Celts Still Talking Rondo Trade?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

Re: Celts Still Talking Rondo Trade?

I don't see it being the Suns. It would definitely not be a straight up trade for Nash and there's nobody else there the C's could really use, unless Danny sees something in the lesser Lopez at C. As for the Lakers, If Rondo goes there, he definitely helps them. They are weak at PG and if Bynum can hold up for a whole season, then they might be better than now. But how would that really help the C's...sure they get better in the frontcourt, but they're left in the same boat LA is in now with no PG. Dooling is nowhere near as capable, and Moore and Avery are SGs.

So, in my eyes, that leaves the three Texas teams. The Rockets, after losing out to Gasol, are desperate to make a trade, and they have a lot of solid players. but they are weak at C and if the Cs are trading away Rondo I think that's what they'd want back, along with a playable PG (which the Rockets do have in Flynn).

The Spurs have been vocal about being willing to trade Tony Parker, but again Duncan is their only real C and those two contracts are way too much.

Which brings us to Dallas. They've been active, and are trying to bridge to the future. They only have Kidd on the roster as a PG, and he's no spring chicken. Could the Cs swing Haywood and Terry somehow? Doesn't help with age, but I really don't see a 2 team trade leaving Rondo somewhere warm that's really worth it for the Cs

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

OPEN TO ALL CONVERSATIONS !!   AS DAD WOULD SAY...... "SON, DOESN'T COST ANYTHING TO TALK" !!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

Dooling Dooling and Dooling is hardly House Cassell and Rondo. And That was with a Big 3 who was 4 years younger.

And if LA is so screwed with a Fisher/Blake/Random kid combination (which is similar to the Cassell/House/rondo combo) why would the Celtics want to go with an only Dooling combo?

It helps in the frontcourt, yes. But it absolutely screws you at the PG spot. I think it's as important a spot in Boston as it would be in LA right?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

And i usually agree with your posts, but this one leaves me scratching my head

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Rondo hit some shots last night.  If he keeps doing that we better make sure we trade for something of value.  Nash would be an absolute disaster. It would have to be for a lot more talent and it would be hard to match up salaries.

Rondo if he just hits the outside shot moderately is a very good point guard.  If he can hit the outside shot and free throws well he is a great player.  If he can't hit shots he is a liability.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Why would the Lakers consider that trade, Kobe knows Rondo's man would double on him and what good would it do to pass it back to Rondo?  Celtic fans are the only ones who think Rondo is worth a Gasol, Pau or Mark!!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

You're right i didn't see both Laker Clipper games, i only saw the first game, so sue me!!  What good is Rondo without the ball? Kobe is going to have the ball in his hands most of the time, Rondo is a bad match for the Lakers in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, i'm with you on doing the trade, i just don't see it happening!!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In Response to Re: Celts Still Talking Rondo Trade?:
    In Response to Re: Celts Still Talking Rondo Trade? : Remember, Pau still has 57m left, for the next 3 years, in his contract. By getting Rondo and JO that would mean a salary dump. Part of the reason why the Lakers traded Pau to the Rockets was for salary dump.
    Posted by Fiercest34

The other part was to get Chris Paul, Rondo ain't no Chris Paul!!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

i think / hope this rumor is just marshall trying to attract some attention to himself, ala some of our fine contributors around here. i see nothing in the nat'l media so ima consider it nothing. but if it is true, it's phoenix and nash, not the lakers.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Good idea to keep this thread open for the next 8 years or until Rondo learns to be an effective midrange and freethrow shooter.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

If anyone remembers in the summer, I proposed a trade of Rondo, Bradley and JON to PHO for Nash, Lopez and Pietrus!

Still works!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Celts Still Talking Rondo Trade? : If healthy, JO is better than Lopez.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Perhaps, but Lopez is much younger, and both Nash and Pietrus have expiring deals!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

If Rondo is still under trade talks, you can be sure there is a pointguard in return. Clippers have a bunch of PG..who knows...

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Celts Still Talking Rondo Trade? : You get 2 points if that trade happens.
    Posted by Fiercest34

LOL!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Fierce is right Rondo would be a very attractive trade for the Lakers. The only downside is it would be the Celtics they are trading with. With Rondo and his passing they would be a much better team.  It won't happen, besides Gasol will not get us over the top and his three years at 57 million is an albatross.  

The Nash thing scares me because it is so obviously a bad move.  He is older than any of the Big Three.  He is not going to put us over the top and Rondo needs to be traded for something that strenghtens our future not something that helps us this year. And by the way he won't help us get better this year against Miami and Chicago.

Sections
Shortcuts