Celts Sign Pavlovic for Depth

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: Celts Sign Pavlovic for Depth

Would rather have Murphy or Powe, but.........I wonder if this means they are not as high on Moore as we thought.

Crawford is still out there - 3 mill?  I read the Knicks can only offer him 2.5!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

In Response to Celts Sign Pavlovic for Depth:
    ESPNSteinLine  Latest word emanating from Boston that Celtics are re-signing Sasha Pavlovic on a one-year deal for depth. Should be official soon 29 minutes ago  ·  reply  ·  retweet  ·  favorite Ugh!
    Posted by Fiercest34

Seriously? What a let down to go from West to Sasha in just a matter of hours.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenaboveGold. Show GreenaboveGold's posts

good, we need at least 3 players at each position, we got 3 pgs, 3 SGs 3 PFs(4 if you count wilcox but he should play more Center than PF for us), now we just added another SF so that's 3. now just a center. plus he has good D

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Not bad but why Pavlovic over Delonte?  Pavlovic if he plays, can be a good defender. We all know Rivers wont play him anyways...

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

token

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

In Response to Re: Celts Sign Pavlovic for Depth:
    In Response to Re: Celts Sign Pavlovic for Depth : Money. Delonte would cost more.
    Posted by Fiercest34

It also comes down to years.  Only one year deals to fill out the roster unless a big deal pops up or a FA agent opts for lesser money (like it looked like David West would).  One year deals to put us in a position either at the trade deadline this year or more likely next years FA market.  They are in a tough position where they still have a small window but are also looking to next years $$$ coming off the books.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The group brought in last year other than Wafer was a complete disaster. Looking at Jon and to a lesser extent Sasha this is going to lead us on a downhill trajectory this year.  After all the excitement the last few days the reality of who we are as a team is a downer at the moment.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Celts Sign Pavlovic for Depth":
    In Response to Re: Celts Sign Pavlovic for Depth : maybe that is the plan............the draft next year is suppose to be really deep........so if we don't make the playoffs we hopefully get a great pick.......not sure but I think we may have 2 picks in the first round next year....and then we have lots of cap space.........so a shortened season.......not making the playoffs may be a good thing looking down the road...... Posted by damfuno
    Let's not go overboard now. No way the C's don't make the playoffs. C's likely to have a top 10 record so our own draft choice won't be great. The one we'll get from the Clippers is likely to be better. Danny may even package them together and go higher.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Damfuno,
    You may be right but that was not the reality the last few days as all the Paul, Howard and David West talk came about.  To be looking at the draft after the last four years is going to shock a lot of fans with high expectations and Doc resigning.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Celts Sign Pavlovic for Depth : I wouldn't bet the house........there are too many back to backs and too many games in the shortened season........add that to the fact that Rivers doesn't play rookies and/or people who don't know the system causing him to wear down the old legs of the big 3..........I hope they make the playoffs but I definitely wouldn't be the house ......and if they don't .......the draft is deep and we have 2 first round draft picks......
    Posted by damfuno

Note to all - IF the rookies are any good, Doc will play them!!  You people need to lay off this untruth, it's getting really annoying!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Celts Sign Pavlovic for Depth : I wouldn't bet the house........there are too many back to backs and too many games in the shortened season........add that to the fact that Rivers doesn't play rookies and/or people who don't know the system causing him to wear down the old legs of the big 3..........I hope they make the playoffs but I definitely wouldn't be the house ......and if they don't .......the draft is deep and we have 2 first round draft picks......
    Posted by damfuno

Doc doesn't play rookies and young players who don't play D.  But, because the players are older, he will have to play the young guys.  Look at Rondo, Gomes, Delonte, Perk, Al Jefferson and even Green who dropped out of the league .....all of whom got SIGNIFICANT playing time in their first couple of years.   Bradley, Walker, Giddens, Luke, etc were not players worthy of playing time.  Moore might not see time but Johnson will be on the floor this year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Oh well!  This is a let down after the excitement of David West.  This is just a practice body.  Not somebody who will make a difference.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

I LIKE IT !

Sasha is a good player, I like him coming back...

Remember there are 15 roster spots

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Not bad but why Pavlovic over Delonte?  Pavlovic if he plays, can be a good defender. We all know Rivers wont play him anyways...
    Posted by cabutan

Bingo!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: Celts Sign Pavlovic for Depth : Note to all - IF the rookies are any good, Doc will play them!!  You people need to lay off this untruth, it's getting really annoying!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

The point many are making is Doc has not reduced minutes to his starters, as he's promised to do the last several years, no matter how well a rookie or anyone else else off the bench is playing.

Ive pointed out many, many instances where Quis or a number of other players were having great games, were sent to the bench and never seen again the rest of the way.  Perfect time to reduce some minutes to the old guys but Doc apparently has some script he lives by...I dont know. Never made any sense to me

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Last years second unit was not that bad, could Doc be held responsible for their performance to some degree, he has trouble coaching past the big 3 period.  Jeff Green and Brandon Bass need to be big parts of this team and that takes some patience and major minutes and a coach that can motivate, I am not saying Doc can not do it, I am saying that lately he has not been able to do it.  WE could have used Delonte West.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Celts Sign Pavlovic for Depth : The point many are making is Doc has not reduced minutes to his starters, as he's promised to do the last several years, no matter how well a rookie or anyone else else off the bench is playing. Ive pointed out many, many instances where Quis or a number of other players were having great games, were sent to the bench and never seen again the rest of the way.  Perfect time to reduce some minutes to the old guys but Doc apparently has some script he lives by...I dont know. Never made any sense to me
    Posted by Karllost

Disagree - people write in plain English - "Doc doesn't play rookies."  That is not true!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Last years second unit was not that bad, could Doc be held responsible for their performance to some degree, he has trouble coaching past the big 3 period.  Jeff Green and Brandon Bass need to be big parts of this team and that takes some patience and major minutes and a coach that can motivate, I am not saying Doc can not do it, I am saying that lately he has not been able to do it.  WE could have used Delonte West.
    Posted by maryngary

You mean Delonte, who was often hurt, Nate Robinson, who is out of a job, Daniels, who got hurt, Fat Baby and Krstic, who is playing in Russia?  THAT bench?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Danny better pull that offer off the table and offer that to Rip Hamilton.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Danny better pull that offer off the table and offer that to Rip Hamilton.
    Posted by Petey62

Some sort of sign and trade to get Rip?  I like it!

Sections
Shortcuts