Celts Trading Up Is Better

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Re: Celts Trading Up Is Better

I don't want Love...he alone won't change their fortunes...NOBODY else is coming here to play with Wee Devilman PG, he sucks. Yes, he can get you dimes but only when he wants to, he can't shoot, stopped playing D long before he hurt his knee, has never been able to hit free throws in the 4th Qtr and cannot protect the lead late in games. The man is a well known and established head case. And Anthony wants no part of Boston or Wee Devilman PG. He will not want to fight Wee Devilman PG for the ball.

And in your heart you know I'm right.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm not going to complain if the Celts get Kevin Love.

But my first choice would be the Celtics ending up with a top 3 pick in this year's draft.

That's the best long term solution IMO.

[/QUOTE]

sure, either one would be ok.  but if you get a top 3 pick, who do you take.  the risk/reward with embiid is too high for me.  he could be hakeem, could be oden.  I would go with wiggins.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

In response to myurkus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

But my first choice would be the Celtics ending up with a top 3 pick in this year's draft.

[/QUOTE]

sure, either one would be ok.  but if you get a top 3 pick, who do you take.  the risk/reward with embiid is too high for me.  he could be hakeem, could be oden.  I would go with wiggins.

[/QUOTE]

I disagree, I would go for Embiid over Parker or Wiggins from my limited watching of the 3. If we can't get a top 3 pick or Love maybe trading down might be the way to go or being the 3rd party in a trade that involves Love. Chicago supposedly is willing to part with Butler and/or Gibson and has multiple 1st rnd picks. I would give up the 6th pick if some how I could get Butler and/ or Gibson and/ or Gieng and a pick in the early 20s  and some contracts to help chi land Love. After # 3 you can make a case for the next 20 prospects in the draft to be #4.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Parker

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-pm-executives-biggest-draft-mistakes/?utm_source=feedly&utm_reader=feedly&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=nba-pm-executives-biggest-draft-mistakes" rel="nofollow">http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-pm-executives-biggest-draft-mistakes/?utm_source=feedly&utm_reader=feedly&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=nba-pm-executives-biggest-draft-mistakes

Top 5 mistakes GM's make in the draft with this year's culprit for each category;

#5 Questionable Character .... Hairston

#4 History of Injury ... Embiid

#3 Potential .... LaVine

#2 International Players .... Exum or Nurkic

#1 Size .... Nurkic, Porzingis, Capela & Tavares

Runner Ups;

Undersized .... Napier or Russ Smith (2nd rd)

Need Over BPA .... Utah, at pick #5, is in an interesting position to do something crazy. The best player available for them there is likely to be either Marcus Smart, Julius Randle or Noah Vonleh, none of whom they really need, but their desire to shore up the center position may have them draft Nurkic sooner than expected.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Interesting, and I agree Utah is the wild card, but, apparently, they are trying to bring former second round pick Ante Tomic to the NBA this year.  He is 7' 1", and is leaving Real Madrid.

Don't know if he's any good, but if they can get him, I doubt they waste the 5th pick on another "project."

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

IF we don't get a stud or two, Rondo will be on the block and it would be much easier to trade up or down.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Where are the other 7 post?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]

Don't you see the irony in your statement? If the C's trade up, it is only to use that pick in a trade for Love. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

If we can move and get the player, IMO Embiid, we want and not Love, it would give us more cap versatility the rest of the offseason.

If Kevin Love really does want to play in Boston and is holding the cards it may not take the #6 to land him. If he wants to come here and is planning to be a Celtic he might want us to use the #6 for his new team ala Kobe Bryant back when he said he wasn't going to play in Philly when they drafted him. Probable ? No but it's early June so it's all speculation. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

If we can move and get the player, IMO Embiid, we want and not Love, it would give us more cap versatility the rest of the offseason.

If Kevin Love really does want to play in Boston and is holding the cards it may not take the #6 to land him. If he wants to come here and is planning to be a Celtic he might want us to use the #6 for his new team ala Kobe Bryant back when he said he wasn't going to play in Philly when they drafted him. Probable ? No but it's early June so it's all speculation. 

Love won't necessarily get what he wants and might be traded to whoever gives Minny the best deal. And whoever makes the deal you can be sure they'll give up their best pick this year....hoping they don't get our #6 is insane.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

I  was going to go Fav even up for love but now that I know that every big Euro in the draft is going to be great, I realize that our Euro big man ,, Fav must be a secret weapon too, so they will have to throw in another guy and a draft pick with Love to get our Fav

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

I'm all for it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-pm-executives-biggest-draft-mistakes/?utm_source=feedly&utm_reader=feedly&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=nba-pm-executives-biggest-draft-mistakes" rel="nofollow">http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-pm-executives-biggest-draft-mistakes/?utm_source=feedly&utm_reader=feedly&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=nba-pm-executives-biggest-draft-mistakes

Top 5 mistakes GM's make in the draft with this year's culprit for each category;

#5 Questionable Character .... Hairston

#4 History of Injury ... Embiid

#3 Potential .... LaVine

#2 International Players .... Exum or Nurkic

#1 Size .... Nurkic, Porzingis, Capela & Tavares

Runner Ups;

Undersized .... Napier or Russ Smith (2nd rd)

Need Over BPA .... Utah, at pick #5, is in an interesting position to do something crazy. The best player available for them there is likely to be either Marcus Smart, Julius Randle or Noah Vonleh, none of whom they really need, but their desire to shore up the center position may have them draft Nurkic sooner than expected.

[/QUOTE]

What is the center issue Utah has? Kanter and Favors can both handle the spot. 

Gordon would be good for them as a 3 with the athleticism and strength to play the 4 and backup Favors, who in turn backs up Kanter. Vonleh and Randle would both be PF's off the bench (best thing for them) also allowing Favors to backup Kanter. 

Smart could potentially be the big guard foil to Burke who is barely 6' and ideally shouldn't be more than a Jameer Nelson 26-30 minute PG. Smart could then also play some SG alongside whoever the Jazz pay between Hayward and Alec Burks. 

Nurkic won't be on option for them at all I don't think. Unless he is there when they pick 21 or 22 or whatever. 

The Jazz should be desperately trying to persuade a top 3 pick team to send it to them for their two picks, either Burks and a future pick so they can take Parker.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

They aren't trading up into the top 3.

Love won't help this team win a championship.

...the King of the Rumba Beat...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Fierce good idea. I hadn't really thought about this option. It makes sense if the price for Love is too high.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Trading up is great but it's almost impossible to do. The top three teams need those picks and there is an apparent dropoff after it. 

Good for Ainge to try but it's likely futile. 

"And Anthony wants no part of Boston or Wee Devilman PG."

That's good, Anthony stinks. He's never won anything. He needs the ball in his hand so he can lose games. 

Rondo is not the reason there's no other options besides Love. The reason there's no options besides Love is because, aside from Anthony, he's the only guy out there. 

Rondo is not on a long term contract right now, so Ainge's job is to recruit guys to play here whether or not Rondo is here. Rondo really doesn't factor into recruitment until he signs a long term deal. But there's no one to recruit anyhow, which is why Ainge is focused on the draft. And whoever is drafted will be happy to play with Rondo for a year. 

Sections
Shortcuts