celts v. wizards 1/2/11

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: celts v. wizards 1/2/11

In Response to Re: celts v. wizards 1/2/11:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: celts v. wizards 1/2/11 : McGee will become a restricted free-agent in July 2012. Unless you offer him the max contract the Wiz will match any offers for him. Remember, DeAndre got 40m for 4 years. McGee will get more than that. 
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

I guess my point is, we have a few options.  Seems to me we could get Cousins or McGee AND Humphries...then go after a 2 guard like Mayo or Young.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

None of those guys are game changers who make us championship contenders.  We'd just have a high payroll of "pretty talented" players (Green, Rondo, Bass, etc) competing against Durant and team, Melo/Amare/Chandler, Bosh/Lebron/Wade, CP3/Griffith/JOrdan/Bledsoe, Rose and Crew, Howard + maybe DWill......

We will need more than a McGee or Humphrees as our prized wins in free agency!!!   What have those guys EVER won?  They are just support pieces.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Yes, that's a nice core, but its the Atlanta Hawks of the last 5 or 6 years.  They will win games, make the playoffs every year, and never really view for a championship.  We need someone to carry that team the way KG/Pierce/Ray did 4 years ago, the way Kobe/Gasol/Bynum did for multiple years, the way Lebron/Wade did last year, etc.   We need one really dynamite player to add to that group to challenge for the title.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Between KG and Ray, I believe Ray would be the one we can get back for less money.  He's always in shape.  He'd be willing to come off the bench.  He's a true Celtic and stability is important to him.  

Whoever we get next year, I expect Ray to be a 6th man of the year candidate.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: celts v. wizards 1/2/11 : Ya got to have tradeable assets to get a big Kahuna and those are tradeable assets that make for a good start.
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

If you look at them as tradeable assets, then they are good.  But, whoever posted that team (you?) didn't describe them as tradeable assets.   They described them as our team.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

We have a bright future as a darn good team.  I want to have a team that challenges for a championship, however (a GREAT team).  If you package those picks for one higher pick or we package a player and a pick for the number 1, 2, or 3 pick - THEN we might have a great team.

That's what Danny needs to do, build a GREAT team.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: celts v. wizards 1/2/11 : I said that/meant that as a good young core and with our current guys and picks that core won't be newbies but a young core with plenty of experience with a few older players to provide stability like Ray & Pierce. Thats a team that could beat anyone and challenge for a championship with the right bench.
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

hmmm, you're more optimistic than me on that front.  I think winners are always the great players.  I can only remember one championship team in the last 10 or 15 years made up of a lot of "good" players with no great players (HOF'ers still in the middle of their careers).  That was Detroit and I'm not sure anyone can do that again.  We gotta have a younger KG, Pierce, Ray or a Lebron, a Wade, a Dirk, a Duncan, a Kobe, a Durant, a Rose, a Howard, etc.  

But, I do agree that if we signed some of those guys you mention plus the draft choices we have, we might be able to pull off a trade for a great player to help carry the team.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts