mates are in the postive.   Yes meaningless game to game.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Collins sets a good tone early; he protects the darn rim! Everybody else feeds off that and next thing you know KG's playing a throw back game, Sully's pushing people around instead of getting pushed (as he did when Doc benched him last time they played Brooklyn), etc. Rondo's transition three that got the lead back up was something that if he can hit that with regularity makes him an MVP potential player (hitting key shots in crunch time). Doc switched Rondo and CPP's roles (Rondo scorer, Paul point forward), so more kudos to the coaches for coming in with a real plan to win. Rondo's big offensive rebound when he soared over Joe Johnson or whatever taller player was around him was classic; good to see he still can leap when needed. Rondo also took some charges late in the game. So, kudos to Rondo for stepping up big time in crunch time. Big team win; by far the best I've seen the Celtics play mainly because the defense was finally working. Great start to a big road trip. Definately look for the Celtics to compete well against the Clippers, the hottest team in the NBA right now.

Sections
Shortcuts