Celts vs. Bucks 11/10/12

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Celts vs. Bucks 11/10/12

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I hope some of the guys are already understand that if more than half of your team is new, it's a rebuild. You also need to rebuild team chemistry, that's why.

[/QUOTE]

what does it mean to 'are already understand'?

Last year over half the team was new as well... the term 'rebuild' in basketball NEVER refers to a title contending team that returns all its starters, and guys on the roster from a year ago who went out with injuries... just the facts.

Good win by C's tonight

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

But Terry is a scorer, and Lee more defensive minded..its good that doc has more options this year..and when AB returns?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

these close games might be better for them as they get comfortable as opposed to 20 point blow outs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to breaktime's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to prakash's comment:
    OK, a road win.  Finally.  And a Jeff Green sighting.  Brings some relief.

Partial sighting at best.  More is expected of him.

[/QUOTE]

More is expected, but it was more than just a partial sighting.   2 blocks, a key steal, drives to the basket to draw fouls (don't see that often enough with the jump shooting C's).  Smart foul when he had to help on Dalembaer.  hustled down court to stop a fast break by blocking the shot.  All around good game.

he stunk in the other games but in this game you have to give credit where it's due!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

it was great to see jeff green play well tonight.....need to see more of that......good comeback win by the celtics...need to start stringing some together now

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

what does it mean to 'are already understand'?

Last year over half the team was new as well... the term 'rebuild' in basketball NEVER refers to a title contending team that returns all its starters, and guys on the roster from a year ago who went out with injuries... just the facts.

Good win by C's tonight

[/QUOTE]

You also want to go to the Herald to tell them that?

http://bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/celtics/view/20221108far_from_acceptable_despite_win_effort_not_there/

Despite win, C’s effort not there By Steve Bulpett
    Thursday, November 8, 2012 -  Updated 3 days ago

Hopes were raised by the offseason rebuilding, but nobody could expect the engine to be in perfect tune as the garage door opened on 2012-13.

[/QUOTE]

Sure I'd tell Steve he is not using the term correctly the same as you

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

More is expected, but it was more than just a partial sighting.   2 blocks, a key steal, drives to the basket to draw fouls (don't see that often enough with the jump shooting C's).  Smart foul when he had to help on Dalembaer.  hustled down court to stop a fast break by blocking the shot.  All around good game.

he stunk in the other games but in this game you have to give credit where it's due!

Still overseas and  only watching the  score updates  on  espn.com.  With no regular TV feed at this point and my sentiment wanting Green to justify DA's judgement, am more than happy to defer to your opinion  on the quality of Green's last game.

Some good news at  the  beginning of a season  where good news has been in  short supply.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

A good win tonight for the C's especially after the dismal display against the Bucks in the home opener.  Pierce was the leader as usual with 25pts and 9 rebounds.  Good to see Green show up at least a little bit.  I like Terry starting until Bradley gets back, Lee is just not getting it done.  Doc is showing patience trying to figure out this team and rotation.  I am still concerned about lack of rebounding and a big presence inside when Garnett is out of the game.  It looks like Wilcox is going to be first big in going forward.  Even though the Celtics won the game they were outrebounded again by an average Bucks team.  If the C's are going to win a championship then they need to stop giving up second chance opportunities to the opponent.  Just my take, very good win tonight for the C's.  Onward and upward.....Go C's

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Im tired of all the jump shotsr head down.  Put your head down and drive to the basket and force the zebras to make a call.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Ortiz123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

But Terry is a scorer, and Lee more defensive minded..its good that doc has more options this year..and when AB returns?

[/QUOTE]

When AB returns, Lee becomes expendable. 

Right now Terry has proven that he's worth every dollar the Celts paid for him.

The Celts can't keep Rondo, Terry, AB, Barbosa, and Lee. One has to go.

[/QUOTE]

We need another spot up shooter...we don't have one other than Terry.

This will open up the lanes for Pierce and Green..Terry makes all the difference for Rondo..

Other wise they will stay home and clog the lanes..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Sure I'd tell Steve he is not using the term correctly the same as you

[/QUOTE]

Wow! 

Steve Bulpett has 10 times more credibility than you do. And you're going to correct him?

HAHAHA!!!

[/QUOTE]

I guess that means Bulpett has 20 times more credibility than you Fierce;-)

He hopefully is just referring to a 'rebuilt' roster, b/c we all know this is not a 'rebuilding year' as that term is used in the NBA.

A 'rebuilding year/team' is what your inaccurate thread the other day was doing, a thread that seemed to make excuses for a poor start and flip-flop from your confident and positive support of the team just 2-3 weeks earlier... such behaviot is never appreciated by me when it comes to the support of the c's I expect from its fans.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The only thing resembling a 'rebuild' was swapping Allen for Lee, b/c of the 10 year age difference, but even that is shaky considering Lee was plan B, the C's tried to keep one of the oldest players in the sport, and Lee is making 2 million more than Allen.

The C's introduced Dooling, Pietrus, Bass, Steamer, Wilcox, Johnson, Hollins and Moore last year. Practically the same as Terry, Lee, Darko, Collins, Sully, Melo, Joseph, Barbosa and Green (who isn't even a new face). Were we rebuilding last year?

In '10 we swapped out Sheed for Shaq, brought in new guys like JO, Semih, Harangody, DWest, Sasha, Troy Murphy and made the monster Perk trade, that ended once and for all the starting 5 that won a title in '08. Were we rebuilding then?

Rebuilding teams go young, like VERY young, and aim for the lotto. So even tho Danny drafted Sully and Melo, he'd drafted super young kids before in Bill Walker, Semih and Avery, the lotto was NEVEr an option, and that was all while nobody felt we were 'rebuilding'.

Rebuilding teams dump huge expiring contracts (like Pierce's), don't EXTEND 36 year olds at 3/33 and don't give the FULL MLE to 35 year olds.

I'm sorry but the Celtics are NOT 'rebuilding'... they have a roster that may be 'rebuild' in that it has a lot of new additions... but there is a MAJOR difference between a ''rebuilt roster' and a 'rebuilding club', as anyone who knows about the NBA should easily understand.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

...........................WATCH JENNINGS VS RONDO

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]

The only thing resembling a 'rebuild' was swapping Allen for Lee, b/c of the 10 year age difference, but even that is shaky considering Lee was plan B, the C's tried to keep one of the oldest players in the sport, and Lee is making 2 million more than Allen.

The C's introduced Dooling, Pietrus, Bass, Steamer, Wilcox, Johnson, Hollins and Moore last year. Practically the same as Terry, Lee, Darko, Collins, Sully, Melo, Joseph, Barbosa and Green (who isn't even a new face). Were we rebuilding last year?

In '10 we swapped out Sheed for Shaq, brought in new guys like JO, Semih, Harangody, DWest, Sasha, Troy Murphy and made the monster Perk trade, that ended once and for all the starting 5 that won a title in '08. Were we rebuilding then?

Rebuilding teams go young, like VERY young, and aim for the lotto. So even tho Danny drafted Sully and Melo, he'd drafted super young kids before in Bill Walker, Semih and Avery, the lotto was NEVEr an option, and that was all while nobody felt we were 'rebuilding'.

Rebuilding teams dump huge expiring contracts (like Pierce's), don't EXTEND 36 year olds at 3/33 and don't give the FULL MLE to 35 year olds.

I'm sorry but the Celtics are NOT 'rebuilding'... they have a roster that may be 'rebuild' in that it has a lot of new additions... but there is a MAJOR difference between a ''rebuilt roster' and a 'rebuilding club', as anyone who knows about the NBA should easily understand.

[/QUOTE]

Very well explained Rame.  I still feel like we will be a very good team after its all said and done whether we make any changes or not.  It is just a matter of developing the chemistry needed.  I have always felt and still feel that is the most important aspect of a team. The Laker team that had Malone, Kobe, Shaq, and the Glove is a perfect example.  No chemistry even though they made the finals.  Pure talent took them there and the dominatiion by Shaq who by the way was the main reason for the Laker succes during that time period as evidence of his MVP awards. (just had to get that last little dig in)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Very well explained Rame.  I still feel like we will be a very good team after its all said and done whether we make any changes or not.  It is just a matter of developing the chemistry needed.  I have always felt and still feel that is the most important aspect of a team. The Laker team that had Malone, Kobe, Shaq, and the Glove is a perfect example.  No chemistry even though they made the finals.  Pure talent took them there and the dominatiion by Shaq who by the way was the main reason for the Laker succes during that time period as evidence of his MVP awards. (just had to get that last little dig in)

[/QUOTE]

Thanks oneonone, its pretty obvious the Celtics are not rebuidling and I'm glad you can understand the difference.

That LA team was thankfully full of too many alpha dogs. Shaq was indeed the man those years and would have won 3 titles with at least a dozen other scoring sidekicks who were in the game at that time, including Pierce. And I doubt they would have tried to discredit and kick him to the curb like Kome did.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

It is just common sense when it comes to the sport of basketball, the way that term is used is not in reference to what is going on in Boston. I'm not sure how Bulpett means it, he likely just meant a 'rebuilt roster' but the way you continually phrase it... as an excuse for lowering our expectations, as reason why the team is struggling early, as a reason why the team isn't making any playoff noise until Wade and the Heat get older, is not accurate.

The C's drafted a 19-20 year old and turned over half the roster MULTIPLE times in the past 4 years... it wasn't called rebuilding. Just b/c they finally broke up the big 3 of Ray, KG and Pierce and added so many new faces you may think a 'rebuilding' era has begun, but as I pointed out in the post oneonone agreed with, that is def not the case.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts