Celts trying to trade Wilcox instead of Collins shows intention to find some Melo time?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from postal5. Show postal5's posts

Celts trying to trade Wilcox instead of Collins shows intention to find some Melo time?

Posters have guessed WIlcox may now get major minutes between filling the need to rest KG and also play some PF against bigger lineups.  Could Collins play such large minutes?  I doubt Doc would play Collins more than 10-12 min.  If Collins stayed and Wilcox was gone,  perhaps some minutes were being carved out for Melo?  Either that or micro-teeny ball.  Along those lines, it was funny to hear Van Gundy say that the Celts were challenged on D because their guard were "tiny".  And most of us thought the small ball problem was mainly with the frontcourt. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: Celts trying to trade Wilcox instead of Collins shows intention to find some Melo time?

Melo's not ready. He's a two to three year project, not sure why it is so difficult for folks to understand a guy who only start balling at age 17 can't play in the NBA yet. 

I see Ainge picking up a big off the scrap heap. I suspect Ainge wanted to keep Collins and from what I hear it was a last minute addition to make the trade work...but the full truth of that may not have come out yet

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from postal5. Show postal5's posts

Re: Celts trying to trade Wilcox instead of Collins shows intention to find some Melo time?

Melo looks like he has little idea of where the ball is going.  He also seems to be still pushing for rebounding positon when shots hit the rim   If he gets regular minutes, he is going to make some embarrasing plays.  Tough way to learn. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Why would the Celtics prefer to keep Collins over Wilcox? Maybe personality issues? Wilcox is the better player and it's not even close. The Celtics are lucky to have a guy like Wilcox at his salary. He's solid.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Melo's not ready. He's a two to three year project, not sure why it is so difficult for folks to understand a guy who only start balling at age 17 can't play in the NBA yet. 

I see Ainge picking up a big off the scrap heap. I suspect Ainge wanted to keep Collins and from what I hear it was a last minute addition to make the trade work...but the full truth of that may not have come out yet

+1  looked like Melo was deer in the headlights against LA..What do we expect. He will improve but probably not enough this year. Play him now I know he will be great in the future, but find a fast athletic Tree for the 2nd season. Hope I am surprised!! Go Melo!

Sections
Shortcuts