Celts Sign Jarvis Varnado

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: Celts Sign Jarvis Varnado

In response to Kirk6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He's only 6-9, Kirk. 

Will you be happy if Doc uses him as a Center?

[/QUOTE]

Bill Russell was only 6-9.

Will you ever be happy?

[/QUOTE]

question of the milennia right there. 

i wonder what they saw in varnado that they didn't see in melo at this point- just wondering, not sad or not-happy.  but wondering why we did not choose length plus blocks stats over 6-9 guy

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to OneOnOne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Because   some players play bigger than their size and some play smaller.  Example- Jeff Green.

[/QUOTE]

That's true but "undersized" is not the right word.

Kirk keeps saying Sully is undersized at 6-9.

Sully is undersized? Really?

[/QUOTE]

Sullinger is 6'7" and three quarters...measured at the combine.

And I said he is an undersized center....which he is.

Will you ever be happy?

[/QUOTE]

facts + fierce never seem to add up to "happy".  he has his own facts, when combined with obsessive compulsive disorders of varying natures and severities, adds up to 352,769 posts on the board telling people how wrong they are. 

and if he can't win in reality then he will address sub aspects of your sentence structure so he can make a point and ring his little "yay!" bell in his hamster cage there in the basement of you know where.

sullinger is undersized just as powe was, davis was and just as bass is, just as fortson was and so on and so on.  and ground bound players can be undersized if they posess height yet not rise.  sullinger has neither in astonishing amounts.  i like his game but he IS undersized.  facts....  is facts. 

okay, fierce's turn to tell me that i am going to buy weapons and go harm someone just because there is a disagreement- he will become unhappy and paint me as an aspiring mass murderer.  the mind of a lilliputian.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to CHEisCHE's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That's why I'm having a hard time understanding how Kirk could say Sully - 6-9, 260 lbs. - is undersized while Varnado - 6-9, 210 lbs. - is not undersized.

Kirk knows body postures - and you know copy & paste.

[/QUOTE]

Even on Christmas day you're still full of hate.

Seriously, CHE, what happened to you?

Were you abused when you were a child?

[/QUOTE]

I think you just described yourself.

[/QUOTE]

++++++

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

[QUOTE]

WojYahooNBA Varnado will sign with Celtics on Monday in Boston. At 6-foot-9, Varnado's averaged 14 points, 10 rebounds and 3.9 blocks in Sioux Falls.

WojYahooNBA In the short term, Varnado gives the Celtics an active rebounding and shot-blocking presence off the bench.

[/QUOTE]

Good addition for Celtics.  Will produce positive results given an opportunity.  Always liked his game built on hustle and hard work.

As Always,

CELTICS RULE THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JamLock

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Highlights.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiUU-RcE_2g

[/QUOTE]

this guy knows how to block shots- notice how 90% or more of his blocks are not for show to smash the air out of the ball into the 9th row but 90% of his blocks stay IN BOUNDS with at least half of them being picked up by his own team.  that's how russell used to do it.

so what is this kid on the outside- the next "Bo Outlaw" waiting to happen?  it wouldn't take much to be more coordinated than Bo was. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]

And acie, you don't get your facts right, that's a fact! Remember when you thought Gortat was getting 9m per year?

[/QUOTE]

wait- you said "nobody knows his value for sure"- i thought it was 7.3 this year and 7.7 the next?  what are his numbers on a GOOD TEAM with GOOD TEAMATES.  hunks of crap can spew out 15 and 10 on basement teams and then encounter the venerable "dennis hopson" effect coming to a real team.....  

and what with doc ribbers' proclivities to strip CONSISTENT roles away from players who come to the green (bass, JEFF GREEN, JASON TERRY, COURNEY LEE, jerLame O'neal, ???? who else), you never know what gortat in BOS has to hold for him.  if he gets no looks we'd be just as good with an unskilled mauler.....

someone even just suggested we get DeMucus cousins and tyreke the (rather inaccurate) gunner evans in a trade from SAC.  i realize we're desperate and all but..............

any trade that does not loose us of bass and put KG soundly back at the 4 is not a success.

and anyone who thinks varnado is not undersized at 6-9 is nuts.  he's the spitting image of a bo outlaw type of ****NBA**** player (regardless of college or d-league accomplishments), wingspan or not. 

they say corey brewer has 7-3 wingspan, and he weighs one pound of concrete, doesn't make him a 4.  just like it doesn't make varnado a decent 5.  he might pan into some sort of a role player 5, but if you're bumped on the jump at 6-9 210 then that doesn't mean you fly like an eagle now, does it?

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]

acie

Here's one of the posts where you thought Gortat had a HUGE CONTRACT!

Re: Boston Celtics to propose trade for center Marcin Gortat!

posted at 12/04/2012 08:38:54 EST

• aciemvp
    • First: 03/07/2008
    • Last: 12/26/2012

Marcin Gortat?  really!  yeah, now that he's got a HUGE CONTRACT, we'll trade away too much un-realized potential to get gortat at 7 or 8M a year with many years left on his deal.  why is it that ainge is completely unable to obtain and develop any talent at the 5??  teams ARE out there doing it.  darko was benched last year after putting up 8 and 6 with 2 blocks in 24 mins a night in favor of a DIFFERENT russian who was bigger and better!

and somehow we are so uninspiring for darko that he just leaves the league.  let alone the very idea of digging into overseas talent evaluation and GETTING ourselves one of these big men who are popping up all over the league from the eastern block.

yeah, let's trade some high draft picks along with something that we'll definitley need for the paid-in-full in both years and $ / year gortat.  dumb move.

[/QUOTE]

you're right fierce- i thought the suns signed him to a contract extension.  i was wrong. 

so anyway, why do you say "it's hard to know what he's worth"? when we know what his cap numbers are?  tell us qui queg!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

whoever said this kid knows copy/paste down to the last <CTRL> <V> is right!!  he's damn good!  now let's see if he can talk his way out of declaring gortat a KNOWN VALUE and then a "HARD TO KNOW WHAT HE"S WORTH" value- i'm sure he has it all buttoned up though.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to cabutan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Whats gortats value right now?

[/QUOTE]

No one knows for sure. But if the Suns keep losing, getting Gortat will be easier.

[/QUOTE]

one's value, in the new beautyfull salary crap system, is tied in $$ to what one's salary is, not all that subjective.  the subjective question is what USE would gortat be under dokk ribbers, a man who just iced milicic back to the old country with zero PT.  yes, gortat is better than danko, but nobody in the organization has broached the topic of why darko rode pine so voraciously after showing basic rebounding / banging functionality in the pre season.

with doc's fatwah to bass to "not post up", what good is any post player who wants to be more than accidental mop up points like sullinger?  (and eventually sullinger would wan tto be more than that, and history will repeat itself if doc is still coach).   would doc let gortat go into the post?  seems to be that KG, advanced age and all has a lock on all the post looks for this team suddenly-  it wasn't true when other players were here who had some post ability but now it is true with bass??

when it boils down to it- you can trade salary cap poker chips around all you want and with rivers at the helm of an age-deteriorating team, it's likely not to work out well.  nothing has so far.  bigger dem chips, the bigger the mistakes when gortat gets no looks and/or walks as a F/A.

doc can't always hide behind the lame excuse of "every night one or two guys don't do their job" crap if he's the guy who's playing musical chairs with everyone's minutes every night, can he?  only the dimmest of suckers will fall for that line.  i say keep it cheap with vornado and melo and the big move you can make is get rid of bass and get something that is better or hypnotize doc into allowing bass to play an all around game. 

kg is old yet remains very versatile.  if he sees a spark of SOMETHING to help him out in the middle, instead of being resigned to finishing his career as becoming cheap dunk bait in the league, he might just come to life again and pump new life into a melo or a vornado or run a 3 man 4/5 committee of sullinger/varnado/melo.

but whatever it's going to be, they might as well get working on it so doc the non-integrator can work his 'magic'

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to aciemvp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

one's value, in the new beautyfull salary crap system, is tied in $$ to what one's salary is, not all that subjective.  the subjective question is what USE would gortat be under dokk ribbers, a man who just iced milicic back to the old country with zero PT.  yes, gortat is better than danko, but nobody in the organization has broached the topic of why darko rode pine so voraciously after showing basic rebounding / banging functionality in the pre season.

[/QUOTE]

acie

Anyone with an average brain can distinguish trade value from actual salary cap value. We already discussed Gortat's contract in another thread, right?

Again, Gortat will get 7.2m this season and 7.7m next season. 

But cabutan didn't ask for Gortat's salary. He was asking what it would take to get Gortat. Is that so hard to understand?

[/QUOTE]

i see.  generalisms are ok to fit your arguement but used against me and everyone else whenever possible. check.  you're a five sided coin fiarce34.  15,000+ posts trying to rub your crap in people's faces. classy!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Looks like Ainge will not be making trades at least until Jan. 15.

... OK do you thing and edit the post...

Sections
Shortcuts