Celts Sign Ryan Hollins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Re: Looks like it's Going to be Ryan Hollins

First you said I said Rondo is going to be traded for Pau Gasol. Then you used your "crying" to merge the two topics. Seriously, Jamez, my saying that don't cry when Rondo gets traded is not the same as Rondo is going to be traded for Pau Gasol. You're a wingnut now?

Are you going to deny you predicted a Celtics loss in Atlanta too?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

We can argue all day about who's good and bad, but whoever we get is one injury away from playing serious minutes.

Yeah, they will play, be it hollins or fesenko or whomever they get.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

Re: Celts Sign Ryan Hollins

Hollins???? (shudder)

Feel that? That's every other team in the NBA now afraid to face the wrath of the Celtic bigs!

Laughing

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Looks like it's Going to be Ryan Hollins:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Looks like it's Going to be Ryan Hollins :   WOW! Fierce, Jamez, you two need to get a room! Sound like husband and wife here. OK, Fierce, Jamez is right. You have made proclamations that Rondo would be traded with your own artificially implemented deadlines which coincide with the NBA's...DIDN'T HAPPEN! Jamez, that is what these discussions are all about; OUR PERSONAL THOUGHTS AND DESIRES for the Celtics. You are both right to an extent, so stop denying the other's accusations. Now then, you both bring excellent points to these boards, so please stop boring all of us with your personal attacks on eachother, please? So.......Rondo isn't going anywhere now or during the draft. The Celtics' strategy leading up to it will be to build around him. Waiting for the draft night to change directions would be an absolute devastation to the next 5-10 years for the Celtics. Period......
    Posted by RallyC[/QUOTE]

haha your right, the real reason why i do this is bc i find it fascinating that a 40-50 yr old man can sit on the computer all day and argue with someone on a Celtics forum..hahahaha

but yea, im nvr goind to have a problem with someone posting someone, Fierce just lied about not ever saying Rondo was going to be traded, bc he said it many many times. i guess its dumb to even argue with him, everyone on this board knows what he did, i dont need to say nething. Thanks for the compliment Rally.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]How bad are things in the Celtics world?  We have two threads on Ryan Hollins. This is where we are.  We added Ryan Hollins.   Unless Ponce De Leon is the new Celtics fitness advisor this team has the bleakest of outlooks for the remainder of the season.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Exactly why we need to be realistic in out approach and our posts.  No one wants us to lose - but we probably will lose most of our remaining games - I think it's okay to talk about the lottery, because it's realistic.  I would also love to talk about making the Finals....................IF it becomes more realistic!!

Basically, we need to win the Division!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

deal not done yet.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Kevin Garnett and KG are the ones who pushed DA to sign Hollins, played with him this summer and liked his game..maybe he will fit in well with us.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

I think this guy and Rondo could play very well together as well..the guy likes to run and Rondo plays his best when he is running and moving...lets see some running and some excitement back!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]Who?
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE] That would be a double,  WHO , WHO !!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

In Response to Re: Celts Sign Ryan Hollins:
    [QUOTE]deal not done yet.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

Definitely not done yet.... Dallas just dropped Williams and is reportedly after Hollins.... If that ink aint dry on the Cs contract then he could be headed to someplace a lot warmer  .....and with a chance to win!  what you you do??

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Fierce just lied about not ever saying Rondo was going to be traded, bc he said it many many times.

Fierce's copout is that saying Rondo will be traded doesn't mean Rondo will be traded right away, or by a certain deadline. Even though he implied otherwise, Fierce technically has until Rondo retires to be made correct. Maybe even later than that, if Rondo becomes an executive in his post-playing career and gets traded like Theo Epstein. Check back in with Fierce in 2050.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

[QUOTE]Stiemsma is better.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

And that's pathetic.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celts Sign Ryan Hollins : Definitely not done yet.... Dallas just dropped Williams and is reportedly after Hollins.... If that ink aint dry on the Cs contract then he could be headed to someplace a lot warmer  .....and with a chance to win!  what you you do??
    Posted by CASox[/QUOTE]

Gary Washburn just said that Hollins will be a Celtic by tonight...hopefully that means hes a physical away.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

It could be worse, we could have signed this guy...yikes..he makes the Wizards guys look mature....no wonder Mavs released  him...don't bite Danny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKF1kyY3qJI

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Looks like it's Going to be Ryan Hollins : Or Stiemsma.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

What do you have a ...male crush on this Stiemsma? He's had his chances and we are still getting killed on the boards.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Looks like it's Going to be Ryan Hollins : exactly.  how many 7 foot euros are there in the league and we've gotten none since stinko vrankovic in 87?  these are big hulking guys who go 275 or more.  not going to get pushed around.  we need something over 250 or it's just a waste of time.  that guy in minnesota- their current starting center- how many more of them are in russia and why can't danny find us one?  just sayin.  the big man game is down but you need at least a strong stopper on D to go deep in the playoffs.  we don't have anyone who's strong or a stopper at the 5.  hollins won't change that
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]
    Yeah...that's just what this team needs....another plodder!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]I think this guy and Rondo could play very well together as well..the guy likes to run and Rondo plays his best when he is running and moving...lets see some running and some excitement back!
    Posted by cabutan[/QUOTE]The clip that I saw on TV would concur to that.....  Rollins could help cover-up the lack of Rondos outside shooting by providing a safty/dump valve as well as garbage off the rim !!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Looks like it's Going to be Ryan Hollins : Stop lying, Jamez! I never told anybody my age here. What I said was I want Rondo traded. Did I predict Rondo will be traded? If so then show the post where I said that.  There's a difference between wanting and predicting.  Rondo is shooting better this year compared to last year? How did that work out for you?
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Come on Fierce, Jamez is only "speculating" what your age is. Just like when you "speculate" that Rondo is going to be traded before March 15. Why anybody gotta be a "liar" here? I get the "Rondo is shooting better this year" sentiment. Even though his FG% doesn't show it, the timlieness of his made shots has improved drastically. Prior years, his poor shooting would kill Celtic runs and stop momentum on a regular basis. This year, however, it apears that his shots are falling during critical times of the games and are actually helping to change/carry momentum for the C's. I HATE NBA MILIONAIRES WHO CAN'T SHOOT TOO! I wanted to see RR moved before the dealine also...BUT, He appears to be maturing into what we need to take us into the future. There is no denying that since the break and even during all the trade rumors, he has shown us who he really can be. He is becoming more consistant before our very eyes. Great BASKETBALL players can compensate for their weaknessess with other strengths that help make them GREAT. RR is an incredibly fast/quick PG with amazing agility, rebounding skills, court vision, and an "edge" that sets him apart from may others. I drank the cool aid when DA decided to stick with him because I saw with my own eyes that RR was tough enough to handle playing at an increased level despite all of the ridicule and trade speculation now too. He is growing up, and we need to take advantage of the time and investment that we put into this guy. WE DESERVE HIS BEST YEARS and they are still to come. Fierce, I feel ya. BUT, I can also tell that you are a passionate C's fan with lots of NBA knowledge. Don't let being wrong about RR being traded jade you to the facts. This kid is our future and is more than capable and deserving of being given the chance by us fans who most love the C's. Question is, "Who we gonna give him this off season to help get OUR trophy back?" Yours, Jamez's, Bill's, Petey's, etc. insights all mean something to me! Keep hope alive, man.....Mad respect to you.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brawny27. Show Brawny27's posts

In response to "Re: Looks like it's Going to be Ryan Hollins": [QUOTE]gotta hope KG can bring the best out of him..he doesnt even have to do nething on offense, just play d, grab boards and run the floor. Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE] I agree if he does those things he is just what we need!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

steimsma is BETTER than hollins.. i want the kid to continue in the rotation!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

by cutting wilcox, we can't sign him for next season. y didnt they just cut jermaine o'neal? do they plan on bringing him back or is it that wilcox will be gone for all of the year?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Maybe because the expiring contract can be used?  Heck I don't know...don't really understand the nuts and bolts of nba salaries.

Don't be surprised or upset if it looks like hollins is playing over the steamer.  I imagine doc will want to get him used to the system and I think greg needs to rest a couple of nicks.  I'm sure as the season end approaches, greg will be 3rd in the depth chart.

24. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts