Celts Still Talking Rondo Trade?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from henryfinkel. Show henryfinkel's posts

Re: Celts Still Talking Rondo Trade?

Back when Gasol was with Memphis I suggested trading Perk for him straight up, feeling that he and Big Al (still with the team at that time) would work well in tandem. I feel the same way now. Gasol and KG would provide versatility and length up front. I also agree that our chances of signing Howard next year are slim to none. We might as well spend the money now on a big who can help us now and over the next few years. Point guards are far more plentiful than quality bigs, so losing Rondo (and his shooting inconsistencies and immaturity) may not be such a big deal.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

In Response to Re: Celts Still Talking Rondo Trade?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celts Still Talking Rondo Trade? : If the Celts don't get Dwight the Celts will have a lot of money and no one to give it to. Might as well give it to the most skilled big man in the NBA, right? And Pau is still 31 years old, he can still play at a high level for at least 3 more years.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

What a year to have all that cap space. After dhoward and dwill its slim pickings and neither wants to play here.
    The problem with getting gasol for rondo, is you just open up another hole  now at pg, so what did you really gain other than taking on a huge contract for a player on the decline?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

I'd take bynu... I mean Gasol. The dude can play.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

You think that trade makes us a championship team? I dont. Even if its a slight improvment this year, what happens next year?  You have an old pp,old gasol. No young star to build around and not as much cap space.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Yes, who wants a 7 ftr that can rebound, score, and has championship experience..one who was playing with a biggst ball hogger....cant really make that much of a difference, like he did for the lakers, a few years ago.????

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I think he just wants out.......

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]If Pau Gasol is soft in getting 18 rebounds in a Game 7 of a Finals game then what do you call a 7-footer who can only grab 3 rebounds, 0 offensive rebounds, in a Game 7 of an NBA Finals?

Even softer... apparently.

Pud

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celts Still Talking Rondo Trade? : The point is no rebound, no rings.  Championships are won in the paint. No way the Celts will win a championship without inside scoring and adequate rebounding. The only reason why the Heat failed to beat the Mavs in the Finals last year is the Heat had no go to guy in the post. When Lebron went cold the Heat couldn't score. Getting only 38 rebounds per game means you're giving your opponents way too many 2nd shot attempts.  Also not having an inside presence means Pierce and Ray would have less opportunities to get open. We need an inside-outside game to have a more balanced offense.

I am not saying we don't need to improve in the rebounding area.  Not at all. I am saying that with the system that Doc runs, he doesn't try to get offensive rebounds, he gets back on defense,  our offense is a slow down type offense, we probably shoot the fewest shots in the league.  There are probably less shots taken in our games and other games.  Our percentage of rebounds  would probably be more indicative of how well we rebound than the number of rebounds.  The more shots during a game the more rebounds each team will get. Like I was saying about something historic happening nearly every game,  last nite was the first time a 1 win team has beaten a 10 win team in NFL history.  At least that is what the announcer said.  Colts\Texans

Anyway I agree we need to rebound bettter butr not convinced so much about the number of rebounds though.
    Have a Merry Christmas.

1/1

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Keep in mind that in 2008 Garnett grabbed all the rebounds and Gasol was soft. In 2010 Gasol grabbed the rebounds and the following year he could do nothing.  He is year older and I don't see him controlling the boards in the key playoff games any longer. I would not expect him to bounce back so strongly.  Even with his motivation to play well this year, he will not benefit with the Laker frontline not around him.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Rondo for Bynum!!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Fierce,
    I will take your word for it.  Gasol has seen his best days however.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Fierce, I will take your word for it.  Gasol has seen his best days however.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Steamer may surprise some people if he gets consistent playing time.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

[QUOTE]Good idea to keep this thread open for the next 8 years or until Rondo learns to be an effective midrange and freethrow shooter.
    Posted by breaktime[/QUOTE]

Exactly like the DH to the Lakers in the next 24-48 hours thread - the trade watch can go on forever.....

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I heard that story,  let's see how he performs this year. I don't like the guy and it may color my judgement.

22. This post has been removed.