Celts Sign Ryan Hollins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Re: Looks like it's Going to be Ryan Hollins

In Response to Re: Looks like it's Going to be Ryan Hollins:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Looks like it's Going to be Ryan Hollins : So what did Doc Rivers say about Hollins?  Ryan Hollins is not even a Celtic yet! Ha Ha
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

i didnt make the thread, just commented on it. but Doc DID say whoever he gets is gunna get thrown into the fire, with or without practice time.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Looks like it's Going to be Ryan Hollins : I never said Rondo would be traded for Pau Gasol. All I said was I want Rondo traded for Pau Gasol.  Lies? Please, Jamez, I'm not a liar like you. But you can shut me up if you provide the post where I said Rondo is going to be traded for Pau Gasol. Remember, Jamez, you said Rondo was shooting better this year compared to last year. You even provided the link. Unfortunately your own link made a liar out of you. Ha Ha

Re: They Don't Want to Build Around Him

posted at 3/1/2012 12:04 PM EST
    First: 3/24/2011
    Last: 3/22/2012
    In Response to Re: They Don't Want to Build Around Him:
    In Response to Re: They Don't Want to Build Around Him : you want him to average 6 points in the 4th quarter???
    Posted by JamezHill24

Just don't cry when Rondo gets traded.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

THATS JUST ONE. i dont have time to go thru the archives to find all the times you said something, but everyone knows. you made no less than 15 posts claiming rondo would be traded. its cool, bro.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

everyone remember when Fierce said:

"Can't wait for that historic moment when Jimmy Buss will say, "We got him."

HAHAHAHA

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Looks like it's Going to be Ryan Hollins : I thought you said I said Rondo was going to be traded for Pau Gasol? What gives? Jamez, Rondo is safe for now because teams can't make trades anymore. But after the season Ainge can trade Rondo. If the Celt's ownership and management don't think the Celts can build around Rondo then they might trade him on draft night.

you said "just dont cry WHEN rondo gets traded. insinuating that you thought he was going to be traded. and we were talking about Pau Gasol at the time.

in your own words, "dont be stupid all the time fierce."

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

[QUOTE]He will get manhandled by bigger centers.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

There are few big centers in the nba,Bynun and Howard,the rest are more of a power fprward.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Looks like it's Going to be Ryan Hollins : So you're now manipulating the facts?  First you said I said Rondo is going to be traded for Pau Gasol. Then you used your "crying" to merge the two topics. Seriously, Jamez, my saying that don't cry when Rondo gets traded is not the same as Rondo is going to be traded for Pau Gasol. You're a wingnut now? Come on, Jamez, I didn't know you were also a straw man. Ha Ha 

what are you saying? are you scrambling for an explanation? are you flying back into the archives to delete posts? its pretty obvious..YOU made the post. in the post you spoke about Rondo being traded to LA for Pau Gasol. i made a comment saying it shouldnt happen and why, and you responded by saying "dont cry WHEN he is traded." what does WHEN mean? if you said IF, it means your not sure. saying WHEN means that you were saying he indeed WOULD be traded. 

i mean, i know im in grad school but this isnt rocket science. you lost. plain and simple. deal with it. 

you need a life man. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stackgtr. Show stackgtr's posts

Ok I've checked out the youtube link, then I watched another one of his highlight mixes. What I saw was, he's young, atheletic, and has good hands. When he is down low in the paint, he catches and immediately attacks the basket.

Although he is a little thin. He is long and fast for a center, it seems on a fast break you can throw the lob pass whether he is guarded or not and he will either finish or get to the foul line. He can definitely be a shot blocker. To me he is steimsma with more experience.

One thing that caught my eye was that, I seen a clip of him dunkin on Al Jefferson when he was a Celtic so apparently he has been in the league a little longer than i thought which then i ask.... Why hasnt he put on weight and bulked up yet?? and why isnt he as consistent as he should be, by now?? Can he get any bigger?? Will the influence of KG help?? or is he just who he is and will always be??

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]He will get manhandled by bigger centers.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

exactly.  how many 7 foot euros are there in the league and we've gotten none since stinko vrankovic in 87?  these are big hulking guys who go 275 or more.  not going to get pushed around. 

we need something over 250 or it's just a waste of time.  that guy in minnesota- their current starting center- how many more of them are in russia and why can't danny find us one?  just sayin.  the big man game is down but you need at least a strong stopper on D to go deep in the playoffs. 

we don't have anyone who's strong or a stopper at the 5.  hollins won't change that

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

[QUOTE]Stiemsma is better.  Exactlly.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

[QUOTE]Ok I've checked out the youtube link, then I watched another one of his highlight mixes. What I saw was, he's young, atheletic, and has good hands. When he is down low in the paint, he catches and immediately attacks the basket. Although he is a little thin. He is long and fast for a center, it seems on a fast break you can throw the lob pass whether he is guarded or not and he will either finish or get to the foul line. He can definitely be a shot blocker. To me he is steimsma with more experience. One thing that caught my eye was that, I seen a clip of him dunkin on Al Jefferson when he was a Celtic so apparently he has been in the league a little longer than i thought which then i ask.... Why hasnt he put on weight and bulked up yet?? and why isnt he as consistent as he should be, by now?? Can he get any bigger?? Will the influence of KG help?? or is he just who he is and will always be??  Rondo should transform him in to a near allstar.
    Posted by stackgtr[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TOMAA99999. Show TOMAA99999's posts

Ryan who????   Don't know much about him but he doesn't rebound.  Thus useless.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Considering the need this a pathetic get.  I think Fierce is right on this that Danny is throwing in the towel for the season.  The big 3 are game but old and exhausted.

If you were going to keep them for a run why not make a move before the All Star break. Maybe Ainge has figured that standing pat suits him for rebuilding I just don't understand it.  I think the Perkins debacle hangs over Ainge and inhibited him this season.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]Jamez:    you want him to average 6 points in the 4th quarter??? Fierce:   Just don't cry when Rondo gets traded. Where's the Gasol in that conversation, Jamez? Nice try, Jamez, but I think you need to finish grad school first before you can pull off a stunt like that. Ha Ha

WOW! Fierce, Jamez, you two need to get a room! Sound like husband and wife here. OK, Fierce, Jamez is right. You have made proclamations that Rondo would be traded with your own artificially implemented deadlines which coincide with the NBA's...DIDN'T HAPPEN! Jamez, that is what these discussions are all about; OUR PERSONAL THOUGHTS AND DESIRES for the Celtics. You are both right to an extent, so stop denying the other's accusations. Now then, you both bring excellent points to these boards, so please stop boring all of us with your personal attacks on eachother, please? So.......Rondo isn't going anywhere now or during the draft. The Celtics' strategy leading up to it will be to build around him. Waiting for the draft night to change directions would be an absolute devastation to the next 5-10 years for the Celtics. Period......

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Looks like it's Going to be Ryan Hollins : exactly.  how many 7 foot euros are there in the league and we've gotten none since stinko vrankovic in 87?  these are big hulking guys who go 275 or more.  not going to get pushed around.  we need something over 250 or it's just a waste of time.  that guy in minnesota- their current starting center- how many more of them are in russia and why can't danny find us one?  just sayin.  the big man game is down but you need at least a strong stopper on D to go deep in the playoffs.  we don't have anyone who's strong or a stopper at the 5.  hollins won't change that
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

where ya been dude?

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

How bad are things in the Celtics world?  We have two threads on Ryan Hollins.

This is where we are.  We added Ryan Hollins.   Unless Ponce De Leon is the new Celtics fitness advisor this team has the bleakest of outlooks for the remainder of the season.

Sections
Shortcuts