Celts / Suns / Lakers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhataMaroon. Show WhataMaroon's posts

Celts / Suns / Lakers

http://www.celticsblog.com/2014/2/4/5380040/i-hate-all-your-rajon-rondo-trade-ideas

Celtsfanforlife

"Lakers in: Rondo, late 2014 1st rounder from Pheonix
    Pheonix in: Gasol 
    Celtics in: Okafer, Lakers 2014 1st rounder unprotected"

"Lakers: They get another start to pair with Kobe. Kobe loves Rondo.

Suns: We know they want Gasol and this is about the right price.

Celts: They get another great lottery pick. And Lakers will be horrible with no Kobe or Gasol."

Jeff Clark: "Nope.  I can't even imagine trading Rondo for a draft pick until the draft order is set for 2014, which would be too late for the Lakers purpose of shedding salary at the deadline."

Blogger has me intrigues ... and the author makes a good point. I'd be interested in participating in this deal if we got back it bit more. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Celts / Suns / Lakers

Celtics and lakers have never traded...........

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to WhataMaroon's comment:

http://www.celticsblog.com/2014/2/4/5380040/i-hate-all-your-rajon-rondo-trade-ideas

Celtsfanforlife

"Lakers in: Rondo, late 2014 1st rounder from Pheonix
    Pheonix in: Gasol 
    Celtics in: Okafer, Lakers 2014 1st rounder unprotected"

"Lakers: They get another start to pair with Kobe. Kobe loves Rondo.

Suns: We know they want Gasol and this is about the right price.

Celts: They get another great lottery pick. And Lakers will be horrible with no Kobe or Gasol."

Jeff Clark: "Nope.  I can't even imagine trading Rondo for a draft pick until the draft order is set for 2014, which would be too late for the Lakers purpose of shedding salary at the deadline."

Blogger has me intrigues ... and the author makes a good point. I'd be interested in participating in this deal if we got back it bit more. 

Interesting proposal - thanks for posting! 

DA likely has a 1,000 plus scenarios running through his head right now! 

In DA we trust - Go Celtics!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shamrock1000. Show shamrock1000's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

Never say never:

August 6, 2004: The Boston Celtics traded Chucky AtkinsJumaine Jones and Chris Mihm to the Los Angeles Lakers for Rick FoxGary Payton and a 2006 1st round draft pick (Rajon Rondo was later selected)

January 21, 1999: The Boston Celtics traded Travis Knight to the Los Angeles Lakers for Tony Battie.

December 27, 1977: The Boston Celtics traded Charlie Scott to the Los Angeles Lakers for Don ChaneyKermit Washington and a 1978 1st round draft pick (Freeman Williams was later selected).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to shamrock1000's comment:

Never say never:

August 6, 2004: The Boston Celtics traded Chucky AtkinsJumaine Jones and Chris Mihm to the Los Angeles Lakers for Rick FoxGary Payton and a 2006 1st round draft pick (Rajon Rondo was later selected)

January 21, 1999: The Boston Celtics traded Travis Knight to the Los Angeles Lakers for Tony Battie.

December 27, 1977: The Boston Celtics traded Charlie Scott to the Los Angeles Lakers for Don ChaneyKermit Washington and a 1978 1st round draft pick (Freeman Williams was later selected).

I stand corrected.  I forgot about the Scott trade, and I thought Pitino just released Fox.....my bad.  Don't like the OP's proposal anyway.....but I do stand corrected.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

Hate it.  Rondo for a 8-10 pick? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Mid 1960s:  Boston got Bailey Howell from Baltimore; Lakers got Mel Counts (:-)) from Boston, forget what Baltimore got from Lakers.

That said, Rondo to LA never going to happen unless RR goes to an intermediate stop first.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhataMaroon. Show WhataMaroon's posts

In response to myurkus' comment:

Hate it.  Rondo for a 8-10 pick? 

It would be no worse than 8th, we also get cap relief by dumping Okefor next year, plus, as I earlier said, we'd need a bit more coming back to make this work. There's risk all around on this deal. Will Rondo go back to what he was? Is he susceptible to another injury? What does this additional pick yield for us at 8 or 6 or 4 or ... ? We'll have 2 top 8 picks in a good draft and cap space. I think Danny eventually moves Rondo. It's either 2014 trade deadline, this summer, or 2015 trade deadline. Factor in the risk earlier mentioned, and he needs to decide WHEN to pull that trigger.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

lakers would never do it - they have Nash, Farmar, Blake, Marshall and Henry all playing as PGs...............................AND they want a draft pick for Gasol, not to give one up.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhataMaroon. Show WhataMaroon's posts

In response to Number6Fan's comment:

Mid 1960s:  Boston got Bailey Howell from Baltimore; Lakers got Mel Counts (:-)) from Boston, forget what Baltimore got from Lakers.

That said, Rondo to LA never going to happen unless RR goes to an intermediate stop first.

Why ? Danny would be willing to deal w/ the Lakers if it improved the team. And Kobe would LOVE to have Rondo join them. What do you see as the issue?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhataMaroon. Show WhataMaroon's posts

lakers would never do it - they have Nash, Farmar, Blake, Marshall and Henry all playing as PGs...............................AND they want a draft pick for Gasol, not to give one up.

The proposal does have the Lakers getting a draft pick in addition to Rondo;

"Lakers in: Rondo, late 2014 1st rounder from Pheonix"

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shamrock1000. Show shamrock1000's posts

In response to shamrock1000's comment:

Never say never:

I stand corrected.  I forgot about the Scott trade, and I thought Pitino just released Fox.....my bad.  Don't like the OP's proposal anyway.....but I do stand corrected.

I had forgetten about these trades also (I am trying to forget everything about the Pitino years...). The trade involving Fox was actually when Gary Payton came for that one year - Fox came along with him FROM the Lakers BACK TO the Celtics, but he was immediately waived and never put on a uniform (Ithink...).  You might be right that he went to the Lakers via free agency in the 1st place.

Also don't like the proposal. The Celtics have accumulated enough currency/assets - it is time to start to that currency/those assets into quality players, not the other wat around.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

They were already offered that pick, and turned it down.  Also, what would they do with 6 PG's??

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Why ? Danny would be willing to deal w/ the Lakers if it improved the team. And Kobe would LOVE to have Rondo join them. What do you see as the issue?

[/QUOTE]
    Because Rondo to LA would help them way more than almost anything we would get in return.  LA is not going to surrender a lottery pick -- esp. because you can take it to the bank that regardless of where the two teams finish, the Lakers will wind up with a higher pick after the lottery than the Celtics.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhataMaroon. Show WhataMaroon's posts

They were already offered that pick, and turned it down.  Also, what would they do with 6 PG's??

With 5 PG's already in tow and a .333 winning percentage, it looks like their auditioning to find their PG of the future (won't be Nash). How much time Kobe have left? I wouldn't be surprised to see the Lakers look to acquire both Melo and Rondo to establish a 3 year window to make another run.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

With 5 PG's already in tow and a .333 winning percentage, it looks like their auditioning to find their PG of the future (won't be Nash). How much time Kobe have left? I wouldn't be surprised to see the Lakers look to acquire both Melo and Rondo to establish a 3 year window to make another run.

Rondo, kobe and Melo???

Who would get them the ball, Ryan Kelly and Robert Sacre????

Sections
Shortcuts