Celts vs. Bulls; KG Will Play

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Re: Celts vs. Bulls; KG Will Play

Fiercest, thanks for kicking it off.  I honestly cannot see us beating Chicago tonight whether or not Rose plays.

I think it's safe to say PP and RA will continue their struggles against Deng and Brewer and Rondo will probably NOT have a monster game for the 3rd straight game.

It's going to be a tough night.  The calls for the Celtics to make some moves will get even louder after this one.  NY is right on our heels and in a few games, might be in the 7th seed.

I'm not confident about this one but I'm still hoping for a Celtics win.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

coming out to play tonight!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Fierce, I do want a Celtics win.  I just don't have the highest confidence that they'll get it done.  It's a great start though.

Why can't PP start out aggressive like this EVERY GAME?  He looks like he's ready to take it to Deng.

I cannot believe JR Smith may end up in NY.  However, I am not so sure he'll bring more stability to that team.  He's a talented ballplayer but he's a headcase.  He won't get many shot opportunities there.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

The Deng/Pierce match up is looking like a good contest so far.  Deng played good crafty D on Pierce a couple of possessions ago, and Pierce just payed him back with a little crafty-ness of his own.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Fierce is right about saying we are one good Big Man away from being elite..the problem is that Rondo is part of what makes us elite. losing him takes us back down a notch.

its like our CAPTAIN, Paul Pierce has said. "Without Rondo we are still a good team, still a playoff team. But with Rondo we are CONTENDERS." thats where i think Fierce is mistaken. he says our only way to get a big is to trade Rondo, but in that case you DONT make a trade, bc it doesnt REALLY make you better.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Ok, this is the game  thread.  Hi Petey and Fiercest.   After last nights debacle, definitely keeping my fingers crossed tonite.  W or L, hope Doc remembers KG is not 100% and limits his minutes accordingly (fat chance).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

hmmm...offense getting a little stagnant once JJJ and WIlcox come in. i think once those guys come in we need to try to run as much as possible..i guess thats hard when baskets are going in for the other team.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In Response to Re: Celts vs. Bulls; KG Will Play:
    Fierce is right about saying we are one good Big Man away from being elite..the problem is that Rondo is part of what makes us elite. losing him takes us back down a notch. its like our CAPTAIN, Paul Pierce has said. "Without Rondo we are still a good team, still a playoff team. But with Rondo we are CONTENDERS." thats where i think Fierce is mistaken. he says our only way to get a big is to trade Rondo, but in that case you DONT make a trade, bc it doesnt REALLY make you better.
    Posted by JamezHill24

Yes, keep Rondo but can we trade Ray Allen, and I've liked what he's done for the Cs, along with JO and someone else and a draft pick for Gortat ???

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

i love when im right..haha

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Can't teach that speed!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

Are you really that ignorant? Of course Pierce would say that. You really think Pierce would say something negative about Rondo after what Obama said about his shooting?

if pierce didn't believe that, why not just say nothing, fierce? and just so you know, interjecting obama into your point don't add jack.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

rondo is playing great the last few games, this is nice to see

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Fierce is right about saying we are one good Big Man away from being elite..the problem is that Rondo is part of what makes us elite. losing him takes us back down a notch. its like our CAPTAIN, Paul Pierce has said. "Without Rondo we are still a good team, still a playoff team. But with Rondo we are CONTENDERS." thats where i think Fierce is mistaken. he says our only way to get a big is to trade Rondo, but in that case you DONT make a trade, bc it doesnt REALLY make you better.
    Posted by JamezHill24

Yes, keep Rondo but can we trade Ray Allen, and I've liked what he's done for the Cs, along with JO and someone else and a draft pick for Gortat ???

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

two mid range jumpers and a lay-up.....trade rondo now!!!!!!!!  ugh!!!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

In response to "Re: Celts vs. Bulls; KG Will Play":
    In Response to Re: Celts vs. Bulls; KG Will Play : Yes, keep Rondo but can we trade Ray Allen, and I've liked what he's done for the Cs, along with JO and someone else and a draft pick for Gortat ??? Posted by mandobello
    Allen and a pick for Ellis. He may be being shopped. Read on hoopshype where his role has been diminished lately http://www.contracostatimes.com/warriors/ci_19981186?source=rss

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

In Response to Re: Celts vs. Bulls; KG Will Play : What happened to Rondo after that White House visit last year?
    Posted by Fiercest34

he thought obama and obama's boy, reggie love were a couple of turkeys.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Wow...it did my heart good to see them back off Rondo and in the 10-2 run at end of Qtr. he made two 10-15 ft jumpers.
    When someone came out to guard him, he drove to the basket for a layup. Yup, I'd love to keep Rondo but how to we get a big man that Rondo can also toss the ball into other than KG amd mediocre JO ?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Celts vs. Bulls; KG Will Play : Yes, keep Rondo but can we trade Ray Allen, and I've liked what he's done for the Cs, along with JO and someone else and a draft pick for Gortat ???
    Posted by mandobello

i agree, and this is what i was thinking as i was typing..Ray Allen has become expendable with the emergence of Pietrus and E'Twan. we would need to give up pieces, young pieces (not JJJ tho), but i think you do what it takes, but you obviously dont trade the best player on the team and expect to get BETTER with a guy like Gortat.

Sections
Shortcuts